Author Topic: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est  (Read 3106 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2020, 02:42:22 am »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow
·
16m
President Trumps speech was excellent both as to substance & delivery & I would urge congressional & media Dems, as well as NeverTrumpers, to finally get behind his efforts & that of his admin, to address the coronavirus, rather than trying to continue to rip this country apart .

Is Mark angling for a job eventually in the WH? He use to not be a big supporter though, I think it was a good speech on a somber topic.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:43:11 am by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2020, 02:43:52 am »
Dan Diamond @ddiamond
15m

In the hour after Trump delivered a speech intended to reassure the nation about virus

- NBA canceled its season after all-star tests positive
- Tom Hanks announced he’s infected
- a senator announced her staffer infected

This feels like a night we’ll remember for a long time.

Online corbe

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2020, 02:44:34 am »

Yall need to calm down
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2020, 02:44:55 am »
The President did not go into the SA oil war because this wasn't an economic seminar.  BTW. looks like you missed some important information coming from the WH today about the country's economic future...but it was calm, intelligent and rational, so this may be why.  Here's what you missed:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Thanks for the video -- though I wasn't implying that Trump should have addressed the oil issue.  All I am saying is in the speech he gave tonight, he didn't convey confidence or come across confident, which I have never seen from him, never.  Usually when I watch one of his speeches, he comes across that he's very confident that he's going to get done what he says he's going to do.  I didn't get that.  I hope I'm wrong, but perhaps he knows that Congress holds the purse strings and that it could likely be an uphill battle.  Certainly not what he or we need; and this all falls on his shoulders.  Not faulting him --- I think he's very worried about the situation and rightfully so.

My other thought - he attended CPAC with Cruz and others and they self-quarantined.  Maybe he's not feeling well??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2020, 02:46:24 am »

https://twitter.com/owermohle/status/1237922717699014658

Sarah Owermohle @owermohle
Trump's claim tonight that health insurers "have agreed to waive all copayments for coronavirus treatments" seems to be news to them.

“For testing. Not for treatment.” a spokesperson for the major insurance lobby AHIP says.

9:05 PM · Mar 11, 2020

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 02:46:29 am »
Is Mark angling for a job eventually in the WH? He use to not be a big supporter though, I think it was a good speech on a somber topic.

??? I've always gotten the impression that he supported Trump. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2020, 02:46:33 am »
His tone was fine.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline TomSea

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2020, 02:47:10 am »
James Jay Carafano
@JJCarafano
·
14m
It’s doesn’t make sense to drain the bathtub if you don’t shut off faucet. It’s more difficult to contain disease if we keep importing. Europe is a back Dorr of Chinese diseas to come here right now
Quote Tweet
The Daily Signal
@DailySignal
 Â· 18m
“We made a lifesaving move with early action on China. Now we must take the same action with Europe.”

Read @FredLucasWH reporting on Trump's primetime address to the nation: https://dailysign.al/2W5LITl

Offline Idiot

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2020, 02:48:14 am »

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1237925762054926336

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo
·
15m
Still looking for the floor. Futures now down more than 1200. This is ugly.

We need a good blowout to the bottom to turn this thing around.  Maybe this is it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2020, 02:50:05 am »
??? I've always gotten the impression that he supported Trump.

Have you listened a lot to Levine? I have. I'm glad though, that he's come over and it has been a while now. I'm not going to dissect his evolution totally.

He was a very big defender in the depths of all of the impeachment hearings... but whatever, what's important is how he feels now.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2020, 02:51:25 am »
    A video of President Trump talking to Bankers, who incidentally couldn't see the sub prime crisis, is not a vote of confidence, to me, anyway. @Right_in_Virginia

Stay in your acumen lane @corbe   Especially at a time such as this.   88devil

Offline TomSea

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2020, 02:52:53 am »
Dr. Marty Fox
Flag of United States
@DrMartyFox
·
26m
#PresidentTrump Doing As Much As Any President Can Do & MORE Than Any President Has EVER DONE

BUT Schumer Pelosi & Their #FakeNews & DemocRAT Comrades
Will Still Attack Him

Why Does Anyone Care What These America Hating
Trump Deranged
Parasites Say
Exclamation question mark

https://twitter.com/DrMartyFox/status/1237927573109252096

Dr. Marty Fox practices plastic surgery and hosts a radio program, the Kentucky Colonel.

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2020, 02:53:51 am »

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1237930070590750722

Daniel Dale @ddale8
A distinct possibility: Trump had one of his regular reading issues. He said the “prohibitions will not only apply” to cargo. Very possible the text said the prohibitions “will not apply” to cargo, he accidentally added the “only,” and then, as usual, tried to roll with it.

9:35 PM · Mar 11, 2020

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1237932556445679617

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo

So, to recap—in the most important speech of his presidency, one running just 12 minutes, Trump misled the public twice:

—trade goods flowing between the US  & Europe are *not* subject to the ban

—insurers are *not* waiving copayments for coronavirus treatments. Just testing.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2020, 02:57:11 am »
Dan Diamond @ddiamond
15m

In the hour after Trump delivered a speech intended to reassure the nation about virus

- NBA canceled its season after all-star tests positive
- Tom Hanks announced he’s infected
- a senator announced her staffer infected

This feels like a night we’ll remember for a long time.

