Author Topic: GREAT NEWS! U.S. Coronavirus Death Rates Plummet To 0.66% And Will Likely Continue To Fall  (Read 667 times)

rangerrebew

GREAT NEWS! U.S. Coronavirus Death Rates Plummet To 0.66% And Will Likely Continue To Fall

by DCWhispers | Mar 30, 2020 | DC Whispers

The coronavirus outbreak in the United States continues to shape up like a somewhat worse than normal case of the flu as a recent report outlines the current likely death rate to be well below earlier estimates – just 0.66%. And as more people get tested and more are allowed to be given the drug touted weeks earlier by President Trump, hydroxychloroquine, that figure is set to fall even further.
Read on to learn more…

Via CNN:
How many people die after being infected with the novel coronavirus? Fewer than previously calculated, according to a study released Monday, but still more than die from the flu.
The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

———————

That 0.66% figure is fantastic news especially given the strong probability it will continue to go down further as more people are tested and more people are treated with the anti-viral drugs that President Trump had optimistically touted as a potential “game changer” in the war against the virus.

Some have even suggested that by the end of this week that 0.66% figure could be cut in half.

It’s a remarkable turnaround from the far more troubling earlier predictions and is a testament to the remarkably effective reaction by the Trump administration and the tens of thousands of healthcare workers all across the country as well as the input and generosity of U.S. companies that have been so critical in successfully dealing with this health crisis.

https://dcwhispers.com/great-news-u-s-coronavirus-death-rates-plummet-to-0-66-and-will-likely-continue-to-fall/

Online libertybele

That isn't the news coming out of the WH with a projection of 245,000 deaths.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
With the chloroquine derivatives now available and remdesivir undergoing its first trials, there is hope that this virus is treatable.

And a treatable virus, if it brings the rate of death closer to that of the flu, will render all this shutdown/lockdown obsolete.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

Chris Cuomo of CNN has it, is at home, had/has fever, chills, chest tightness - his doctor is not giving him hydroxychloroquine or any other med except telling him to use Tylenol for fever.  If he gets a little worse, he will be in hospital on ventilator.  If hydroxy was proven to help, he would be taking it.

His wife and children have taken the test and it is not known yet if they have it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I think the 100,000-200,000 projection is the "worst case scenario" without rigorous mitigation.

The problem I have with this projection is that it's largely based, right now, on NY and the assumption its rate of infection and death will be duplicated across the US. 

But NY is a unique hotbed of disease activity caused not only by congested living conditions --- but also in large part by the state government starting mitigation procedures after inviting every New Yorker to catch the virus by going on with their unchanged daily lives and assuring folks the subways, restaurants, public parades and celebrations were safe.  (We're seeing the trouble parts of Louisiana are in now because of this same mistake.)

I'm anticipating data from increased testing around the country to show the majority of the country will not experience the peak infection/death rate of NY and the projected number of deaths will be lowered.   :crossed:

@libertybele

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

@rangerrebew

Chris Cuomo of CNN has it, is at home, had/has fever, chills, chest tightness - his doctor is not giving him hydroxychloroquine or any other med except telling him to use Tylenol for fever.  If he gets a little worse, he will be in hospital on ventilator.  If hydroxy was proven to help, he would be taking it.

Let's not bet the farm on Chris Cuomo's opinion..   :smokin:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The fact that Cuomo is not taking Hydroxy means nothing other than his physician is a moron.  And I would guess he has the milder version, which is tough, but not life threatening.

And the numbers at the top of this thread are just a guesstimate.  I started tracking the numbers for the past week, and for the last six days, the mortality rate has increased each day.

Unfortunately, the CDC has proven to be grossly incompetent with this outbreak.  They were not prepared, they did not restock from the 2009 outbreak, slow to develop tests for this virus, etc.  So the Obama Administration did not resupply, but was there any effort to restock with a new president and administration?  I have not heard mention of that.  The CDC should be forecasting emergency supply requirements, and they dropped the ball.

I believe we have had many millions infected, but they have not developed a test to test those with antibodies.  There is a study in Colorado in a town of 8,000 that will be performed, but time keeps passing.

Offline LegalAmerican

Hind sight is always so great.  lol  No one knows what will happen, but are experts,  AFTER it all SHTF.  That is the easy part.  Wish the 20/20 hindsight people could post, tell us right now,  what to do. 

I think I have a mild case of cover-19. Weird low temp.(very low) comes & goes. I am taking ANTI-VIRAL natural supplements.
I went out, Monday to grocery store.  Next day, a slight 'fever' and chest issue.

Offline Victoria33

Let's not bet the farm on Chris Cuomo's opinion..   :smokin:

It is not Chris's opinion...it is his doctor's opinion.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The coronavirus outbreak in the United States continues to shape up like a somewhat worse than normal case of the flu

According to my President, "Nobody's ever seen anything like this before."

I think most the deaths will occur when the hospitals are over run and we have no more ventilators.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:35:46 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It occurs to me that two things would be devastating to the current effort to slow the progress of the disease.

First, convincing people that not taking steps to avoid exposure while the disease remains contagious only guarantees a successive wave of infections, which would mean that

(Second) projections for an end to the social/economic restrictions would be off by a minimum of two weeks, those needing to again be extended to get the desired result.

The first would appear that the steps taken were not working (intensifying panic, extending the toilet paper shortage)
The second would be the final nail in the financial coffins of many small businesses and households, exacting an economic toll far beyond even the additional bailout bills putting us further than ever in debt, crushing the economy back to Obamanian or lower levels.

Recall, crashing the economy is one goal of the Dems/MSM, panic and despair is another.
With the onset of this administration came optimism, and the Dems and MSM are doing all in their power to crush that.

When the people behind this sort of stuff would sell their own villagers to the ovens and slave labor for the approval of their master, this misery is child's play and they feed on it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

It is not Chris's opinion...it is his doctor's opinion.

Chris should find a new doctor --- stat!

Online roamer_1

Some have even suggested that by the end of this week that 0.66% figure could be cut in half.

Here come the 'adjusting  downward' moves. Just like polling, they have to adjust the numbers toward reality the closer they come to the point of no deniability.

And just so all y'all know it - I called it... I said a while ago this will wind up being between .3 and .03

Online roamer_1

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny that. And I don't mean 'ha-ha'  *****rollingeyes*****
Oh, seriously?

Even if he had been a Republican, it wasn't an election year. :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis