Author Topic: Calls to poison control centers spike after Trump disinfectant comments  (Read 694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Calls to poison control centers spike after Trump disinfectant comments
By Aris Folley - 04/26/20 05:32 PM EDT

Poison control centers in a number of states have reported a rise in calls about exposure to household cleaners since President Trump made remarks suggesting that disinfectants should be looked into as a possible treatment for the coronavirus.

New York City's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene confirmed to NPR that the poison control center saw a rise in calls specifically pertaining to exposure to household cleaners within 18 hours of Trump’s remarks on Thursday.

Pedro F. Frisneda, a spokesperson for the office, told the outlet that the center had received nine cases during that window that were “specifically about exposure to Lysol, 10 cases specifically about bleach and 11 cases about exposures to other household cleaners.”

The cases are more than double the amount the center received during the same period last year, according to NPR.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/494744-poison-control-centers-report-increase-in-calls-pertaining-to-exposure-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
For one thing I do not believe this..a made up story.....and if it is true and the people doing this are soooooo stupid they deserve whatever happens to them..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Media Blame Trump For Increased Poison Control Calls That Started Two Months Ago
April 26, 2020 By Chrissy Clark

On Friday, reporters claimed President Trump suggested Americans inject themselves with disinfectant. Shortly after, corporate media began reporting an increase in poison control center calls about bleach and other household cleaners. The only problem? The increase in calls started nearly two months before Trump’s comments.

Mainstream outlets, such as the New York Daily News, blamed the uptick in calls to the New York City Poison Control Center on President Trump’s comments about disinfectants.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/26/media-blame-trump-for-increased-poison-control-calls-that-started-two-months-ago/
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

Good instincts:

https://reason.com/2020/04/25/no-poison-control-calls-arent-suddenly-spiking-after-trumps-disinfectant-comments/

No, Poison Control Calls Aren't Suddenly Spiking After Trump's Disinfectant Comments
ELIZABETH NOLAN BROWN | 4.25.2020 9:15 AM
One article making the rounds, from the New York Daily News, is headlined "A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump's controversial coronavirus comments." But the article makes no mention of anyone deliberately consuming household cleaners. It simply states that 30 people called the city's poison control hotline "over fears that they had ingested bleach or other household cleaners."

Fearing that you ingested something doesn't jibe with having intentionally consumed that substance.

The authors of the Daily News piece, Anna Sanders and Chris Sommerfeldt, try to circumvent this inconvenient fact by noting that over the same time period in 2019, the Poison Control Center "only handled 13 similar cases." And while this time, nine calls were about possible Lysol exposure and ten about bleach, last year's calls contained "no cases reported about Lysol exposure and only two were specifically in regards to bleach."
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I've called them three times after the drinks my wife gave me tasted funny.   0005  I ain't gonna be this guy... https://www.the-sun.com/news/735039/arizona-engineer-dead-fish-tank-cleaner-coronavirus-cure/  /sarc

Online libertybele

I declare b.s.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, because prank-calling the poison control hotline is SO difficult. Especially if you have a political axe to grind. /sarc

Inasmuch as there is any "spike," realize with more people at home that means more opportunities to have, er, "accidents" with household chemicals.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

Yes, because prank-calling the poison control hotline is SO difficult. Especially if you have a political axe to grind. /sarc

Inasmuch as there is any "spike," realize with more people at home that means more opportunities to have, er, "accidents" with household chemicals.

Good thinking ... the ole prank phone calls ... not like teens and others aren't bored.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good thinking ... the ole prank phone calls ... not like teens and others aren't bored.
Is your refrigerator running?

Better go catch it!

It dawns on me that millions of people who only spent a few grunting minutes together in passing in the average day are spending a lot more time in the same house. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I imagine people are so paranoid they have jugs of bleach and Lysol all over the house.  The calls might have been about cleaning a babies pacifier with bleach or a child getting a hold of bleach or Lysol left on the counter. Fake news for sure.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

rangerrebew

Re: Calls to poison control centers spike after Trump disinfectant comments
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 01:07:23 pm »
Calls are up but did not spike.  They have been up since March.  I just posted another article on the situation.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »
I declare b.s.

Same here. The pungent nature of bleach would preclude any sane person from ingesting or injecting.  Anyone who does is probably a Dawin Award candidate anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:21:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 05:28:22 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 05:30:11 pm »
For one thing I do not believe this..a made up story.....and if it is true and the people doing this are soooooo stupid they deserve whatever happens to them..

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 05:31:26 pm »
Same here. The pungent nature of bleach would preclude any sane person from ingesting or injecting.  Anyone who does is probably a Dawin Award candidate anyway.

...and then there's the stupid person that bathed in it; only exemplifying the fact that liberals are just plain stupid.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 11:37:25 pm »
...and then there's the stupid person that bathed in it; only exemplifying the fact that liberals are just plain stupid.
I guess she just put it in the bathwater, but overdoing that might lead to a bit of scaliness.  :whistle:

(Oh, those tender bits...) :terror:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis