Author Topic: FBI Director Christopher Wray orders internal review of Michael Flynn investigation  (Read 517 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI Director Christopher Wray orders internal review of Michael Flynn investigation
by Mike Brest
 & Jerry Dunleavy
 | May 22, 2020 02:54 PM
 | Updated May 22, 2020, 04:01 PM

The FBI ordered an internal review of the handling of the bureau's investigation of retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

Director Christopher Wray made the called as he faces increased pressure from Republicans who say he has been too resistant to demands for disclosing secrets about the Trump-Russia investigations they believe unfairly targeted President Trump and the people around him.

The "after action" investigation, announced on Friday, will be carried out by the bureau’s Inspection Division and will focus on two areas: first, evaluating the FBI’s role in the Flynn investigation and rooting out any misconduct by current FBI employees, and second, evaluating the need to change bureau policies as a result of the Flynn revelations.

A statement noted that the FBI will evaluate whether disciplinary measures will be necessary for any current employees, although the bureau lacks to prosecutorial authority to bring a criminal case. The statement also said the FBI lacks the ability to take any disciplinary action against former employees.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fbi-director-christopher-wray-orders-internal-review-of-michael-flynn-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO. :silly: ..an internal investigation/review..they are investigating themselves...that's the ticket~!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

A statement noted that the FBI will evaluate whether disciplinary measures will be necessary for any current employees, although the bureau lacks to prosecutorial authority to bring a criminal case. The statement also said the FBI lacks the ability to take any disciplinary action against former employees.

the bureau lacks to prosecutorial authority??? WTH have we been going thru for 3 years then..
 lacks the ability to take any disciplinary action against former employees... 1...2...3.. everyone quit.. So the point is?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

LMAO. :silly: ..an internal investigation/review..they are investigating themselves...that's the ticket~!

***suicide***

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wray is trying to head Durham off.  He'll try to stymie Durham by claiming "hands off, we're handling it!" while he drags his feet until November.

It's a trick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Wray needs to go.  I honestly do not understand why Trump has kept him this long.  Completely part of the swamp, and nothing he has done has impressed me.

Offline libertybele

Wray needs to go.  I honestly do not understand why Trump has kept him this long.  Completely part of the swamp, and nothing he has done has impressed me.

As much as I have grown to really like Trump ... his picks of Sessions, Giuliani, Rosenstein and others truly raises some suspicions. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What the hell was he doing all the time he's been Director?    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As much as I have grown to really like Trump ... his picks of Sessions, Giuliani, Rosenstein and others truly raises some suspicions.

He wasn't what you might call, an "insider".  Even to his own Party.

I say that he's found his sea legs, splendidly.

No other man or woman could have survived what Pres. Trump has been subjected...4 years next month.  Relentless!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

What the hell was he doing all the time he's been Director?    9999hair out0000

Waiting for all the guilty FBI troops to quit so he could not prosecute them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I still think it's a trick, to keep Durham from finding things.  Wray says he wants a review, Durham says he wants prosecutions.  Let's hope Wray's boss chooses whom to allow to go forward wisely.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Christopher Wray should be under an 'internal review' of himself.
And I believe he is under review. Several people in the White House have said or intimated that they have "no confidence" in Wray to pull the FBI out of the very pit of pure corruption into the open.
The FBI needs a new direction. The FBI needs a new leader. Chris Wray is a swamp denizen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Government is a Career Club.

If you want to run for city council, to "do the right things," you must first court the various govt. emplooyee unions.

Police and fire. You need to assure them, you are NOT in favor of cutting pay, benefits, pensions.

So from the start, you are precluded from the most significant reduction in cost.

In his time, Reagan knew this. He had been a union guy, himself.

He had some savvy advisors, guiding him with the fact he could only appoint a small number of political types, and was stuck with the career types.

A couple of such advisors were Howard Jarvis and Paul Gann, of Prop 13  tax limitation notoriety.

Their  contribution was: government has inertia of its own. The most effective action, is reducing revenue. Just turn off down the spigot, which Prop 13  did do.

History wll record Trump did a lot by appointing judges, and cutting regulations.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

He wasn't what you might call, an "insider".  Even to his own Party.

I say that he's found his sea legs, splendidly.

No other man or woman could have survived what Pres. Trump has been subjected...4 years next month.  Relentless!!

Trump has done remarkably well in spit of all the b.s. thrown at him from all angles.  Insider or not an insider really makes no difference; whoever is advising him on these picks (and I'd say Kushner for the most part) has been dead wrong.  Trump needs to do his own research; a little too late for that.  His picks have cost him dearly, yet he continues.   Barr is yet another clown that he picked that needs to go.  He's taking up space that's about it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slide Rule

FBI Dir Wray is telling everyone that he knows it is all over.

Turn out the lights, the party is over.
All things must end.

https://youtu.be/CtGxusvUT3k

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote