Author Topic: Cleveland man who threatened to kill former AG Eric Holder loses appeal  (Read 460 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cleveland man who threatened to kill former AG Eric Holder loses appeal
Updated Jan 21, 2020; Posted Jan 21, 2020
By Eric Heisig, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — A federal appeals court on Tuesday declined to overturn the conviction of a Cleveland man who left a voicemail where he threatened to kill for former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.

Atrel Howard Jr. left the Nov. 12, 2017 voicemail for Holder at Covington & Burling, the Washington, D.C.-based law firm where the former attorney general for President Barack Obama now works. In it, Howard said, “former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, I’m going to kill you. … I am going to murder you.” He went on to talk about how he felt he was wrongly convicted of a crime.

A jury found Howard, 42, guilty in 2018 of making a threat. U.S. District Judge Solomon Oliver Jr. sentenced him to 2 1/2 years in prison.

Read more at: https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2020/01/cleveland-man-who-threatened-to-kill-former-ag-eric-holder-loses-appeal.html

I couldn't find a picture of the suspect but "Atrel Howard", not to be disparaging or anything, it doesn't sound like a gringo. That's all I'm saying.  And the article is from Jan. 21, 2020. I hope that is not too old.

2 and a half years for doing this. I wonder why he did this? Then again,  some attorneys will get such calls.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:26:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Cleveland man who threatened to kill former AG Eric Holder loses appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:41:58 pm »
Atrel Howard Jr. left the Nov. 12, 2017 voicemail for Holder at Covington & Burling, the Washington, D.C.-based law firm where the former attorney general for President Barack Obama now works

@TomSea

Uhhhh,say whut?

Bathhouse Barry has never worked anywhere a day in his life. Work is for other people to do,and his job is to take the credit for their work.

I seriously wish there were some way we could take that law firm to court and force them to let Obomber take full control over a case and argue it in open court.

What was the name of that lawyer on the old Amos and Andy Show?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:55:55 pm »
I've no love for Eric Holder, but threatening Holder was stupid and criminal. "Stupid and criminal" has consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:02:46 pm »
I couldn't find a picture of the suspect but "Atrel Howard", not to be disparaging or anything, it doesn't sound like a gringo. That's all I'm saying. 
I found what appears to be his mother's obituary and would surmise the family is African-American.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 10:17:02 pm »
I found what appears to be his mother's obituary and would surmise the family is African-American.

I had no trouble finding photos of him on google. If I could remember how to post one here,I would. Spent 15-20 minutes trying to figure it out,and gave up. One photo f him is when he is younger,and the other shows him with gray in his beard. At least one of the photos may be a mug shot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!