Author Topic: Newsom orders vote-by-mail in California for November election  (Read 760 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newsom orders vote-by-mail in California for November election
By Tal Axelrod - 05/08/20 04:42 PM EDT

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) announced Friday he has signed an executive order that requires county officials to send vote-by-mail ballots to every registered voter in the state.

Newsom said California will work with people with disabilities, those experiencing homelessness and voters who do not speak English to ensure that in-person voting is still accessible to those who need it. But he said the access to mail-in voting would ensure that Californians would be able to cast ballots safely during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Elections and the right to vote are foundational to our democracy,” he said in a statement. “No Californian should be forced to risk their health in order to exercise their right to vote. Mail-in ballots aren’t a perfect solution for every person, and I look forward to our public health experts and the Secretary of State’s and the Legislature’s continued partnership to create safer in-person opportunities for Californians who aren’t able to vote by mail.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/496865-newsom-orders-vote-by-mail-in-california-for-november-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Newsom orders vote-by-mail in California for November election
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 09:32:26 pm »
Doesn't matter at all.
Democrats have already conquered California anyway.
And with all the 'legalized' voter fraud, Trump had no chance there.
No matter what California does concerning voting has a net value of zero.
Zero change. Makes no difference. California is lost.
They are only barely by a thread still a part of America.
Who needs um?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 10:09:26 pm »
Doesn't matter at all.
Democrats have already conquered California anyway.
And with all the 'legalized' voter fraud, Trump had no chance there.
No matter what California does concerning voting has a net value of zero.
Zero change. Makes no difference. California is lost.
They are only barely by a thread still a part of America.
Who needs um?
But if every blue state did this, with the number of House seats in those states, Pelosi will be queen of DC.  Needs to be stopped or the whole election system will be a mockery.

Mich Gov mentioned it the other day too in a TV interview.  And that has been Cuomo's idea too in NY.  It's got to stop somewhere.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 10:35:16 pm »
But if every blue state did this, with the number of House seats in those states, Pelosi will be queen of DC.  Needs to be stopped or the whole election system will be a mockery.

Mich Gov mentioned it the other day too in a TV interview.  And that has been Cuomo's idea too in NY.  It's got to stop somewhere.
The States that mandate this are likely all Democrat already and would never vote for Trump.
I'm not for it of course, but as long as it goes State by State and not a National mandate, I'm not sure anything will change. The Democrats were always going to win those States anyway. So, who cares?
On the other hand, maybe all the discouraged Republicans in the States will vote now. So who knows?
The biggest issue of all is, who is going to count the votes. With vote by mail, the group counting the votes can say or do anything they want to. To ensure a fair count, there would have to be bipartisan Federal oversight.

Democrats are proud liars and cheaters. They do not deny it. Their motto is, 'Whatever it takes.' If the counting is under the control of Democrats, then the whole process is a joke. They will never admit any Republican won anything no matter what the actual numbers are. They don't care about that. They have no honor. They have no soul.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 10:53:09 pm »
The headline is inaccurate.  If Newsom had ordered the polls to be closed to in-person voting, and all votes would be cast by mail, then the headline would be correct.  But that's not what he did.  That said, this action will lead to more voting fraud, which is de rigueur for California.  Par for the course, as it were.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 11:11:49 pm »
The States that mandate this are likely all Democrat already and would never vote for Trump.
I'm not for it of course, but as long as it goes State by State and not a National mandate, I'm not sure anything will change. The Democrats were always going to win those States anyway. So, who cares?
On the other hand, maybe all the discouraged Republicans in the States will vote now. So who knows?
The biggest issue of all is, who is going to count the votes. With vote by mail, the group counting the votes can say or do anything they want to. To ensure a fair count, there would have to be bipartisan Federal oversight.

Democrats are proud liars and cheaters. They do not deny it. Their motto is, 'Whatever it takes.' If the counting is under the control of Democrats, then the whole process is a joke. They will never admit any Republican won anything no matter what the actual numbers are. They don't care about that. They have no honor. They have no soul.
States are like kids, if one has it, they all want it. Look at emissions controls.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 03:44:24 pm »

There are lots of congressional seats that are red in those blue states.

The poster was conveying that those red seats will surely go blue if this vote by mail is in all blue states.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 10:43:19 pm »

I reside in a state that has gone back and forth in Governor races. It went for Trump in 2016 with a GOP Gov, then a D witch in 2018.  Both Sen's are Ds but split in House seats.  Mine luckily is an R, but not running this Nov.

So just because its currently a Blue state, not giving up hope after these rediculous lockups, that some, not all people will come to their senses.  But even the hardest-hit places of Mich, are deep blue areas, include that wacko Rashida Thlaib.  80% D and they will reelect her.  She hasn't said one peep about their plight.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 11:00:40 pm »
I reside in a state that has gone back and forth in Governor races. It went for Trump in 2016 with a GOP Gov, then a D witch in 2018.  Both Sen's are Ds but split in House seats.  Mine luckily is an R, but not running this Nov.

So just because its currently a Blue state, not giving up hope after these rediculous lockups, that some, not all people will come to their senses.  But even the hardest-hit places of Mich, are deep blue areas, include that wacko Rashida Thlaib.  80% D and they will reelect her.  She hasn't said one peep about their plight.

Her face is far too ugly to know what she thinks, until she speaks.  Then she's ugly to the core.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 11:36:45 am »
Everyone will receive a mail-in ballot, but California's will also have, where appropriate, physical location voting.  This double voting matters in popular vote totals vs. electoral college and in congressional district votes.  Double democrat voting is in play in Congressional district 25's special election where Republican candidate Mike Garcia has a shot.  More:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,401294.0.html

Newsom signs executive order declaring California a vote-by-mail state
CBS, Updated May 9, 2020

California Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday signed an executive order to ensure every registered voter in the state is automatically mailed a ballot for the November presidential election. The executive order does not replace in-person voting, Newsom said during a press conference.

"Mail-in ballot is important but it's not an exclusive substitute to physical locations," Newsom said. He added that the state is still working to have "the appropriate number of physical sites for people to vote as well."

Secretary of State Alex Padilla, who's been pushing to expand vote by mail, called into Newsom's press conference and said the executive order makes California the first state in the nation to automatically send voters their ballots ahead of the general election in response to the coronavirus.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/newsom-signs-executive-order-declaring-california-a-vote-by-mail-state-2020-05-08/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 10:49:18 pm »
Vote Early, Vote often...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis