Author Topic: George H.W. Bush’s grandson running for Texas congressional seat on pro-Trump platform  (Read 833 times)

Offline mountaineer

George H.W. Bush’s grandson running for Texas congressional seat on pro-Trump platform
by Emily Jacobs
Jan. 30, 2020
Full story at NY Post

Republican House candidate Pierce Bush, the grandson of late President George H.W. Bush, has fully embraced President Trump as part of his campaign platform.

In a crowded race with at least 14 other candidates vying to fill the seat of retiring Rep. Pete Olson (R-Texas), Bush has decided to highlight his support of the current president — instead of putting a focus on his own family dynasty.

“[Trump’s accomplishments are] hard to argue with,” Bush told “Fox & Friends” during an appearance Wednesday morning. ...

Bush is CEO of the Texas affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters. After launching his congressional bid in December, he told NPR he planned to focus on his nonprofit work to promote his candidacy.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Not sure I wanna trust this guy. Can any Texans present provide any background?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am Texan, and my general observation is each Bush (GHWB, W, Jeb) started out touting a conservative cred, and then went soft afterwards. 

I'll pass on any further additons. to the legacy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

I am Texan, and my general observation is each Bush (GHWB, W, Jeb) started out touting a conservative cred, and then went soft afterwards. 
Good point, although I suppose we should try to find out what this young man truly is made of.

Offline skeeter

I'll pass on any further additons. to the legacy.

I wonder how much of that was due to the family matriarch.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Here is my take. If I am forced to vote in a election where one candidate is named Bush,and the other candidate is named Satan,I'm voting for Satan as the lesser of the two evils.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Here is my take. If I am forced to vote in a election where one candidate is named Bush,and the other candidate is named Satan,I'm voting for Satan as the lesser of the two evils.

Yikes!

Offline mountaineer

He first has to move into the district he hopes to represent, which is a bit of a turn off for me. Story.

Offline mountaineer

Rep. Pete Olson endorses Pierce Bush for soon-to-be-vacant Congressional seat in Fort Bend County
There's a lot of competition, but Bush received a huge endorsement on Monday.
Author: Ron Trevino
Published: 6:33 PM CST January 20, 2020
Updated: 8:01 PM CST January 20, 2020

FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas — Pierce Bush is facing more than a dozen other Republicans in the upcoming primary for Congressional District 22, but he's hoping Monday's endorsement will give him an edge.

It came from retiring Rep. Pete Olson.

Olson says he's backing Bush because he thinks he can win. ...KHOU

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He first has to move into the district he hopes to represent, which is a bit of a turn off for me. Story.

Are you kidding?  Bushes forever have put the "C" in Carpetbagging.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

Starting w/Obadiah, the Bush leaguers, have all been Establishment lefties!

Online roamer_1

There is only one time in my entire life that I agreed with Jesse Jackson:

Stay outta da Bushes.

Offline LadyLiberty

Unless something reaaly bad comes out of left field,  Nehls has my vote.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Looks like he is running the Big Brothers Big Sisters Texas organization and has been heavily involved with them for the past decade.

My daughter worked for this group for a number of years during this time, and will ask her.

Left a financial firm to work for a worthwhile non-profit, so that seems a commendable step.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

Left a financial firm to work for a worthwhile non-profit, so that seems a CALCULATED step TOWARDS A CAREER IN POLITICS.
There,fixed it for ya!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:01:56 pm by sneakypete »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Pierce Bush: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/pierce-bush/

5. Pierce Bush Is Married To Sarahbeth Bush & Has a Golden Retriever Winton Moose Who Has His Own Instagram Page With Nearly 100,000 Followers

Humor And Animals
@humorandanimals
many thanks to winston_moose for allowing the use of this video, you can check them out at http://instagram.com/winston_moose

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is only one time in my entire life that I agreed with Jesse Jackson:

Stay outta da Bushes.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
There,fixed it for ya!

I know its not a nice thing to say, but we need less Trust Fund Babies in places in power.  At his age and runnng non-profits?  How long was he on real jobs?

Offline GrouchoTex

FWIW, I like Troy Nehls for Texas 22nd district.

He is currently the Fort Bend County sheriff.

I think he is the best one running in the race, myself.

No Bushes............

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Doesn't seem he made much impact for Big Bro/Big Sis in his time there, from the feedback I received.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know its not a nice thing to say, but we need less Trust Fund Babies in places in power.  At his age and runnng non-profits?  How long was he on real jobs?

@catfish1957

Never. To paraphrase Dionne Warwhick,"That's what assistants are for......"

Offline mountaineer

What if he's nothing like uncles Jeb and Dubya and truly is a dyed-in-the-wool conservative? If that's the case, he's really going to have to prove it - somehow - because most reactions I've seen are like the ones here: no Bush dynasty, no more RINOs, no way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What if he's nothing like uncles Jeb and Dubya and truly is a dyed-in-the-wool conservative? If that's the case, he's really going to have to prove it - somehow - because most reactions I've seen are like the ones here: no Bush dynasty, no more RINOs, no way.

@mountaineer

An ounce of safety is worth more than a mountain of sorry. Once these political trust fund creatures get into public office,they never leave until they die or retire. Flat out,they are just too wealthy and too influential for any opponent to be able to defeat them. The Kennedy and Bush Crime Families are all the proof of this that anyone needs to see.

For example,how is that fat,borderline retarded,coward that left a woman to drown in a car while he swam to safety,Fat Teddy Kennedy referred to these days"?

"The LION of the Senate." If a coward like him that used political influence to serve in Germany for 2 years as a draftee to avoid serving in Korean during the Korean War,and who abandoned his trust-fund and political action campaign fund girlfriend to drown as he swam away is a "Lion",what does that make the rest of the Senate?

BTW,I forgot to mention that he was a STRONG advocate of gun control,yet his personal bodyguard was caught carrying a loaded Uzi submachine gun through the metal detectors at the Senate Building,and "The Fat Lion" used his political influence to have him released with no charges,and with his submachine gun returned to him.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:26:09 pm by sneakypete »