Author Topic: US records lowest coronavirus-related deaths in 2 weeks  (Read 1454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US records lowest coronavirus-related deaths in 2 weeks
« on: April 21, 2020, 04:15:48 pm »
US records lowest coronavirus-related deaths in 2 weeks

By Alexandria Hein | Fox News

Monday marked the lowest number of coronavirus-related fatalities in the U.S. in two weeks, just days after the number of deaths had spiked to 4,591 in a single day. According to Johns Hopkins University, the U.S. lost 1,433 people to coronavirus on April 20, adding to the overall death toll of 42,364.

According to the data, nearly 93 percent of all U.S. deaths from the pandemic have occurred in the past three weeks, 44 percent of which have occurred over the last seven days. But after several sharp spikes last week, the number seems to be slowing, with the data reflecting an average of 600 less deaths than previous days.

The news comes as several states begin cautiously plotting out plans to slowly reopen businesses as early as the end of this week. Georgia, which as of Tuesday had 19,398 cases and at least 774 deaths, will reopen gyms, hair salons and other businesses beginning on Friday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-records-lowest-coronavirus-related-deaths-in-2-weeks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: US records lowest coronavirus-related deaths in 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:34:16 pm »
The trend is clearly downward at this point.

I'm noticing New York's new case totals are less than half of what they were at their peak, from nearly 11,000 a day down to around 4,500... and though the testing backlog is probably caught up at that point, new cases are probably still at least 1-2 weeks behind the actual infection, meaning we could be well on our way to extirpation in a LOT of places by early May. IF this holds.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:35:56 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:38:01 pm »
We're still going up in Virginia .. both new cases and deaths.... all coming from inside the beltway (closest to DC).

We "started" later than most states, if this matters. 

Our jackass governor will probably have us in lockdown until January.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:44:45 pm »
There is going to be a big uptick in deaths reported today by four Democrat states which they will use to refute this story.  Will report on this once numbers are finalized at 0 GMT.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 10:35:55 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"The trend is clearly downward at this point."

NOT SO here next door to New York in Connecticut.
Look at my spreadsheet which I update daily, posted below.

Yesterday (April 20) had the highest number of deaths of any day since the epidemic began.

Highest number of new infections, as well -- WAY over that of any previous day.

Look at the increase of infections in Fairfield County -- DOUBLE that of any previous day. (I can't update the county info until it's posted late in the evening)

The virus IS NOT "in decline" here.
Not yet.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:36:51 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 10:43:23 pm »
Cases and deaths are still rising in FL.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:44:59 pm »
Yesterday (April 20) had the highest number of deaths of any day since the epidemic began.

Highest number of new infections, as well -- WAY over that of any previous day.

@Fishrrman

It is a weekend lag.  Connecticut had low numbers Saturday and Sunday.  Monday made up for it.  Go back and check your numbers.  Take Friday, multiply it by 3, and see if it comes close to the sum of Sat-Mon.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 01:11:50 am »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

2.8K dead today.  it's not slowing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 01:15:13 am »

Today was book-cooking day.  Four Democrat states reported new death increases of 100 to 200% over Monday.  The Commonwealth reported ten deaths for Franklin County, Pennsylvania today even though the county coroner says there hasn't been a single coronavirus death there.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 01:44:56 am »
Today was book-cooking day.  Four Democrat states reported new death increases of 100 to 200% over Monday.  The Commonwealth reported ten deaths for Franklin County, Pennsylvania today even though the county coroner says there hasn't been a single coronavirus death there.

I'm giving up a one word hilariously mocking response in the interest of keeping our friendship @Hoodat .  I posted 2.8K dead and you reply with an unsourced accusation of cooked books, and an unsourced discrepancy of 10.  I know you believe it, but can you understand why I find it a weak explaination, and will continue to find it weak if sources like breitbart or gatewaypundit are forthcoming?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 01:48:59 am »
I'm giving up a one word hilariously mocking response in the interest of keeping our friendship @Hoodat .  I posted 2.8K dead and you reply with an unsourced accusation of cooked books, and an unsourced discrepancy of 10.  I know you believe it, but can you understand why I find it a weak explaination, and will continue to find it weak if sources like breitbart or gatewaypundit are forthcoming?
Why not take it from the hospitals themselves?
https://www.facebook.com/WarrenGeneralHospital/photos/a.165836613246/10157302690108247/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 01:56:15 am »

@Once-Ler

StateMonday incr.    Tuesday incr.    % Increase
Illinois 59119102%
New Jersey175376115%
Pennsylvania111266139%
Michigan77232201%

Four hockey sticks in one day.  These four states alone accounted for 66% of today's increase.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 02:17:51 am »

Worldometers seems to be way off. They're reporting over 700 deaths in NY today when the official number was under 500.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 02:49:43 am »
Worldometers seems to be way off. They're reporting over 700 deaths in NY today when the official number was under 500.

