Author Topic: Anti-Gun States Sue to Stop First Amendment, Impose Controls on Firearms Information  (Read 339 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ammoland  by Dean Weingarten 2/2/2020

On 23 January 2020, state Attorney Generals from California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia, filed a lawsuit against various officials in the State Department and the Commerce Department to prevent transfer of some items now under State Department regulation and the International Transfer in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to the Commerce Department.

The case was filed in the United States District Court in the Western District of Washington at Seattle.

Most of the above plaintiffs had previously filed a similar lawsuit to stop the implementation of temporary rules from a settlement which the State Department had made with Defense Distributed. That case is still being litigated in the same Court. The new case will likely be given to the same judge, Senior judge Lasnik.

Any appeal of the decision would be directed to the Ninth Circuit.

The lawsuit is a direct attempt by some state Attorney Generals to impose their version of international policy and subvert the First Amendment of the United States.

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/anti-gun-states-sue-to-stop-first-amendment-impose-controls-on-firearms-information/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, the suit seeks to prevent the transfer of Executive duties from one Cabinet-level department to another Cabinet-level department?  Silly me, I thought the President controls policy in the Executive Branch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

So, the suit seeks to prevent the transfer of Executive duties from one Cabinet-level department to another Cabinet-level department?  Silly me, I thought the President controls policy in the Executive Branch.

Hate-Trump Lawfare.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.