Author Topic: Breaking: Equifax: US charges four Chinese military 'hackers'  (Read 390 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Breaking: Equifax: US charges four Chinese military 'hackers'
« on: February 10, 2020, 03:51:04 pm »
Equifax: US charges four Chinese military 'hackers'

The US has charged four Chinese military officers over the cyber-attack of credit score giant Equifax.

More than 147 million Americans were affected in 2017 when the alleged hackers, who are members of the Chinese Liberation Army (PLA), stole personal data including names and addresses.

Some UK and Canadian customers were also affected.

"This was one of the largest data breaches in history," said Attorney General William Barr.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51449778

I will delete if already posted, BBC calling it breaking news as if this is a big deal, heck, these hackers are in the Chinese army.

Online DB

Re: Breaking: Equifax: US charges four Chinese military 'hackers'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 04:05:56 pm »
I will delete if already posted, BBC calling it breaking news as if this is a big deal, heck, these hackers are in the Chinese army.

The real failure though is failing to secure this information in the first place.

Offline Applewood

Re: Breaking: Equifax: US charges four Chinese military 'hackers'
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 04:41:06 pm »
The real failure though is failing to secure this information in the first place.

Well, unfortunately, just about the time you think you have the best protection, some hacker or hackers still figure out a way to get in.  I have excellent security for my laptop, but I still wonder when someone is going to harvest my information anyway.  For all I know, maybe they already have.