Author Topic: The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth  (Read 430 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth
« on: July 22, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth
Issues & Insights, Jul 22, 2020, Editorial Board

Almost daily now we’ve been reading about how daily deaths from COVID-19 have reached record highs. It’s a scary prospect. But the truth is the mainstream press is grossly misleading the public by misreporting the death counts.

Here’s a typical report, from USA Today a few days ago: “As the outbreak continues to surge across the southern states, Florida, Texas and South Carolina set records for new daily deaths, reporting 156, 129 and 69, respectively.”

ABC News reported that “Nineteen states set single-day records for the most cases this week … Three states set a record today.”

According to PBS in Arizona, the state “on Saturday (July 18) set a record for coronavirus-related deaths reported in one day, with 147, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services.”

The last story is particularly illuminating because the website the PBS article links to includes a chart of daily deaths in the state. It lists only six deaths on July 19. What’s more, the chart shows that there have only been two days where deaths exceeded 65.

So where did that scary 147 number come from? The same place all the other “surging” numbers come from. Each day Arizona and other states file reports on how many people died from COVID-19. It’s not a measure of how many died that day. In most cases, the people died days or even weeks earlier.

In fact, in Arizona’s case, 106 of the reported deaths on Saturday resulted from a periodic review of death certificates.

None of those caveats made it into the PBS story.

The same thing happened in Florida, when a wave of news reports screamed about how the state had recorded 156 deaths in one day last week.

More:  https://issuesinsights.com/2020/07/22/the-big-surge-in-coronavirus-deaths-is-a-media-fed-myth/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 03:46:33 pm »
 :yowsa: ABSOLUTELY!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 04:09:39 pm »

Other states taking the same approach? Yes, Ohio did it the current week. Ohio also did this about 8 weeks back. Both enough to
move Ohio up one position in the States.

This means that the worst of the Surge may have already happened and the current panic being stoked by negligent media and their cohorts in the medical industry. That is their unwillingness to accurately report or any ability to understand the basics of reporting data. This is not accurate reporting, it is a travesty scaring the weak of mind.

Look for the discontinuities to see the fabricated surges.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 04:24:59 pm »
The press hit a trifecta.  They fudge the case numbers by conflating antibody and infection test results, they also fudge the case number by not moving people into "recovered," and now they're fudging the death count, by batching and bogus CODs where a person killed in a car crash counts as a COVID-19 death.

I knew this would happen, their "tell" was when they said policy would be driven by data.  That guaranteed data fudging to get the desired policy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 06:00:02 pm »
The press hit a trifecta.  They fudge the case numbers by conflating antibody and infection test results, they also fudge the case number by not moving people into "recovered," and now they're fudging the death count, by batching and bogus CODs where a person killed in a car crash counts as a COVID-19 death.

I knew this would happen, their "tell" was when they said policy would be driven by data.  That guaranteed data fudging to get the desired policy.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien