Author Topic: Fox News's Cavuto warns of deadly hydroxychloroquine dangers after Trump says he's taking it  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Fox News's Cavuto warns of deadly hydroxychloroquine dangers after Trump says he's taking it
By Justine Coleman - 05/18/20 06:17 PM EDT

Fox News's Neil Cavuto warned that people must be careful with hydroxychloroquine, saying immediately after President Trump said that he had been taking the drug for more than a week that it could kill people who have certain underlying health conditions.

Cavuto offered the warning immediately after coverage of the president's surprise remarks ended, stating of Trump's comments, "That was stunning."
Trump said he had decided to take the drug to ward off the coronavirus based on positive reviews he's heard from front-line health care workers who have had good results treating patients with it.

But Cavuto warned that a number of studies suggest it could be dangerous for people to take hydroxychloroquine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/498400-fox-news-cavuto-warns-hydroxychloroquine-will-kill-you-after-trump-announces

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/trump-says-hes-taking-malaria-drug-to-protect-against-virus/ar-BB14gGDF?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:12:10 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Here we go again.  Every nut is going to go against his own dr. advice and try to use the drug to ward off a virus they don't even have.  Because they wait on every word from president Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cavuto is just wrong for saying this. It's reckless and it's false information.  Especially for as long as the drug has been out.  It's not like we're testing unproven Anthrax vaccines on unknowing soldiers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

Cavuto is just wrong for saying this. It's reckless and it's false information.  Especially for as long as the drug has been out.  It's not like we're testing unproven Anthrax vaccines on unknowing soldiers.

So your saying that even outside a hospital setting people should take this to make sure they don't get the virus?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So your saying that even outside a hospital setting people should take this to make sure they don't get the virus?

Actually, the President's  DOCTOR  is saying hydroxychloroquine + Zinc is an effective prophylactic against COVID-19.  And given the President's increased risk, the drug combination is necessary.

If you have a problem with this decision --- take it up with the doc.

QFT

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

The president says he is taking this drug with zinc as recommended by his doctor, and I would hope his doctor discussed with him the potential risks, any drug interactions and any contraindications.  However, the problem comes in when people hear Trump is taking the drug, so they get a hold of some themselves, perhaps without consulting their physician, and take it (perhaps too much of it) and develop side effects or other problems and maybe even die.  I believe there was a couple not long ago who took the drug -- the man died and his wife was seriously ill.

No one should take any drug -- prescription or nonprescription -- without being aware of any severe adverse consequences of doing so and they should take it according to doctor or package directions.

I think this is what Cavuto was talking about.  He's trying to prevent another tragedy like what happened to the couple mentioned above.

Offline skeeter

@Right_in_Virginia

The president says he is taking this drug with zinc as recommended by his doctor, and I would hope his doctor discussed with him the potential risks, any drug interactions and any contraindications.  However, the problem comes in when people hear Trump is taking the drug, so they get a hold of some themselves, perhaps without consulting their physician, and take it (perhaps too much of it) and develop side effects or other problems and maybe even die.  I believe there was a couple not long ago who took the drug -- the man died and his wife was seriously ill.

No one should take any drug -- prescription or nonprescription -- without being aware of any severe adverse consequences of doing so and they should take it according to doctor or package directions.

I think this is what Cavuto was talking about.  He's trying to prevent another tragedy like what happened to the couple mentioned above.
Wasn’t this the wife currently under investigation for murdering her husband by giving him fish tank cleaner and trying to pass it off as them following Trump’s advise?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:58:16 am by skeeter »

Offline Mesaclone

@Right_in_Virginia

The couple you are referring to ate fish tank cleaner, not Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc. You can’t stop idiots from being idiots...and any treatment drug should be taken ONLY under the supervision of a doctor... if someone does otherwise that is not the President’s burden to bear. Sometimes Darwinism has to run its course and the stupid take actions that hurt themselves. Blaming others for that kind of stupidity is deeply unfair.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

The couple you are referring to ate fish tank cleaner, not Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc. You can’t stop idiots from being idiots...and any treatment drug should be taken ONLY under the supervision of a doctor... if someone does otherwise that is not the President’s burden to bear. Sometimes Darwinism has to run its course and the stupid take actions that hurt themselves. Blaming others for that kind of stupidity is deeply unfair.

I wasn't blaming Trump at all.  But see -- Trump is larger than life, plus he is now the president and as such,  what he says and does has considerable influence over many people.  People see and hear he is taking Hydroxychloroquine, so they will do the same -- only they likely won't be doing so under a doctor's supervision.  A responsible president would say something like, this is what I'm doing, but you should talk to your doctor and follow his or her advice.  Since Trump is not doing that, I'm guessing Cavuto thought he should say something instead.

Offline Applewood

Wasn’t this the wife currently under investigation for murdering her husband by giving him fish tank cleaner and trying to pass it off as them following Trump’s advise?

