Author Topic: Senate outlook slides for GOP  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate outlook slides for GOP
« on: July 06, 2020, 12:52:57 pm »
 Senate outlook slides for GOP
By Max Greenwood - 07/06/20 06:00 AM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

Democrats are within striking distance of retaking the Senate majority in November, while Republicans are facing an increasingly difficult electoral map as President Trump’s sagging poll numbers threaten to drag down vulnerable GOP incumbents.

Several recent polls show Democratic challengers leading Republican incumbents in Arizona, North Carolina and Iowa. The GOP is also fending off tough challenges in a handful of other states, including Colorado, Maine and Montana.

Democrats need three or four seats to win the Senate, depending on who wins the White House.
ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans still appear on track to unseat Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.) in Alabama, the only Democratic senator in the Deep South. But in Michigan, one of the states Republicans saw as a potential pick-up opportunity, polls show Sen. Gary Peters (D-Mich.) leading Republican John James.

Here are the states in play with four months to go before Election Day:

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/505490-senate-outlook-slides-for-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Senate outlook slides for GOP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 03:10:47 pm »
The outlook for Republicans in 2020 was never good, we have twice as many seats to defend.  Another brilliant article from The Hill.  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 03:12:49 pm »
The outlook for Republicans in 2020 was never good, we have twice as many seats to defend.  Another brilliant article from The Hill.  *****rollingeyes*****

Why do we seem to always have more seats to defend?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »
Just desserts if they do lose the Senate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 03:21:27 pm »
Why do we seem to always have more seats to defend?

In past elections, the Rats have had more seats to defend than the GOP.   That's when the GOP fails to perform and pick up seats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »
On the upside, new poll has Biden and trump tied in florida.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 03:38:49 pm »
Thank god for the Never Trumpers.... /s

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 03:43:25 pm »

Oh c'mon now. What have the Republicans done that warrants their re-election?
The 'they're not Democrats' argument is incoherent.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 03:54:05 pm »
Oh c'mon now. What have the Republicans done that warrants their re-election?
The 'they're not Democrats' argument is incoherent.

You can do whatever you wish, not going down that road with you again...
Just keep in mind that these are not just democrats and if they have control of both the congress and the WH it will be obama on steroids...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 03:54:55 pm »
You can do whatever you wish, not going down that road with you again...
Just keep in mind that these are not just democrats and if they have control of both the congress and the WH it will be obama on steroids...

Like it ain't right now... That's the point.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 05:07:29 pm »

Those suburban women & college educated whites fleeing from the GOP like they're trying to run down Usain Bolt aren't because of Never Trumpers.

Minority engagement in the voting process wasn't at an all-time high in 2018 (wait until you see this November) because of Never Trumpers.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 05:40:25 pm »
On the upside, new poll has Biden and trump tied in florida.

Well...a poll is a poll.  With the huge growing Latino population here in FL and with re-districting, and the migration from blue states here, I will really be surprised if Trump takes Florida.  DeSantis our governor won by less than 1% and right now he's a train wreck for Trump. 

If I had confidence in the electoral process here, I'd say he may have a chance.  Reports of people going to the polls and poll worker not allowing voters to input their completed ballots into the ballot sleeve; the polls workers take possession of them. Gee what could possibly go wrong?

Of course I have all the confidence in the world that the RNC is ensuring that they have poll watchers at all the precincts and are taking the utmost precautions that we will see a fair election.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien