Author Topic: NY gov deploys National Guard, creates containment zone for town hard hit by coronavirus  (Read 447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY gov deploys National Guard, creates containment zone for town hard hit by coronavirus
By Rebecca Klar - 03/10/20 01:47 PM EDT

State officials are deploying the National Guard and creating a containment zone around a city in Westchester County as the coronavirus outbreak spreads, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) announced Tuesday.

“This is the single greatest public health challenge we have right now,” Cuomo said at a press conference on Tuesday, about the outbreak in New Rochelle.

New Rochelle, a small city in Westchester County just north of New York City, is the hub of the outbreak in New York.

Westchester County has 108 of the state’s 173 confirmed COVID-19 cases. New York City has 36 confirmed cases of the virus, Cuomo announced at the conference.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486841-ny-gov-deploys-national-guard-to-assist-with-coronavirus-containment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Not sure I like this.  Of the 108 cases in New Rochelle, how many were fatal?  Sounds like mass imprisonment. 

Pennsylvania has had 13 cases total so far.  None fatal.  All confined to a handful of counties in the eastern part of the state.  Please don't give Goobernor Wolf any ideas, Andy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:38:00 pm by Applewood »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I posted this story in the coronavirus thread. It broke during lunch. Top story in this area.

Might be a harbinger of things to come.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:42:14 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Please don't give Goobernor Wolf any ideas, Andy.
I'm sure he'll jump right on it. If it can violate anyone's rights, he's jiggy wid it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

I'm sure he'll jump right on it. If it can violate anyone's rights, he's jiggy wid it.

Word!   :beer:

Offline skeeter

Not sure I like this.  Of the 108 cases in New Rochelle, how many were fatal?  Sounds like mass imprisonment. 

Pennsylvania has had 13 cases total so far.  None fatal.  All confined to a handful of counties in the eastern part of the state.  Please don't give Goobernor Wolf any ideas, Andy.

We can't trust the intentions of any leftwing political or media figure. EVERYTHING they do is political.

Its a shame because we won't know what to do unless we are given the truth.