Author Topic: De Blasio: People Will Die Because Trump ‘Will Not Lift a Finger to Help’  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 22 Mar 2020

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio accused President Donald Trump of not lifting “a finger to help” with the coronavirus breakout.

De Blasio said, “The truth is, and New Yorkers and all Americans deserve the truth, it’s only getting worse. April and May are going to be a lot worse. Right now, we are a third of the cases in the country. That’s going to get worse. We’re about two thirds or more of the cases in New York State. That’s going to get worse. But the president of the United States is from New York City, and he will not lift a finger to help his hometown. And I don’t get it. I don’t get it. Right now, I have asked repeatedly for the military to be mobilized for the Defense Production Act to be used to its fullest to get things like ventilators so people who can live who would die otherwise, I can’t be blunt enough. If the president doesn’t act, people will die who could have lived otherwise.”

He added, “The American government is not at full bore. The defense act has been activated. We have gotten no indication of any factory on 24/7 shifts, no shipments, and the U.S. military is at its bases and not the front lines. Respectfully, governor, we cannot be gentle about this point right this minute. From this minute forward, our government, our federal government needs to be in this fight instead of on the sidelines. I’m not worried about blame. I’m worried about saving lives right this minute, and I don’t see the federal government at this moment.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/22/de-blasio-people-will-die-because-trump-will-not-lift-a-finger-to-help/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Pam Key 22 Mar 2020

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio accused President Donald Trump of not lifting “a finger to help” with the coronavirus breakout.

De Blasio said, “The truth is, and New Yorkers and all Americans deserve the truth, it’s only getting worse. April and May are going to be a lot worse. Right now, we are a third of the cases in the country. That’s going to get worse. We’re about two thirds or more of the cases in New York State. That’s going to get worse. But the president of the United States is from New York City, and he will not lift a finger to help his hometown. And I don’t get it. I don’t get it. Right now, I have asked repeatedly for the military to be mobilized for the Defense Production Act to be used to its fullest to get things like ventilators so people who can live who would die otherwise, I can’t be blunt enough. If the president doesn’t act, people will die who could have lived otherwise.”

He added, “The American government is not at full bore. The defense act has been activated. We have gotten no indication of any factory on 24/7 shifts, no shipments, and the U.S. military is at its bases and not the front lines. Respectfully, governor, we cannot be gentle about this point right this minute. From this minute forward, our government, our federal government needs to be in this fight instead of on the sidelines. I’m not worried about blame. I’m worried about saving lives right this minute, and I don’t see the federal government at this moment.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/22/de-blasio-people-will-die-because-trump-will-not-lift-a-finger-to-help/
Since I refrain from cursing now...    :#@$%:

Online mountaineer

The luxury of apocalypticism
The elites want us to panic about Covid-19 – we must absolutely refuse to do so.
Brendan O'Neill
17th March 2020

...   In the past it was hysteria that was seen as a malady of the mind. Now it is the reluctance to kowtow to hysteria, the preference for calm discussion over panic and dread, that is treated as a malady. Today, it is those who prefer reason over rashness, whether on climate change or Brexit, who are judged to be disordered. According to the new elites, their apocalypticism is normal, while our calm democratic commitment to a political project, such as Brexit, or our desire to treat pollution as a practical problem rather than as a swirling, cloudy hint of nature’s coming fury with man’s hubris and destructiveness, is mad, deranged, in need of treatment. Their End Times nervousness is good; our faith in moral reason is bad.

This strange, fascinating tension between the apocalypticism of the intellectual and cultural elites and the scepticism of ordinary people is coming into play in the Covid-19 crisis.    ...

The media are at the forefront of stirring up apocalyptic dread over Covid-19. In Europe, there is also a performative apocalypticism in some of the more extreme clampdowns on everyday life and social engagement by the political authorities, in particular in Italy, Spain and France. Many governments seem to be driven less by a reasoned, evidence-fuelled strategy of limiting both the spread of the disease and the disorganisation of economic life, than by an urge to be seen to be taking action.    ...
Entire article at Spiked-Online
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

With his continued open contempt of Trump De Blasio is either too stupid or too honest to take the route the rest of the rats are currently taking, but in the end they'll all end up in the same place.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:59:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Many governments seem to be driven less by a reasoned, evidence-fuelled strategy of limiting both the spread of the disease and the disorganisation of economic life, than by an urge to be seen to be taking action. 

For many in government both in America and around the world, chaos serves their interests. No doubt De Blasio is hoping for enough chaos to justify him declaring martial law and locking down everything. Not to 'save lives' but rather to seize power. Democrats do not care about human lives or human misery. They only care about their own power and their own agenda.

With Democrats everything they do is a slow walk to authoritarianism. This is why the Love any crisis. And this is why they are so angry at President Trump and his administration. Because they are not playing the game the Democrats/Media want to play. Democrats only see a golden opportunity to seize control of the population, in a real authoritarian way. President Trump is in their way to doing that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

"We have gotten no indication of any factory on 24/7 shifts ..." Liar! https://www.globalatlanta.com/augusta-factory-ramps-up-to-relieve-global-mask-shortage-as-china-fights-coronavirus/

"... no shipments ..." Liar! https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fema-administrator-masks-shipped-national-stockpile/story?id=69731546

"... the U.S. military is at its bases and not the front lines" So what?! Why throw untrained people at a problem, and where, exactly, are these "front lines"?

The mayor would be doing better to work on the boring issues within his own city rather than throwing partisan spitballs! Jackasshole!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Wow ... is it me ... or did I misunderstand?  Seems that the governor of NY is praising Trump for his actions? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Absalom

That NYC chose this jackass as Mayor, solidifies its reputation of decline.
The only thing this bozo has done in life that warrants any curiosity are
his 3 name changes, starting w/Warren Wilhelm.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Moron sounds like he is getting his talking points from someone in Puerto Rico, that mayor was a lying sack of excrement too!