Author Topic: Bloomberg moves past presidential defeat with virus crusade  (Read 451 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bloomberg moves past presidential defeat with virus crusade
« on: April 25, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »

NEW YORK (AP) — Nearly two months after an embarrassing end to his presidential campaign, Mike Bloomberg is again deploying his massive personal fortune – this time to combat the coronavirus.

The billionaire former New York City mayor is spending tens of millions of dollars to bolster social services, feed first responders and help local officials trace the spread of the coronavirus in the city that has become the epicenter of the pandemic in the United States.

The effort is in line with Bloomberg’s long-standing interest in scientific research and public health. But it’s also an opportunity for him to rebuild an image that was badly damaged earlier this year by accusations from some Democrats that he was trying to buy the White House. He spent more than $1 billion on a campaign that ultimately resulted in just one primary victory, in American Samoa.

Allies say the coronavirus plays to Bloomberg’s strengths

https://apnews.com/5a838e342623528c49583630aa49a1f3
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Bloomberg moves past presidential defeat with virus crusade
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:02:35 am »
He knows the City, was Mayor, and likely knows who to call to get what done. I hope he does well at helping people out.

I still don't want him for President.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 10:32:18 am »
How much did this idiot spend trying to buy the presidency?

Offline mortarman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:55:43 am »
 :seeya:
How much did this idiot spend trying to buy the presidency?

1/2 a billion dollars, which other than what little entertainment value it provided was a total waste of money. The only ones who profited were the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda an' the political ad meisters.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.