Author Topic: Cuomo calls for creation of national coronavirus 'Heroes Compensation Fund'  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo calls for creation of national coronavirus 'Heroes Compensation Fund'

By Greg Norman | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called on the federal government to set up a “COVID-19 Heroes Compensation Fund” to assist those who have been battling coronavirus on the front lines — similar to what was done after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The fund, he said on Friday, would support health care workers and other essential staff who have contracted the coronavirus themselves and their families.

“After 9/11, Congress created a Victims Compensation Fund. I’ve been working with our congressional delegation — we think the federal government should set up a Heroes Compensation Fund to compensate our health care and other frontline workers for what they did here,” Cuomo said. “Saying 'thanks' is nice, actually providing assistance is even better.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-coronavirus-heroes-compensation-fund

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep, he's bumping Biden.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Go take it out of China's hide, governor.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Go take it out of China's hide, governor.

yep...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
You need to find the money somewhere.

Maybe Mikey B could have put the money he spent running for president on something philanthropic like this.

Would have been a much better use of money.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You need to find the money somewhere.

Maybe Mikey B could have put the money he spent running for president on something philanthropic like this.

Would have been a much better use of money.
Now, that's just because you aren't in the business of making ads and selling airtime that you would say such a thing...(I'm not either, but I don't begrudge people making a living).

Seriously, I agree with you about how much good could have been done with the money, (as he could, even now--he has more), but the folks in the ad industry might take umbrage.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis