Author Topic: If emotional support animals are banned from planes, some people say they’ll stop flying  (Read 1306 times)

Online roamer_1

I am offended.
My service animal is an 18 hand Appaloosa gelding. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Transportation Department last week proposed allowing airlines to treat support animals as pets rather than service animals

ESA's have never been recognized as Service Animals, period. 

Under Title III of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and virtually all state laws, a service animal is an animal that has been trained to perform work or tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability. ... The ADA provides no protection for emotional support animals in public accommodations.
[/i]

I am sick to death of people abusing the service animal law. If this girl can't fly without animal support she better get it trained to perform a valid medical need, just being trained to be well behaved and do tricks don't mean spit. I f she needs help with her discomfort flying may I suggest Valium or some other medication for those times she needs to fly.

Maybe she should adopt a Teddy Bear.  I knew a gal who hated flying but had to, so she had one for her purse.  She said its job is to keep the airplane in the air.  It worked for her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Mr. M just returned from a visit to his sister's home. He said he saw "emotional support" dogs on both flights - one a tiny purse-sized dog, the other a Husky.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Sack up, losers. 

Put your damn dog, cat, chicken, goat, or gerbil somewhere other than the passenger cabin of a plane...unless it is in a crate and has its own seat.  Just because it makes you feel better doesn't mean it belongs there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sack up, losers. 

Put your damn dog, cat, chicken, goat, or gerbil somewhere other than the passenger cabin of a plane...unless it is in a crate and has its own seat.  Just because it makes you feel better doesn't mean it belongs there.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Beyond that,let's go back to the basics. If you have some sort of personal problem,it is YOUR personal problem and has nothing to do with the other passengers. You have no right to inflict your problems on others. If you don't like or are afraid of flying,don't fly. If you MUST fly to meet some sort of schedule,see your doctor and get some kind of tranquilizer to zone yourself out with.

Too damn many drama queens out there running around,demanding we "buy tickets to their shows" to make them feel important.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

Beyond that,let's go back to the basics. If you have some sort of personal problem,it is YOUR personal problem and has nothing to do with the other passengers. You have no right to inflict your problems on others. If you don't like or are afraid of flying,don't fly. If you MUST fly to meet some sort of schedule,see your doctor and get some kind of tranquilizer to zone yourself out with.

Too damn many drama queens out there running around,demanding we "buy tickets to their shows" to make them feel important.

I get it.  Flying makes you nervous, and your pet makes you feel better.

Too bad.  Grow up.

Online roamer_1

Screw you guys. If I can't take my service Appaloosa, I won't go.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Our military is advising vets to get emotional support animals.

There are phoney merchants that sell  harness vests for said animals, with official looking seals, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

Many supposedly adult Americans are like little kids. They figure if they whine and stamp their feet, they'll always get their way.
And, of course, many people in charge have given these adult children what they wanted.
I (and maybe everybody else) never heard of "emotional support animals" ten years ago.
But like everything else if you give some people an inch, they'll take a mile.
Time to stop the madness. Or I'll bring my emotional support king cobra on my next flight.

Online mountaineer

Many supposedly adult Americans are like little kids.
That's exactly it. Especially among the under-40 population, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find actual adults.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Screw you guys. If I can't take my service Appaloosa, I won't go.
Let me just say, if you could get an Appaloosa on a plane and in a seat then Dammit I say you've earned the right to take him! Just so long as you've got those extra jumbo size pampers for him that is.