Author Topic: Hero Soldier Praised for Saving Children During El Paso Mass Shooting Found Dead at Fort Bliss  (Read 231 times)

rangerrebew

Hero Soldier Praised for Saving Children During El Paso Mass Shooting Found Dead at Fort Bliss

10 Apr 2020
Task & Purpose | By Haley Britzky and Jared Keller

This article by Haley Britzky and Jared Keller originally appeared on Task & Purpose, a digital news and culture publication dedicated to military and veterans issues.

Army Pfc. Glendon Oakley Jr., the 23-year-old soldier who won praise from the  the public, the Army and President Donald Trump for his heroism during a mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart in last year, was found dead in his quarters at Fort Bliss on Wednesday, officials said.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/10/hero-soldier-praised-saving-children-during-el-paso-mass-shooting-found-dead-fort-bliss.html

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gemmarose

Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
First of all,I want to know WHY he was still a PFC after showing the leadership ability he had at the mall shooting.

Then I want to know why he died.

After I find out why he died,I want to know why his company commander wasn't relived on his command for incompetence for not having promoted him to Sgt E-5.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:17:06 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!