Author Topic: In four US state prisons, some 3,300 inmates test positive for coronavirus -- 96% without symptoms  (Read 907 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Press TV 4/25/2020

In four US state prisons, some 3,300 inmates test positive for coronavirus -- 96% without symptoms

When the first cases of the new coronavirus surfaced in Ohio’s prisons, the director in charge felt like she was fighting a ghost.

“We weren’t always able to pinpoint where all the cases were coming from,” said Annette Chambers-Smith, director of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. As the virus spread, they began mass testing.

They started with the Marion Correctional Institution, which houses 2,500 prisoners in north central Ohio, many of them older with pre-existing health conditions. After testing 2,300 inmates for the coronavirus, they were shocked. Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms.

“It was very surprising,” said Chambers-Smith, who oversees the state’s 28 correctional facilities.

As mass coronavirus testing expands in prisons, large numbers of inmates are showing no symptoms. In four state prison systems — Arkansas, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia — 96% of 3,277 inmates who tested positive for the coronavirus were asymptomatic, according to interviews with officials and records reviewed by Reuters. That’s out of 4,693 tests that included results on symptoms.

More" https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/04/25/623913/US-state-prisons-inmates-coronavirus-pandemic-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Still working on the denominator...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

Unfortunately though most of the prisoners have shown no symptoms, we’ve lost correctional officers.

Chambers- Smith has done a remarkable job in separating the prisoners and guards into cohorts so that there’s minimal co-mingling with other groups.

They’re also only serving two meals (brunch) and allowing prisoners to take food to their cells to reduce social contact.

So for a very messy situation, she is handling it well.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LegalAmerican

Time for Dr. Kaufman video. He explains it.   FOUND IT.  Exosomes

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 03:58:15 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, there is some really sloppy science going on which simply does not support the conclusions being presented as fact. Thank you for posting that. I have been able to locate full text of a couple of papers mentioned (others limited so far in my search to summaries or conclusions, which I have found in the past may not be supported by the research presented, but which are used in support of the title, and without reading deeper into methodology and examining the data cannot be verified. (you need the full paper to decide).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis