Author Topic: Fox News's Cavuto warns of deadly hydroxychloroquine dangers after Trump says he's taking it  (Read 4175 times)

Offline skeeter

I don't know.  The story I'm thinking of said both husband and wife consumed the fish tank cleaner.
Yeah it’s the same story. Didn’t quite turn out how the media first portrayed it.

Offline Idiot

Offline Applewood

Well, that report is confusing @Applewood   All I know is what they drank had nothing to do with the President.  They were probably two lovely crazies who belonged in a secured facility with 24 hour care. -  happy77

@Right_in_Virginia

Along with a lot of other people who abuse or misuse drugs and a whole lot of other products.  I used to work for an attorney who defended manufacturers in product liability cases.  You would be surprised at the many ways people misuse a product and end up seriously injured or dead.  Sadly, because courts often hold the manufacturer responsible, these companies have to anticipate every conceivable misuse of their product and issue warnings against them.  It's why my blow dryer has a warning not to dry my hair while sitting in a bathtub filled with water -- because someone did, was electrocuted and his estate collected big time from the manufacturer.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Along with a lot of other people who abuse or misuse drugs and a whole lot of other products.  I used to work for an attorney who defended manufacturers in product liability cases.  You would be surprised at the many ways people misuse a product and end up seriously injured or dead.  Sadly, because courts often hold the manufacturer responsible, these companies have to anticipate every conceivable misuse of their product and issue warnings against them.  It's why my blow dryer has a warning not to dry my hair while sitting in a bathtub filled with water -- because someone did, was electrocuted and his estate collected big time from the manufacturer. 

Here's one of my favorite examples of manufacturers preempting lawsuits:  You know those cardboard shields used to cover a windshield to keep a car cooler?  Years ago there was one that had printed on the side facing the car .... "Do Not Drive With Shield In Place".

Seriously.   :laugh:

@Applewood

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Do you honestly think that the WH physician who is responsible for the health of the President of the United States of America is going to give it to him if he thought that it was too risky??  Unless you don't trust the WH physician, then that's a whole other ballgame.

I believe honesty is the best policy.  What I believe is what Trump said.  His Dr. didn't recommend it, but gave it to him because he wanted it.  His White House physician I am sure does know if he has any other conditions that would make it unsafe.  But he didn't think Trump needed it.  Trump asked for it.

Lots of people with Rheumatoid arthritis take it.  People with Lupus take it.  But even you have said before that there are risks, and there are.  And even if it is helpful there has been no plans for widespread public use to avoid getting COVID.  In fact there are mixed opinions from Physicians on use and effectiveness of the drug.  Some say good, others say bad.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:27:29 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I believe honesty is the best policy.  What I believe is what Trump said.  His Dr. didn't recommend it, but gave it to him because he wanted it.  His White House physician I am sure does know if he has any other conditions that would make it unsafe.  But he didn't think Trump needed it.  Trump asked for it.

No doctor, especially the President's, dispenses medication simply because the patient asked for it.   POTUS would never have received the drugs if the doctor had evidence it would do him harm.

By the way, the doctor's first responsibility is to know the complete medical history of the President---  and he has been tailoring the President's annual examinations and monitoring results from labs/scans/x-rays for four years.  So the assertion you're "sure the doctor doesn't know of conditions the President may have" is pure ignorance..

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:39:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

Lots of people with Rheumatoid arthritis take it.  People with Lupus take it.  But even you have said before that there are risks, and there are.  And even if it is helpful there has been no plans for widespread public use to avoid getting COVID.  In fact there are mixed opinions from Physicians on use and effectiveness of the drug.  Some say good, others say bad.

The risks that I have stated are from personal experience; as a heart patient I know that the Zpack can affect heart rhythm and that is normally given with the hydroxy/zinc combo. I've never taken the hydroxy/zinc combo -- the Zpack I have taken and I was only given 3 days and I tolerated it -- normally it is given much longer. 

Again, I don't think Trump's doctor is going to give him the med if he felt it was too risky for him.  Many medications are prescribed other than what they are intended for.  That is nothing new and up to the doctor.  There is a difference of a doctor recommending a med and prescribing a med that a patient asks for. IOW ... my doctor might not come out and say, I think you should take xyz, but if I ask him to prescribe something, he can say either yes or no, in this case, from what I've read that doctor felt that the benefits outweighed the risks and so he prescribed it.  In Trump saying the doctor didn't come out and recommend it, relieves the doctor of responsibility. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:54:48 am by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

No doctor, especially the President's, dispenses medication simply because the patient asked for it.   POTUS would never have received the drugs if the doctor had evidence it would do him harm.

By the way, the doctor's first responsibility is to know the complete medical history of the President---  and he has been tailoring the President's annual examinations and monitoring results from labs/scans/x-rays for four years.  So the assertion you're "sure the doctor doesn't know of conditions the President may have" is pure ignorance..

Nice move.  Try to change what I said.  No, I said the physician did know.  Go back and look.  I said the same thing you just said.  The only difference is that the Dr. did not recommend it.  Trump said he didn't himself.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Pelosi, are all freaking out about Trump taking hydroxychloroquine and everyone is asking Why? If Trump is taking something dangerous to his health one would think the Liberals would be cheering. That should be exactly what they want.

But just the opposite is happening. They are condemning him (and his doctor) for doing something that they should want him to do. If I found out that Pelosi was addicted to Fen-Phen, the very last thing I would do is to tell her to stop. I would tell her to take the whole box, because it is good for her.