When you have 50 states with different methods of reporting there will be discrepancies.  Could they be off today?   :shrug: but there are multiple sources of data.  the CDC's numbers for yesterday match worldometers numbers pretty closely.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
This page is updated daily. Numbers reported on Saturdays and Sundays are preliminary and not yet confirmed by state and territorial health departments. These numbers will be modified when numbers are updated on Mondays.

CDC does not know the exact number of COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths for a variety of reasons. COVID-19 can cause mild illness, symptoms might not appear immediately, there are delays in reporting and testing, not everyone who is infected gets tested or seeks medical care, and there may be differences in how states and territories confirm numbers in their jurisdictions.

Everyone is watching them.  They can't pad the numbers without getting caught eventually.  Both you @jmyrlefuller and @Hoodat could be on to something. but I'll need more than a one day discrepancy to entertain a conspiracy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 02:57:12 am »
When you have 50 states with different methods of reporting there will be discrepancies.  Could they be off today?   :shrug: but there are multiple sources of data.  the CDC's numbers for yesterday match worldometers numbers pretty closely.

Everyone is watching them.  They can't pad the numbers without getting caught eventually.  Both you @jmyrlefuller and @Hoodat could be on to something. but I'll need more than a one day discrepancy to entertain a conspiracy.
Not necessarily a conspiracy per se, but it certainly looks like an error somewhere along the line. Worldometers says they're getting their data from the counties, and there do seem to be some discrepancies especially in the Pennsylvania data.

A lot of times, Worldometers might put cases or deaths on the wrong day and end up revising that data over the next couple of days; they also go by UTC instead of local time in determining start and end of day. I'll wait to see NY's official numbers tomorrow to see if there was indeed a jump last night or if there was a data glitch.

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 02:58:50 am »
Why not take it from the hospitals themselves?
https://www.facebook.com/WarrenGeneralHospital/photos/a.165836613246/10157302690108247/

I don't know what you are trying to show me. 

I see a post from Warren General Hospital that starts...

Today there was a reporting of 2 positive cases and 1 death from Warren County on the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website for COVID. Here is what Warren General Hospital knows at this time.

and ends
To recap:
There are two new COVID instances reported.
They may be the same individual
They were not tested at Warren General Hospital
They were not patients at Warren General Hospital.

Am I to understand Warren General Hospital is the only hospital in Warren County?  What does this tell me @jmyrlefuller ?

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 03:01:49 am »
A lot of times, Worldometers might put cases or deaths on the wrong day and end up revising that data over the next couple of days;

I too have seen worldometer post numbers that they later revised down.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 03:10:47 am »

Worldometers gets its data directly from each state, not from the CDC.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 03:16:59 am »
Worldometers gets its data directly from each state, not from the CDC.

That's what I'm saying.  There are multiple organizations trying to catalogue the data.  Fraud would have to include them all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 03:21:34 am »
Is there someone other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania independently counting Pennsylvania cases and deaths?  Or is everyone relying on Pennsylvania to provide the numbers?

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 03:35:09 am »
Is there someone other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania independently counting Pennsylvania cases and deaths?  Or is everyone relying on Pennsylvania to provide the numbers?
I don't know @Hoodat I think we are all relying on individual states like PA to provide the numbers.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »
I don't know @Hoodat I think we are all relying on individual states like PA to provide the numbers.

So when Pennsylvania fudges its numbers, that would affect all counts, meaning there wouldn't be a discrepancy between CDC and Worldometers.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 03:43:57 pm »
So about that Worldometers figure: they reported 761 deaths in NY yesterday. The official state total was 474. So there appears to be some glitching somewhere along the line.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 03:17:40 am »
Once again, my self-created spreadsheet for the coronavirus in SW Connecticut.

Today we see yet another record-breaking number of new infections.
Look at the statewide level, and then look at the upward jump in Fairfield County (where I am).

This is not a matter of a "rounding up of weekend numbers", as Hoodat tried to point out above.

I should point out that several days ago CVS, in association with Abbot labs, opened up a new free testing center in New Haven (that's over in New Haven county, however). I don't believe a doctor's referral is needed to be tested at this one, just sign up on the web and show up when requested. This is the new "5 minute" test... you get the results before you leave.

That might account for some of the increases.
But the numbers below are what they are.
There is no "leveling off" in Connecticut.
Not yet.

The numbers:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 03:32:36 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 02:49:52 pm »
This is not a matter of a "rounding up of weekend numbers", as Hoodat tried to point out above.

@Fishrrman

My only point was that Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were outliers that needed to be averaged together.  Never did I insinuate that Connecticut wasn't getting hit hard.  It is.

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Jersey are all getting hit hard.  Connecticut now has the third highest death toll per capita (behind New York and New Jersey).  Stamford, Norwalk, and Danbury are showing infection rates of 1.5%.