@Once-Ler

LOL!   I can 'see' your smirk from here.    :laugh:

...and who gives a damn about Tom Hanks?   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2020, 02:57:37 am »
The Epoch Times - China Insider
@EpochTimesChina
#Chinese officials covered up the #CoronavirusOutbreak, costing the world some 2 months to respond, #NationalSecurity advisor Robert O’Brien said, in some of the strongest remarks against #China in regards to the virus to date.

https://twitter.com/EpochTimesChina/status/1237801717493874689

Offline Idiot

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2020, 02:58:16 am »

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1237930070590750722

Daniel Dale @ddale8
A distinct possibility: Trump had one of his regular reading issues. He said the “prohibitions will not only apply” to cargo. Very possible the text said the prohibitions “will not apply” to cargo, he accidentally added the “only,” and then, as usual, tried to roll with it.

9:35 PM · Mar 11, 2020

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1237932556445679617

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo

So, to recap—in the most important speech of his presidency, one running just 12 minutes, Trump misled the public twice:

—trade goods flowing between the US  & Europe are *not* subject to the ban

—insurers are *not* waiving copayments for coronavirus treatments. Just testing.
Biden is your candidate huh.....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2020, 03:01:29 am »
We are all probably lucky that this is not a big killer disease, however,  it obviously is highly contagious and I do see the importance of strong efforts to stop it's growth and combat it.  - Me
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 03:12:46 am by TomSea »

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2020, 03:21:22 am »
@Once-Ler

LOL!   I can 'see' your smirk from here.    :laugh:

...and who gives a damn about Tom Hanks?

I'm not smirking.  I'm not happy about this.  My maternal Grandmother is in her 90's.  Hell, I'm no spring chicken.  I've been concerned about this virus for over a month and I have not seen the President make any effort to address my concerns.  I like Tom Hanks.  His impression of Tom Hanks on SNLs Celebrity Jeopardy was uncanny.

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 03:24:35 am »
Biden is your candidate huh.....
I didn't vote in 2016 or 2018.  I don't know if I'll vote in 2020, but if I do it will not be for President Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 03:32:38 am »
Have you listened a lot to Levine? I have. I'm glad though, that he's come over and it has been a while now. I'm not going to dissect his evolution totally.

He was a very big defender in the depths of all of the impeachment hearings... but whatever, what's important is how he feels now.

By the Spring of 2017, Levin and  Joe diGenova/V. Toensig, Greg Jarrett, John Solomon, Sarah Carter, Dan Bongino, Gingrich, Bill O'Reilly, VDH,  and others  were reporting the skeleton of the Coup  d   'Etat.

Levin, Beck criticized Trump pre-election.

Then they adjusted.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 03:40:31 am »
Right, the part about trade with Europe, NRO's:
David French
@DavidAFrench
It's simply stunning that the president announced the wrong policy in a critical, prepared address. He said his ban applied to trade then said it didn't. This is completely unacceptable. It shouldn't be "baked in" to anything other than the continued case that this man is unfit.

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/1237940089025634304

Ooopsies.... David French doesn't hold back and I'm not saying I agree with what he said, just posting.

Maybe French isn't with National Review anymore, it's not listed on his twitter byline.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 03:42:12 am by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2020, 03:51:54 am »
Several appear alarmed that Trump wasn't playing his usual character (i.e. Clarabell) earlier tonight.
Likely he was advised that the NBA Season and Tokyo Olympics have been postponed.
As well, the start of MLB, the NFL Draft and NCAA Basketball will likely be delayed/rescheduled.
The impact of these and many more will have a severe economic impact as November approaches.
Additionally, Dow Futures are down more than 1000 points on Thursday morning!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2020, 05:36:38 am »

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1237919049633247233

Ben Shapiro @benshapiro

So when exactly are coronavirus tests going to be widely available?

8:51 PM · Mar 11, 2020

Savage replies @Savage22122
Replying to @benshapiro

When its over

Offline TomSea

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2020, 09:15:07 am »
If Trump was nervous as some people contend, this whole thing could affect his reelection and it looked very positive that he would be reelected.

This whole crisis tosses a wrench into everything, let alone, we also apparently suffered an attack in Iraq earlier in the afternoon, so there are many factors.

I'll add in, here is a transcript to the whole speech:

https://newsthud.com/full-transcript-and-video-of-president-trumps-address-on-coronavirus/

Full Transcript and Video of President Trump’s Address on Coronavirus
written by Paul Goldberg March 12, 2020

President Trump:

My fellow Americans, tonight I want to speak with you about our nation’s unprecedented response to the coronavirus outbreak that started in China and is now spreading throughout the world.

Today the World Health Organization officially announced that this is a global pandemic. We have been in frequent contact with our allies and we are marshaling the full power of the federal government and the private sector to protect the American people.

This is the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history. I am confident that by counting and continuing to take these tough measures we will significantly reduce the threat to our citizens and we will ultimately and expeditiously defeat this virus.

See the rest at link above.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:54:41 am by TomSea »

Online DB

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2020, 02:53:59 pm »
... Tokyo Olympics have been postponed.

Have a source for that?