Author Topic: Nurses give inside look at ‘nightmare’ NYC-run adult-care center  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Nurses give inside look at ‘nightmare’ NYC-run adult-care center

By Georgett Roberts, Carl Campanile and Kate Sheehy

May 17, 2020 | 7:28pm

Out-of-state nurses brought to Manhattan to fight the coronavirus say they found hellish conditions at the city-run adult-care center on Roosevelt Island — from patients with horrific bed sores to feces-smeared walls.

“It was just heartbreaking,” said one of the RNs, a mom of four from Wisconsin who spent about 17 days at the Coler Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center.

“Patients were in deplorable conditions — very, very dirty, bed sores, terrible odors,’’ the FEMA-contracted nurse, 38, told The Post.

“During my shift, I was placing my initials on the adult diapers. When I would return the next day, the patients would have an additional adult diaper on over the one with my initials on it, saturated urine through both and through the sheets.’’

She and several other nurses, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said they tended to coronavirus patients in the facility’s long-term-care section.

more
https://nypost.com/2020/05/17/nurses-give-inside-look-at-nightmare-nyc-run-adult-care-center/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34