Author Topic: Trump mulled selling Puerto Rico, former aide says  (Read 2561 times)

Online corbe

Trump mulled selling Puerto Rico, former aide says
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:32:28 pm »
Trump mulled selling Puerto Rico, former aide says

BY JUSTINE COLEMAN - 07/12/20 02:04 PM EDT

President Trump mulled selling Puerto Rico as the territory struggled in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in 2017, former acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke told The New York Times.

Duke, who served in the role for four months, told the Times on Friday that she was shocked when the president raised the suggestion of “divesting” or “selling” Puerto Rico.

“The president’s initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know,” she said. “Can we outsource the electricity? Can we … sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?”

The newspaper noted that Duke said the idea of selling of Puerto Rico was “never seriously considered or discussed” after Trump proposed it.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506968-trump-mulled-selling-puerto-rico-former-aide-says
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump mulled selling Puerto Rico, former aide says
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:33:00 pm »
   They really, really, really hate him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:38:13 pm »

Who would want to buy Puerto Rico in the first place?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 08:52:02 pm »

It seems that some "haters," are just "chosen" to be so. Can't help themselves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 08:54:53 pm »
Puerto Rico MAYOR IS A PIECE OF SHYT.  Hid food from the people to rot, run over by rats,  in many VANS....then claimed POTUS  did not help. I didn't read much of that article.  ALL LIES. ALL LIES.   P.R. does want to become one of our states,  to forgive their huge loans from USA.  Year ago, it was 93 BILLION dollars.  I am not impressed with their leaders....at all.  Why is this news?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 08:59:37 pm »
10 Aug 2018, 21:18

Several trailers filled with donations for Hurricane Maria victims were found rotting at a state elections office in Puerto Rico this week.
The New York Times reported Friday that at least 10 trailers full of food, water and baby supplies were broken open and overrun with rats.

The Times noted that local radio station, Radio Isla, published a video showing cases of items such as beans, Tylenol and water covered in rat and lizard droppings.
According to the Times, the Puerto Rico elections commission offices were used as a collection center for donations from private entities and nonprofit groups after the island was ravaged by Hurricane Maria last year. Once they were collected, the donations were then distributed by the National Guard.

As the severity of the crisis diminished, the donations were then reportedly stored in trailers in the parking lot of the election bureau’s San Juan offices, where they remained despite continued problems in the region.

Officials confirmed to The Times that the items had remained in trailers for almost a year.

“I agree, it should have been handed out as soon as possible,” Maj. Paul Dahlen, a spokesman for the National Guard, told The Times, adding that some of the materials were received after the National Guard ended its mission in May. 
 Link
 10 Aug 2018, 22:18
the governor could not figure a way to convert these things to stealable cash
n'interrompez jamais votre ennemi quand il commet une erreur
Napoleon Bonaparte

LegalAmerican

10 Aug 2018, 22:34

Wasn't that the loud mouthed mayor complaining about supplies not getting their quick enough and blaming president Trump?  It always turns out to be themselves and their corruption! 

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 09:01:06 pm »
   I have to admit I like his 'selling Puerto Rico' idea better than his 'stealing Venezuela' one.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 09:01:44 pm »
You know divest, can mean cut them loose, and let them function as their own country.  Which BTW, I would support 100%. I am damned tired of subsidizing them since very very few have to pay federal income tax.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 09:02:21 pm »

Wrong, not the people,  only CORRUPT OFFICIALS and ....you!   Why are you so ANTI-AMERICAN?   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 09:05:50 pm »
You know divest, can mean cut them loose, and let them function as their own country.  Which BTW, I would support 100%. I am damned tired of subsidizing them since very very few have to pay federal income tax.

Correct, yet receive all our benefits...like SOCIAL SECURITY....without paying into that.  I think the PRIVATE BANK...FEDERAL RESERVE ...has something to do with this.  They 'hide" things there.  I can't remember.  SOMETHING.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 09:08:59 pm »
   In seems @LegalAmerican that in another life I was a Bolshevik, the white ones and I hope that explains my bitterness toward this Trump Dynasty that you are so infatuated with, but now my only purpose in life is to pizz YOU off, apparently. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 09:18:00 pm »
It seems that some "haters," are just "chosen" to be so. Can't help themselves.

Good one!  Trump "the chosen one"
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 09:19:19 pm »
   In seems @LegalAmerican that in another life I was a Bolshevik, the white ones and I hope that explains my bitterness toward this Trump Dynasty that you are so infatuated with, but now my only purpose in life is to pizz YOU off, apparently.

LA agreed with one of my posts up a few in this thread.  I need to go buy a couple of lotto tickets.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 09:54:56 pm »
LA agreed with one of my posts up a few in this thread.  I need to go buy a couple of lotto tickets.   :cool:

I am honest enough to admit that I've been on @LegalAmerican azz since she arrived, she pizzed me off early, and often, another Trumper, just what TBR needed  *****rollingeyes*****
   I never reported her or put her on Ignore (I never do anybody) AND with all that crap being said I have to admit LA's mellowing out some and may even be polite in the future. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 10:16:37 pm »
 The media is the thought police.  A man has a thought, and he is to be persecuted for thinking.   It is called, brain storming...trying to find a solution to a problem.  Why is this even NEWS WORTHY?   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 10:17:38 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 10:24:12 pm »

Most of you write FICTION.. trying to make it appear as a poster THINKS that.  Why do you do that?   I am a patriot, supporting my American born president.  SHOCKING!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:    WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Most of you men have TRUMP ENVY.  It is self evident, even from 30 years ago & video's about TRUMP.  Everyone wants to be like TRUMP.   HOUSEHOLD WORD.....then the jealousy starts.  The NEED to put down a good man, who works 100 hour works for America , sleeps 4 hours, and does it all as volunteer work.  NO PAY.  HE GIVES that to veterans or some other charity.  I wish he would take the money. 'Journalist ', would badger him, ASK him all the time what something cost.  Then
if he answers , they write, TRUMP BRAGS......envy.  Search your soul. That is all it is, and always has been.  ENVY.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:34:26 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 10:41:11 pm »
    Envious of Donald J. Trump, that's preposterous @LegalAmerican though the thought of stepping on my small d1ck so often without pain is rather appealing.

Online rustynail

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 10:49:55 pm »
Young TRUMP at age 34.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
    Envious of Donald J. Trump, that's preposterous @LegalAmerican though the thought of stepping on my small d1ck so often without pain is rather appealing.

lol. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 11:07:46 pm »
Trump is just a regular guy.  The butler talks. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 11:10:44 pm »
Look who you hate. 

2 seconds ago

I worked construction in NY for years, worked in Trumps building rebuilding a floor. As we sat down to eat Trump and a bunch of suits walked in looking around talking about plans.

He saw us eating and APOLOGIZED for disturbing out lunch.

They all left.

5 minutes later he came back with a sandwich from the deli alone, and sat with us on an upside down bucket and shot the shit with us.

Just regular talking like a normal guy. One worker asked why he didn't eat with the suits, he said although they all worked for him he didn't like them, he was just a regular guy.

And he was. There is nothing pretentious about him. When he says he is better, it is because he is better. Does a olympic runner get called pretentious when he says he is faster than the rest? Not when it is the truth.

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 11:26:03 pm »
   After that heart touching story @LegalAmerican I have officially joined the ranks of Woman at TBR that want to have Trump's baby.