Author Topic: Pelosi: Lawmakers 'very close' on bipartisan agreement for additional PPP funding  (Read 595 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Lawmakers 'very close' on bipartisan agreement for additional PPP funding
By J. Edward Moreno - 04/18/20 09:05 PM EDT

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Congress is “very close” to a deal on additional funding for the small business Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

"We're close. We have common ground," Pelosi said in an interview with ABC News set to air Sunday on "This Week.”

The PPP included in the $2.2 trillion stimulus package signed into law last month provided $350 billion in funding for loans to aid businesses impacted by the coronavirus if they commit to paying their employees.

Pelosi's comments come as the program's coffers ran dry Thursday and the Senate adjourned without reaching an agreement on the terms of the fourth coronavirus relief package.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/493515-pelosi-lawmakers-very-close-on-bipartisan-agreement-for-additional-ppp-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If there is funding for anything other than PPP, like money for Iran, then Trump should Veto the bill. No more pork and no money for our enemies........period!

Offline dfwgator

In other words, BOHICA.

Offline Idiot

Pelosi: Lawmakers 'very close' on bipartisan agreement for additional PPP funding
By J. Edward Moreno - 04/18/20 09:05 PM EDT

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Congress is “very close” to a deal on additional funding for the small business Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

"We're close. We have common ground," Pelosi said in an interview with ABC News set to air Sunday on "This Week.”

The PPP included in the $2.2 trillion stimulus package signed into law last month provided $350 billion in funding for loans to aid businesses impacted by the coronavirus if they commit to paying their employees.

Pelosi's comments come as the program's coffers ran dry Thursday and the Senate adjourned without reaching an agreement on the terms of the fourth coronavirus relief package.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/493515-pelosi-lawmakers-very-close-on-bipartisan-agreement-for-additional-ppp-funding
Yikes...tell Pelosi to hold it up another day as I haven't finished my paperwork for PPP. happy77

Offline Longiron

Yikes...tell Pelosi to hold it up another day as I haven't finished my paperwork for PPP. happy77

Does not matter. If you are a small business really in need you are at the back of the LINE. Only requirement is 500 employees or less. If you are a 300 person LAW Firm you apply and your bank will approve you because the law form is a bigger customer for the bank than the small business is for that bank. The small business that really need it will never see it nor their employees unless the guidelines are changed. 250 Billion more or 25 Trillion more into the system the small person will still get F88888! :yowsa:

Offline GtHawk

Does not matter. If you are a small business really in need you are at the back of the LINE. Only requirement is 500 employees or less. If you are a 300 person LAW Firm you apply and your bank will approve you because the law form is a bigger customer for the bank than the small business is for that bank. The small business that really need it will never see it nor their employees unless the guidelines are changed. 250 Billion more or 25 Trillion more into the system the small person will still get F88888! :yowsa:
So I guess my wife is SOL being the business owner/sole employee with one unpaid intern, me.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:woohoo:  Harvard and I are getting another check.   :woohoo:

Offline GtHawk

Damn, you don't have to be a   about it! :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You have a quandary.  How do you blame Trump for a corrupt system that existed for years before Donald J. was a gleam in his Daddy's eye?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Damn, you don't have to be a   about it! :tongue2:
I only have 2 modes

and

You have a quandary.  How do you blame Trump for a corrupt system that existed for years before Donald J. was a gleam in his Daddy's eye?
How will I blame the President for the legislation he signs?    :pondering:  oh, that is going to be a tough one. *hmmmm*  Just so I'm clear, we are talking about the corrupt system President Trump was elected to fix, right?  The system only he could fix, he said.

I'm drawing a blank right now.  I'll get back you when I figure it out @Cyber Libety

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How will I blame the President for the legislation he signs?    :pondering:  oh, that is going to be a tough one. *hmmmm*  Just so I'm clear, we are talking about the corrupt system President Trump was elected to fix, right?  The system only he could fix, he said.

I'm drawing a blank right now.  I'll get back you when I figure it out @Cyber Libety

I have complete confidence that you will deliver.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

I have complete confidence that you will deliver.   :beer:
Where there is a will, there is a way.   :beer: