Author Topic: Military  (Read 556 times)

Offline Gemmarose

Military
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:53:01 am »
Do not know where to put this but had questions about the military for my other half?
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 06:18:58 pm »
Do not know where to put this but had questions about the military for my other half?
@Gemmarose

And what were the questions?

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:05:44 pm »
@Gemmarose

And what were the questions?

We were having a debate if every service has a way to thank a lower enlisted person for their service. I remember from years ago my father had some from his time in service. He called them coin checks
The next was what is the order for toasts at a Military Ball?

Thank you

Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 11:54:53 pm »
We were having a debate if every service has a way to thank a lower enlisted person for their service. I remember from years ago my father had some from his time in service. He called them coin checks

Thank you

The only thanks I got was my Chief gave me pint of Weller the day I got out.

I've never been to one of them ther Military Balls. Can't help you on that one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 12:08:57 am »
@txradioguy

Paging my Sarge friend.  He's a lifer, ready to retire to his Old Kentucky Home.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 12:15:56 am »
The only thanks I got was my Chief gave me pint of Weller the day I got out.

I've never been to one of them ther Military Balls. Can't help you on that one.

I appreciate your input thank you
-Winston Churchill

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:16:33 am »
@txradioguy

Paging my Sarge friend.  He's a lifer, ready to retire to his Old Kentucky Home.....

That would be great thank you
-Winston Churchill

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 12:17:59 am »

Thank you

Are you thinking of "Challenge Coins"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-challenge-coins-3354113
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:28:09 am »
@txradioguy

Walks in...stands at attention and salutes...”SFC TxRadioGuy reporting as ordered.”
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:31:59 am »
Are you thinking of "Challenge Coins"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-challenge-coins-3354113

Yes and thank you I just got a ribeye dinner now courtesy of my wonderful husband 
-Winston Churchill

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 12:32:48 am »
Walks in...stands at attention and salutes...”SFC TxRadioGuy reporting as ordered.”

Any help you can give would be great and thank you for your service.
-Winston Churchill

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:35:09 am »

Yes and thank you I just got a ribeye dinner now courtesy of my wonderful husband

Enjoy the Rib-eye!!!  We have Chicken and Dumplings here...

ETA:  Remind me some time to tell you about Sous Vide...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 12:39:12 am »
Enjoy the Rib-eye!!!  We have Chicken and Dumplings here...

ETA:  Remind me some time to tell you about Sous Vide...

Yum enjoy your dinner to and looking forward to hearing all about it. wink777
-Winston Churchill

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 12:52:58 am »

:thumbsup:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 12:59:58 am »
:thumbsup:

My mouth is watering cause it is smelling delicious
-Winston Churchill

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 01:14:32 am »

Thank you

@Gemmarose

AFAIK,the "coin check" thing was started by some members of the US Army Special Forces. I have a couple of them around here somewhere.

IIRC,each unit or team designed it's own "challenge coin" and anytime anyone shouted "coin challenge",anybody that didn't have one had to pay for everyone else's drinks.

There was a hierarchy involved that granted some coins more importance than others,but I can't remember what it was.

I know the idea was to create team unity,but if you needed a freaking team coin to have it,you didn't have much of a team,IMNSHO. Truth to tell,I considered them to be more of a pain in the ass than anything else. The only reason I ever carried one was because I had better things to spend my money on that buying drinks for a bar full of drunks. It really got to the point where I think even REMF's had their own coin.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 01:21:51 am »
@Gemmarose

AFAIK,the "coin check" thing was started by some members of the US Army Special Forces. I have a couple of them around here somewhere.

IIRC,each unit or team designed it's own "challenge coin" and anytime anyone shouted "coin challenge",anybody that didn't have one had to pay for everyone else's drinks.

There was a hierarchy involved that granted some coins more importance than others,but I can't remember what it was.

I know the idea was to create team unity,but if you needed a freaking team coin to have it,you didn't have much of a team,IMNSHO. Truth to tell,I considered them to be more of a pain in the ass than anything else. The only reason I ever carried one was because I had better things to spend my money on that buying drinks for a bar full of drunks. It really got to the point where I think even REMF's had their own coin.

I bet that did get expensive and thank you for your details and most importantly for your service thank you. :patriot:
-Winston Churchill