Author Topic: Scoop: Lab for coronavirus test kits may have been contaminated  (Read 542 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.axios.com/cdc-lab-coronavirus-contaminated-6dc9726d-dea3-423f-b5ad-eb7b1e44c2e2.html

Scoop: Lab for coronavirus test kits may have been contaminated

A top federal scientist sounded the alarm about what he feared was contamination in an Atlanta lab where the government made test kits for the coronavirus, according to sources familiar with the situation in Atlanta.

Driving the news: The Trump administration has ordered an independent investigation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lab, and manufacturing of the virus test kits has been moved, the sources said.

Why it matters: At the time the administration is under scrutiny for its early preparations for the virus, the potential problems at the lab became a top internal priority for some officials. But the Trump administration did not talk publicly about the Food and Drug Administration’s specific concerns about the Atlanta lab.

I'm a near devotee of Hanlon's Razor, and stupidity, incompetence, and carelessness are all very plausible, even sufficient, explanations. But in the context of the outrageous politicization of the outbreak by the Dems and their MSM shills, the outrageous possibility of sabotage is a bit less outrageous and a bit more plausible. Breaking some eggs - some people getting infected and a few dying - could result in the "omelet" of Trump being blamed and losing in November.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Scoop: Lab for coronavirus test kits may have been contaminated
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:48:12 am »
The roll out of Obamacare didn't kill Obama's second term.  I have faith the GOP voters are dunb enough to excuse and justify extreme Federal incompetence to own the libs.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 10:28:28 am »
The roll out of Obamacare didn't kill Obama's second term.  I have faith the GOP voters are dunb enough to excuse and justify extreme Federal incompetence to own the libs.
Obamacare was a disaster years in the making, a creation of the Democrats and Mitt Romney, (Gov of Mass. at the time the pilot project went through and signed off on it). That was entirely a man made disaster.

Obama imported Ebola.

Trump didn't MAKE this virus (If anyone crafted this, it was the Chinese).

Trump has moved as soon as information indicated, to contain it offshore, and two thirds of the cases here wouldn't have been here if his orders had not been defied by some State Department flunky holdover from previous administrations.
The ability of individuals to get care under the penumbra of Obamacare (where was the effing CONgress with the repeal legislation, anyway?) will be back in the Dems lap, too.

I know, I am one who lost his insurance when Obamacare became law.

But despite your TDS and even my lack of complete approval of Trump, I can't see how, in any fairness, this is supposed to be his fault. In the meantime, the total number of deaths from this disease in the US has yet to reach the daily body count of pedestrians run over in the streets, and I'm not anywhere near panic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 12:07:53 pm »
...  I have faith the GOP voters are dunb enough to excuse and justify extreme Federal incompetence to own the libs.

Blaming CDC stupidity/incompetence/careless - assuming that's what it was - on Trump would be dumb.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 10:10:26 pm »
Obamacare was a disaster years in the making, a creation of the Democrats and Mitt Romney, (Gov of Mass. at the time the pilot project went through and signed off on it). That was entirely a man made disaster.

Obama imported Ebola.

Trump didn't MAKE this virus (If anyone crafted this, it was the Chinese).

Trump has moved as soon as information indicated, to contain it offshore, and two thirds of the cases here wouldn't have been here if his orders had not been defied by some State Department flunky holdover from previous administrations.
The ability of individuals to get care under the penumbra of Obamacare (where was the effing CONgress with the repeal legislation, anyway?) will be back in the Dems lap, too.

I know, I am one who lost his insurance when Obamacare became law.

But despite your TDS and even my lack of complete approval of Trump, I can't see how, in any fairness, this is supposed to be his fault. In the meantime, the total number of deaths from this disease in the US has yet to reach the daily body count of pedestrians run over in the streets, and I'm not anywhere near panic.

Thanx for your reply @Smokin Joe .

Yesterday the body count was 1.  Last night it was 2.  This afternoon it is 6.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/health/us-coronavirus-cases-monday/index.html 

patience.

I would never argue it was "fair," but Presidents get the blame and credit for what happens on their watch. 

And lest anybody accuses me of rooting for deaths, I don't want President Trump's ineffectual leadership.  I just expect it based on past performance.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/02/27/coronavirus-plane/
Who Allowed 14 People with Coronavirus on a Plane to US with Uninfected Passengers?

