Author Topic: Shares drop, gold surges as investors scurry for safety  (Read 424 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Shares drop, gold surges as investors scurry for safety
« on: February 24, 2020, 12:12:11 pm »
Coincidence that this is happening during the DEM campaigns and heading into the general election? The coronavirus will have a drastic negative impact on the economy and the DEMS are going to spin this to be Trump's fault.  Meanwhile ... Bernie is promising a free ride for all!  Rumors have been circulated that Soros may be behind this and that this virus is bio engineered.

Shares drop, gold surges as investors scurry for safety

Global shares and oil slid on Monday while safe-haven gold surged as the spread of the coronavirus outside China darkened the outlook for world growth with infections and deaths rising in South Korea, Italy and the Middle East.

South Korea put the country on high alert while the number of infections jumped to over 700 and deaths rose to seven. In Italy, officials said a third person infected with the flu-like virus had died, while the number of cases jumped to above 150 from just three before Friday. Iran, which announced its first infections last week, said it had confirmed 43 cases and eight deaths, with most of the infections in the Shi'ite Muslim holy city of Qom. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey and Afghanistan imposed travel and immigration restrictions on the Islamic Republic.

In a sign of panic, U.S. stock futures were sold with E-minis for the S&P500 falling 1.2% in early Asian trade while Nikkei futures slipped over 2%. EuroStoxx 50 futures declined 1.5% while futures for London's FTSE skidded 1%.

Asian share indexes were also a sea of red.

Australia's benchmark index slid 2.2% while New Zealand was about 1.3% lower. South Korea's KOSPI index fell about 3%. Chinese shares opened down with the blue-chip CSI300 index easing 0.6%.

That left MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan off 1.6% at its lowest since early February. Japanese markets were closed for a public holiday.

"There is lots of bad news on the coronavirus front with the total number of new cases still rising," AMP chief economist Shane Oliver wrote in a note.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-02-23/GLOBAL-MARKETS-Shares-drop-gold-surges-as-investors-scurry-for-safety.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline thackney

Re: Shares drop, gold surges as investors scurry for safety
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 12:25:15 pm »
Gold is not the ultimate security metal.

Stock up on brass, lead and copper if you are really worried about a coming chaos.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Shares drop, gold surges as investors scurry for safety
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 12:36:46 pm »
Gold is not the ultimate security metal.

Stock up on brass, lead and copper if you are really worried about a coming chaos.

Indeed.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.