Author Topic: Holder pushes for Supreme Court term limits, says '18 years is enough'  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder pushes for Supreme Court term limits, says '18 years is enough'

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Former Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday openly called for 18-year term limits for Supreme Court justices, lending his support to a push that has gained steam among Democrats amid the Trump administration's rapid-fire federal judicial appointments -- and the possibility of a looming Supreme Court vacancy.

Holder, who once described himself as former President Barack Obama's "wingman," this week also took a shot at Attorney General Bill Barr, saying the current state of the Justice Department (DOJ) is a politicized "disaster."

Speaking Saturday at Pomona College’s Bridges Auditorium, in Claremont, Calif., Holder said: "I don’t think someone should have that much power in an unelected position for that long. ... I think that three senatorial terms, 18 years, would be enough for a justice.”

Currently, a Supreme Court justice is appointed for life.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/holder-calls-for-scotus-term-limits-saying-18-years-is-enough

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Holder pushes for Supreme Court term limits, says '18 years is enough'
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 01:58:24 am »
Nice to see that Holder agrees with what the Convention of States is trying to do...especially where the Liberty Amendments are concerned. /sarc
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:35:51 am »
If Holder is for it, I must take pause and figure there is something seriously wrong with the idea.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 10:15:22 am »
If Holder is for it, I must take pause and figure there is something seriously wrong with the idea.

@Smokin Joe

Same here. My first thought was "that seems like a good idea". My second thought was "I must be wrong."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 02:06:40 pm »
Holder knows the GOP holds all the cards for the foreseeable future, so wants to limit the damage to libs until they regain control of things.

Then he will reverse back to lifetime appointments, with himself a likely candidate for SC.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 02:09:22 pm »
Holder knows the GOP holds all the cards for the foreseeable future, so wants to limit the damage to libs until they regain control of things.

Then he will reverse back to lifetime appointments, with himself a likely candidate for SC.
Exactly. It was just fine when Clinton and Obammy were nominating federal judges.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 02:12:11 pm »

Ding! ding! ding!  we have a winner.

Getting the left to be consistent is like trying to get a sea urchin to do calculus.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 05:25:17 pm »
Nice to see that Holder agrees with what the Convention of States is trying to do...especially where the Liberty Amendments are concerned. /sarc

That is probably the smartest thing he EVER said. Lifetime terms BS. Term Limits for all elected offices . wink777

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 05:31:45 pm »
That ditches Thomas, Ginsberg, and Breyer.  That nets +2 Conservatives.  Surely Holder isn't proposing that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-