This decision was so controversial that, according to the Post, “unhappy CDC officials demanded to be left out of the news release that explained that infected people were being flown back to the United States.”

While it is accurate to say that the Trump administration, via “the State Department and a top Trump administration health official,” overruled the CDC’s position and allowed these 14 individuals transport on a plane with uninfected individuals, it bears mentioning that the decision was reportedly made without Trump’s knowledge.

The President doesn't know a lot of things...like grammar, or who Lev Parnas and Stormy Daniels are.  His excuses of ignorance don't cut it for me or make him less ineffectual.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 10:40:50 pm »
Thanx for your reply @Smokin Joe .

Yesterday the body count was 1.  Last night it was 2.  This afternoon it is 6.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/health/us-coronavirus-cases-monday/index.html 

patience.

I would never argue it was "fair," but Presidents get the blame and credit for what happens on their watch. 

And lest anybody accuses me of rooting for deaths, I don't want President Trump's ineffectual leadership.  I just expect it based on past performance.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/02/27/coronavirus-plane/
Who Allowed 14 People with Coronavirus on a Plane to US with Uninfected Passengers?

The President doesn't know a lot of things...like grammar, or who Lev Parnas and Stormy Daniels are.  His excuses of ignorance don't cut it for me or make him less ineffectual.
@Once-Ler   From your source:
While it is accurate to say that the Trump administration, via “the State Department and a top Trump administration health official,” overruled the CDC’s position and allowed these 14 individuals transport on a plane with uninfected individuals, it bears mentioning that the decision was reportedly made without Trump’s knowledge.

Trump was “briefed on the decision and agreed that healthy passengers should not be on the plane with sick ones,” according to three senior administration officials who spoke to The Washington Post. “The State Department and a top U.S. health official ultimately decided to bring back the 14 Americans who tested positive for the virus on the planes and place them in isolation — without informing the president first,” they said.

Even considering Snopes has been hostile toward the GOP and others on the Right, they admit that the decision was carried out contrary to the President's directives that infected and healthy people should not be on the same plane.

As I said, this is on the State Dept. flunky who went against the POTUS' wishes to do so.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 10:54:31 pm »
@Once-Ler   From your source:
Even considering Snopes has been hostile toward the GOP and others on the Right, they admit that the decision was carried out contrary to the President's directives that infected and healthy people should not be on the same plane.

As I said, this is on the State Dept. flunky who went against the POTUS' wishes to do so.

@Smokin Joe
The President's directives were ignored, and that makes him blameless for his impotency.  He's just the guy at the top, nobody listens to him.  The President was reportedly furious.  So furious that no one has been fired for disregarding the Presidents directive.  Not even a critical tweet.   

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 11:09:53 pm »
@Smokin Joe
The President's directives were ignored, and that makes him blameless for his impotency.  He's just the guy at the top, nobody listens to him.  The President was reportedly furious.  So furious that no one has been fired for disregarding the Presidents directive.  Not even a critical tweet.
You are right. He should have those who go against his directives shot, like third world countries (I'm being sarcastic,). Oh wait, this is America and we don't operate that way. I'd sack the bastard in a New York Second, with loss of pension and benefits, no option to simply retire and take the golden parachute, but that's me. What good would a critical tweet do at this point, and iirc, there was some serious complaining about it. (President "furious"...etc. were the headlines.)
You can't put that cat back in the bag, though, the damage is done.

Noteworthy, half of the deceased in WA are from the same nursing home, which implies underlyiing conditions at the very least.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:10:41 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 11:45:38 pm »
You are right. He should have those who go against his directives shot, like third world countries (I'm being sarcastic,). Oh wait, this is America and we don't operate that way. I'd sack the bastard in a New York Second, with loss of pension and benefits, no option to simply retire and take the golden parachute, but that's me. What good would a critical tweet do at this point, and iirc, there was some serious complaining about it. (President "furious"...etc. were the headlines.)
You can't put that cat back in the bag, though, the damage is done.

Noteworthy, half of the deceased in WA are from the same nursing home, which implies underlyiing conditions at the very least.

A State Department official doing stupid stuff without consulting Trump (through manglement)? Who'd athunk it possible?! :sarc: Bet he's glad about civil service rules that make firing a civil servant difficult!

More than one dying in the same SNF points to a common contact, employee or visitor.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:46:45 pm by PeteS in CA »