Author Topic: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est  (Read 3102 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 01:48:32 am »
   It will be the liberal courts, just like last time, to thwart his ambitious European Travel Ban.

Exactly.  Nor will they give him the $$ to help small businesses and people who have self-quarantined and they sure as heck aren't going to approve suspending payroll taxes.  IF they do any of these things, I'll be very surprised.

Perhaps that's why he looked so uneasy delivering this speech. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 01:49:17 am »
What about people who have flights paid for?

Our daughter is flying to Ireland tomorrow, but won’t be able to come home!

I think the Airlines would either give her a refund, or some kind of credit.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Idiot

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 01:49:25 am »
What about people who have flights paid for?

Our daughter is flying to Ireland tomorrow, but won’t be able to come home!
She can come in through the backdoor …...Mexico...lol.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 02:02:18 am »
Jeff Greenfield
@greenfield64
·
30m
I've been watching Presidential speeches for decades.  have never seen a President look more nervous, more unsure of what he was saying, than tonight.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 02:05:00 am »

I think the Airlines would either give her a refund, or some kind of credit.

They can’t get through to the airline....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 02:06:00 am »
She can come in through the backdoor …...Mexico...lol.

:silly:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 02:09:31 am »
   I am somewhat confident the President won't F**k this up tonight.
@corbe
Speaking as a Never-Trumper he didn't.  He was somber.  He looked like he might be under the weather, and his voice sounded dry.  I hope he is of good health.  He read the speech well, with only a few errors.  The speech was good.  He sounded like a President.  When he said "Marshaling the full power of the Federal Government and the Private Sector," I felt this thrill going up my leg.  He sounded like a President of all the people. His call for unity in the face of a crisis is a message more appreciated than pointing fingers at the media and rats.  I don't know if the travel restrictions will work, but it's doing something and I believe that is more effective than calling it a hoax and wishing it away.  It was smart to remind LIVs that he recently signed emergency funding and I like the promise from no deductible from insurance companies and future legislative action.  The problem for me is Trump's promises are just words.  Nobody will dispute his control of the GOP Senate, but he can't promise for Pelosi.  She may not be as motivated to solve the pandemic that occurred under Trump's watch.

but the speech itself deserves an "A."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:17:50 am by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 02:14:34 am »
Jeff Greenfield
@greenfield64
·
30m
I've been watching Presidential speeches for decades.  have never seen a President look more nervous, more unsure of what he was saying, than tonight.

I couldn't agree more.  He wasn't at all confident.  Not in the least.  It left me feeling something else is just around the corner or Pelosi has already told him, she's not going to provide him with what he's asking for.  Could he also have found out that this was a deliberate move by China or Russia???

Secondly, this isn't the only issue affecting the market ... it's also about oil.  A tanking economy regardless of reason could cost him re-election.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:19:21 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 02:18:09 am »
Jeff Greenfield
@greenfield64

Well, it looks like they had to go to the back page of their talking points .... obviously the substance and message were on the mark, so let's go back to "unpresidential"

Jackasses don't realize how well we know them by now.

Offline DB

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:19 am »
I couldn't agree more.  He wasn't at all confident.  Not in the least.  It left me feeling something else is just around the corner or Pelosi has already told him, she's not going to provide him with what he's asking for.

He's probably scared for both himself and the country. Any rational person should be. This isn't "just the flu". There's only so much the federal government can do and this thing is going to run its course for better or for worse. It cannot be stopped. Lets just hope it travels slowly enough that our resources can keep up.

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:51 am »
Trump on coronavirus scare: 'This is not a financial crisis'
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/487156-trump-on-coronavirus-scares-this-is-not-a-financial-crisis

President Trump Meets with Bankers on COVID-19 Response--Mar 11, 2020 (Good information w/o the fear factor)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7VgIzBAkOU

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:57 am »
Well, it looks like they had to go to the back page of their talking points .... obviously the substance and message were on the mark, so let's go back to "unpresidential"

Jackasses don't realize how well we know them by now.

@Right_in_Virginia   Sorry, as much as I wanted to love his speech, his confidence in what he was saying just wasn't there. He didn't speak with his normal conviction.  He read the speech, but I don't think he believed in what he was saying -- very unlike him. He also continually twittled his thumbs -- he's usually very confident that he's going to do what he says.  I didn't get that from him tonight.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 02:23:28 am »
He's probably scared for both himself and the country. Any rational person should be. This isn't "just the flu". There's only so much the federal government can do and this thing is going to run its course for better or for worse. It cannot be stopped. Lets just hope it travels slowly enough that our resources can keep up.

Amen!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 02:25:12 am »

Well, my other thought (and I hope I'm wrong), he attended the CPAC -- Cruz and others self-quarantined.  Perhaps Trump was tested and he tested positive.  That would be an absolute disaster.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 02:29:59 am »
It looks like the markets are worried about a cargo ban. 

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1237917084505591820
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:31:47 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 02:30:43 am »
Secondly, this isn't the only issue affecting the market ... it's also about oil.

The President did not go into the SA oil war because this wasn't an economic seminar.  BTW. looks like you missed some important information coming from the WH today about the country's economic future...but it was calm, intelligent and rational, so this may be why.  Here's what you missed:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 02:32:32 am »
Well, my other thought (and I hope I'm wrong), he attended the CPAC -- Cruz and others self-quarantined.  Perhaps Trump was tested and he tested positive.  That would be an absolute disaster.

Stop thinking, please.  You're spreading panic w/o facts.  And this is not helpful.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2020, 02:34:37 am »

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1237925762054926336

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo
·
15m
Still looking for the floor. Futures now down more than 1200. This is ugly.

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2020, 02:35:21 am »
@Right_in_Virginia   Sorry, as much as I wanted to love his speech, his confidence in what he was saying just wasn't there. He didn't speak with his normal conviction. 

Apology accepted @libertybele  ... but not because you didn't fall in love with the speech, but because you're spreading despair over a speech that appears to have gone over your head.

This wasn't a speech designed to love.

Offline DB

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2020, 02:36:41 am »

He seems pretty healthy for his age and he'll have the best care possible so if he does get it I would expect he'll survive it just fine.

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2020, 02:37:27 am »
    A video of President Trump talking to Bankers, who incidentally couldn't see the sub prime crisis, is not a vote of confidence, to me, anyway. @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2020, 02:39:30 am »

@EliseStefanik

Tonight’s Oval Office Address by @realDonaldTrump
 was a strong and clear message to all Americans to encourage unity and swift action as we confront and ultimately beat Coronavirus.

Benny
@bennyjohnson
·
11m
Everyone should listen to @SenJohnKennedy
's take on Coronavirus:

1. We’re not all going to die.
2. Most Americans will not get the Virus

Of those who get the virus, 99% of them are going to be fine..

Ignore Politicians playing on Americans' fears and listen to the Doctors.

Offline DB

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2020, 02:40:21 am »
Stop thinking, please.  You're spreading panic w/o facts.  And this is not helpful.

Spreading panic to whom? This is a discussion board, we discuss things.

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2020, 02:41:38 am »