I don't know.  The story I'm thinking of said both husband and wife consumed the fish tank cleaner. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Actually, the President's  DOCTOR  is saying hydroxychloroquine + Zinc is an effective prophylactic against COVID-19.  And given the President's increased risk, the drug combination is necessary.

If you have a problem with this decision --- take it up with the doc.

No the White House physician did not recommend he take it.  He allowed Trump to take it because he wanted to.  From Trumps own lips.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+taking+hydroxychloroquine&&view=detail&mid=ED7EF6F56158386DDD27ED7EF6F56158386DDD27&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dtrump%2520taking%2520hydroxychloroquine%26qs%3DFT%26form%3DQBVR%26sp%3D1%26ghc%3D1%26pq%3Dtrump%2520taking%2520%26sc%3D8-13%26cvid%3D699AD80B889845459766A82A351ACC6D

Offline Chosen Daughter

I wasn't blaming Trump at all.  But see -- Trump is larger than life, plus he is now the president and as such,  what he says and does has considerable influence over many people.  People see and hear he is taking Hydroxychloroquine, so they will do the same -- only they likely won't be doing so under a doctor's supervision.  A responsible president would say something like, this is what I'm doing, but you should talk to your doctor and follow his or her advice.  Since Trump is not doing that, I'm guessing Cavuto thought he should say something instead.

Going to waste health professionals time on people who aren't even sick.  Going to cause shortage of a medication that people with arthritis and Lupus use and will not be able to get.  People will be flooding the clinics and Dr. Offices to get the drug and they don't even have it.  Aren't even sick.

Yup.  They never seem able to remember the little murder thing. 

@skeeter

I don't know.  The story I'm thinking of said both husband and wife consumed the fish tank cleaner.

The wife is being investigated for murdering her husband with that little cocktail @Applewood   

Yes ... this is the one, same story.  She lived, he died.  The police are treating his death as a murder and are investigating her as the perp. @Applewood

She used the President's support of hydroxyl... as cover.  And if not for the investigative reporters at the Washington Free Beacon, her cover would have worked and she would have been canonized a living saint by CNN.

Offline Applewood

The wife is being investigated for murdering her husband with that little cocktail @Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

Ok.  But it looks like the Daily News is saying otherwise:

Arizona cops deny investigating death of man who drank fish tank cleaner as homicide

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-no-homicide-death-man-ingested-chloroquine-20200429-3xktpqchlrhgrhfh7rgt5kcjk4-story.html

So I don't know what's happening here.

Breaking911
@Breaking911

Fox News' Cavuto warns audience after Trump reveals he's taking hydroxychloroquine:

"If you are in a risky population here, and you are taking this as a preventative treatment [...] it will kill you. I cannot stress this enough. This will kill you."

VIDEO at link: 

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1262486050133475330

4:51 PM · May 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

Offline libertybele

Gee ... looks like Dr. Cavuto has spoken. He needs to quit his news reporting talking gig and go to the front lines and start treating COVID patients.

Offline Applewood

Going to waste health professionals time on people who aren't even sick.  Going to cause shortage of a medication that people with arthritis and Lupus use and will not be able to get.  People will be flooding the clinics and Dr. Offices to get the drug and they don't even have it.  Aren't even sick.

True also.  Thing is, as I said before, this drug has side effects, some potentially severe, plus contraindications and interactions.  Not everyone should take this drug.  And these poor doctors are going to hear a lot of complaints when they tell some patients the drug is not good for them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

True also.  Thing is, as I said before, this drug has side effects, some potentially severe, plus contraindications and interactions.  Not everyone should take this drug.  And these poor doctors are going to hear a lot of complaints when they tell some patients the drug is not good for them.

Yep, it can only hinder the work of health professionals.  Put people at risk for other health issues.  They will go to whatever Dr. will give it to them.  The White House physician did not recommend it to Trump.  He wanted it and the Dr. gave it to him.

Well, that report is confusing @Applewood   All I know is what they drank had nothing to do with the President.  They were probably two lovely crazies who belonged in a secured facility with 24 hour care. -  happy77

Gee ... looks like Dr. Cavuto has spoken. He needs to quit his news reporting talking gig and go to the front lines and start treating COVID patients.

I wonder if Cavuto will be forced to walk back the "this will kill you" during tomorrow's show.   :pondering:

Offline Chosen Daughter

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dr.+shiva+ayyadurai+covid-19&&view=detail&mid=426B07E7C84E755EA756426B07E7C84E755EA756&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Ddr.%2Bshiva%2Bayyadurai%2Bcovid-19%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Perhaps Trump still has Fauci and Birx is because it is about big Pharma.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:59:58 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

Yep, it can only hinder the work of health professionals.  Put people at risk for other health issues.  They will go to whatever Dr. will give it to them.  The White House physician did not recommend it to Trump.  He wanted it and the Dr. gave it to him.

Do you honestly think that the WH physician who is responsible for the health of the President of the United States of America is going to give it to him if he thought that it was too risky??  Unless you don't trust the WH physician, then that's a whole other ballgame.