Author Topic: And now come the 2021 cancellations: New York City Ballet Cancels 2020 Fall Season  (Read 517 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.playbill.com/article/new-york-city-ballet-cancels-2020-fall-season

NYCB has also canceled its 2020–2021 engagement of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker, scheduled for November 27–January 3, 2021.

Based on advice and guidelines from government officials and medical professionals, it has become clear that it will not be safe through the end of the year for large groups to gather safely indoors and for our artists to rehearse and interact as they would need to in order to present live performances.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not even big into ballet, but we now have proof: this is never going to get better, is it? We were told, bigger and better in 2021, and now that's being taken away, too.

I give up.

***suicide***
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

Working hard to keep people from the polls in November..

Offline mountaineer

My sister plays in several orchestras, trios, quartets, and the like, including major ballet and opera companies. She's been unemployed since mid-March. So far, three months of no income during one of her busiest times. She still doesn't know whether she'll be working by September.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Working hard to keep people from the polls in November..

Yep. But how will the public react? The CDC has become as popular as a case of herpes - if there is any justice rats who try to perpetuate this farce for political reasons will be swinging from trees.

Offline aligncare

If you were listening with a discerning ear to all the new cases being reported in the news today, you’d notice no mention of morbidity or mortality. The reports are designed simply to keep people SCARED AND AFRAID.

I so despise the media. There is no longer any threat of dying of covid, other than within certain limited, very vulnerable groups.

Offline roamer_1

If you were listening with a discerning ear to all the new cases being reported in the news today, you’d notice no mention of morbidity or mortality. The reports are designed simply to keep people SCARED AND AFRAID.

I so despise the media. There is no longer any threat of dying of covid, other than within certain limited, very vulnerable groups.

That's right.