So now suddenly out of nowhere, all Liberals are head-exploding concerned about President Trump's health! He shouldn't be taking those pills. They are so bad for him! Yea right.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Well, the last person on earth I would seek medical advice from is cavuto....

Offline libertybele

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Pelosi, are all freaking out about Trump taking hydroxychloroquine and everyone is asking Why? If Trump is taking something dangerous to his health one would think the Liberals would be cheering. That should be exactly what they want.

But just the opposite is happening. They are condemning him (and his doctor) for doing something that they should want him to do. If I found out that Pelosi was addicted to Fen-Phen, the very last thing I would do is to tell her to stop. I would tell her to take the whole box, because it is good for her.

So now suddenly out of nowhere, all Liberals are head-exploding concerned about President Trump's health! He shouldn't be taking those pills. They are so bad for him! Yea right. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Well, that tells me is that they know no one else can lead this country like he can; only problem is they want that power.

Donald J. Trump could discover the cure for the virus itself and they would still find fault with him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So your saying that even outside a hospital setting people should take this to make sure they don't get the virus?

It’s got a decades long record of being safe to treat everything from Malaria to Lupus to Rheumatoid Arthritis. 

It’s so safe it’s even available in generic form.

Yes it’s safe to take outside of a deathbed hospital setting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

It’s got a decades long record of being safe to treat everything from Malaria to Lupus to Rheumatoid Arthritis. 

I read that health professionals are taking it in Tampa on an eight week study.  Why would people take this if they don't have the virus or aren't even in close contact like the health care workers?  They don't even know if it works to keep people from getting it.

The thing about this is that from the presidents own family who are saying we should open and COVID is inflated for liberal agenda.  If you thought it was serious enough that people would need to take a drug even when they weren't sick why would you advocate 50,0000 people in a stadium?

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

:thumbsup:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline dancer

In Africa & South America, you can buy it over the counter.  Children take it. 
SMH

Offline montanajoe

I don't take any drug unless there is an absolute need  for it... :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Here we go again.  Every nut is going to go against his own dr. advice and try to use the drug to ward off a virus they don't even have.  Because they wait on every word from president Trump.
Cavuto is being misinformed.
If this is so dangerous and ineffective, why aren't more leftists doing their happy dance?

Here's a link to the VA study.
Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

Something all these patients have in common is that NONE was administered the Zinc supplement.

The outcomes were, predictably, bad, since the purpose of the hydroxychloroquine is to serve as an ionophore to transport the zinc into the cytoplasm of the Type 1 pneumocytes to prevent viral replication and the destruction of those cells. Without the zinc, there are transport mechanisms present, but nothing to thwart the viral damage.

The POTUS is getting the zinc supplement, also.

I know someone who has taken hydroxychloroquine for a different condition for seven years, without damage, but who gets frequent eye exams to ensure there is no vision loss. The drug has proven safe for that person.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/05/18/Global-trial-to-assess-chloroquine-against-COVID-19-in-health-workers/8631589812638/
Since there are no indications of zinc supplements being administered, this is doomed to be another failure to be touted. Where is the Zinc???
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cavuto is being misinformed.
If this is so dangerous and ineffective, why aren't more leftists doing their happy dance?

Here's a link to the VA study.
Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

Something all these patients have in common is that NONE was administered the Zinc supplement.

The outcomes were, predictably, bad, since the purpose of the hydroxychloroquine is to serve as an ionophore to transport the zinc into the cytoplasm of the Type 1 pneumocytes to prevent viral replication and the destruction of those cells. Without the zinc, there are transport mechanisms present, but nothing to thwart the viral damage.

The POTUS is getting the zinc supplement, also.

I know someone who has taken hydroxychloroquine for a different condition for seven years, without damage, but who gets frequent eye exams to ensure there is no vision loss. The drug has proven safe for that person.

That VA study that Cavuto is relying on is seriously flawed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I take several medications on the advice of my doctor and can't see why that is the business of anyone other than myself and my doctor.  The same is true for every other person including the president. If I choose to tell you, as the president did,  that is my choice.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And THAT is the exact problem!  No money for Bill Gates and associates in that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Dr. Mark Siegel on Tucker Carlson reviewed the current clinical trials and the long history of hydroxychloroquine‘s use in preventing malaria and in treating rheumatological diseases.

He also presented a unique perspective he had on the drug. He said that he credited the drug with saving his father’s life, who he said was desperately ill with the corona virus and wasn’t responding to hospital treatment until he tried hydroxychloroquine.

He also condemned those who use the hydroxychloroquine issue as a political weapon to bludgeon president Trump, who is now taking the drug in consultation with, and the approval of, his physician as a preventative to lessen the disease’s impact should the president contract the virus.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:38:20 pm by aligncare »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
True also.  Thing is, as I said before, this drug has side effects, some potentially severe, plus contraindications and interactions.  Not everyone should take this drug.  And these poor doctors are going to hear a lot of complaints when they tell some patients the drug is not good for them.

I'm seeing that some people are asking and petitioning Trump to sign an EO that would make hydroxychloroquine and Z-pack (Azithromycin) available OTC (without a doctor’s prescription) and that this would make social distancing and masks unnecessary as if taken as a prophylactic, they believe it makes them immune. Not to mention that taking an anti-biotic absent a laboratory confirmed bacterial infection, is a very bad idea.  **nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause