Author Topic: Tom Hanks challenges Army sergeant to a push-up contest at the Oscars  (Read 438 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Army Times by Sarah Sicard 2/10/2020

It’s been more than 25 years since Tom Hanks delighted audiences around the country with his portrayal of the most earnest soldier in silver screen history: Forrest Gump. But that hasn’t stopped the now-63-year-old from staying Army fit.

On Sunday night, walking the red carpet at the 92nd Oscars award show, Hanks, decked out in black tie, got down and dirty in a push-up contest with an unidentified Army sergeant, People reported.

The actor, who was nominated this year for his role as Mr. Rogers in the movie “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” maintains a particular closeness with the Army. In addition to “Forrest Gump” (1994), Hanks also starred in the World War II classic “Saving Private Ryan,” released in 1999.

For his role in that movie, Hanks was inducted as an honorary member of the U.S. Army Rangers Hall of Fame in 2006.

More: https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/02/10/tom-hanks-challenges-army-sergeant-to-a-push-up-contest-at-the-oscars/

Offline Applewood

Re: Tom Hanks challenges Army sergeant to a push-up contest at the Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 04:56:43 pm »
Hanks is a liberal, but he's ok.  I think once he disparaged voters who voted for Proposition 8, but then he apologized.  Ordinarily, I don't see him saying stupid stuff like Cher, Rosie O'Donnell, the chicks on The View, etc. on a regular basis.   I understand he has been supportive of certain military-related causes. 

And while I've stayed away from most current movies, a friend rented A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood for us while we were on vacation in December.  Hanks was wonderful as Fred Rogers.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
Wish he had won the Oscar.

His portrayal of Rogers made me weep.......... many times during the film.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »
Hanks is channeling Sloe Joe Biteme.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: