Author Topic: Jared Kushner reportedly used WhatsApp to chat with Mohammed bin Salman, who may have used the same  (Read 768 times)

Offline libertybele

Jared Kushner reportedly used WhatsApp to chat with Mohammed bin Salman, who may have used the same app to hack Jeff Bezos

Reports that President Donald Trump's son-in-law, the senior White House aide Jared Kushner, communicated with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on the messaging app WhatsApp caused a stir when they first emerged almost two years ago. 
But a new bombshell report from The Guardian suggesting that Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' phone was hacked by a malicious link sent by the de facto Saudi ruler's number on WhatsApp raises new concerns that Kushner could be vulnerable to similar hacking by the Saudi government.

The Guardian described a forensic analysis that concluded Bezos' phone was most likely infiltrated after he opened a video file sent to him from the crown prince's number in May 2018. After Bezos opened the file, data was rapidly extracted from his personal phone, the report said.

The Saudi Embassy in the US released a statement Tuesday night calling the reporting "absurd."

"Recent media reports that suggest the Kingdom is behind a hacking of Mr. Jeff Bezos' phone are absurd," the embassy tweeted. "We call for an investigation on these claims so that we can have all the facts out."The Intercept first reported in March 2018 that Kushner had messaged with the crown prince on WhatsApp, a popular encrypted communication app owned by Facebook. CNN reported the same in October 2018.

Kushner's lawyer Abbe Lowell told the House oversight committee in December 2018 that Kushner was using WhatsApp for official government communications, including with individuals outside the US..............

https://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-reportedly-used-whatsapp-mohammed-bin-salman-2020-1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ummmm, OK. WhatsApp is a common app used by millions. Does Business Insider have evidence that bin Salman hacked Kushner's phone? Or is this just recycling an old story to insinuate something for which there is zero evidence?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ummmm, OK. WhatsApp is a common app used by millions. Does Business Insider have evidence that bin Salman hacked Kushner's phone? Or is this just recycling an old story to insinuate something for which there is zero evidence?

Doesn't matter, We got 'im now!®
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

This beyond ridiculous.

I guess rat voters require nothing more of their party than an endless stream of vague accusations directed at their political opposites, amounting to heaven knows what.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:59:11 am by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Oh yeah it was a big deal about Hillary using a private server.  No biggy Sr. Advisor to the President using a public social media to communicate with the Prince of Saudi Arabia.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Oh yeah it was a big deal about Hillary using a private server.  No biggy Sr. Advisor to the President using a public social media to communicate with the Prince of Saudi Arabia.

Because Kushner using social media to message a Prince is exactly like Hillary using a private server for thousands of msgs while secty of state. ****slapping

Offline Chosen Daughter

Because Kushner using social media to message a Prince is exactly like Hillary using a private server for thousands of msgs while secty of state. ****slapping

Yeah, what's the difference?  The number?  Jared Kushner does everything Secty of State does.  I haven't seen much of a difference.  He is flying around the world representing us.  Making ME peace deals......etc.  Discussing government business should not be done on social media.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

How is that different from just using the phone to communicate with someone? The phone services are private companies too.

Is anyone alleging that classified information was being passed via social media?

The whole point of Hillary's private server being a problem is she was using it to store/transmit/receive classified information and it was unsecured and unsupervised for that purpose.

BIG difference.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess the President and his crew are not allowed to talk to foreigners any more.  Who knew?  That's a job for State Department drones.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

How is that different from just using the phone to communicate with someone? The phone services are private companies too.

Is anyone alleging that classified information was being passed via social media?

The whole point of Hillary's private server being a problem is she was using it to store/transmit/receive classified information and it was unsecured and unsupervised for that purpose.

BIG difference.

On May 18, 2017, it was reported that the European Commission would fine Facebook €110 million for "misleading" it during the 2014 takeover of WhatsApp. The Commission alleged that in 2014, when Facebook acquired the messaging app, it "falsely claimed it was technically impossible to automatically combine user information from Facebook and WhatsApp." However, in the summer of 2016, WhatsApp had begun sharing user information with its parent company, allowing information such as phone numbers to be used for targeted Facebook advertisements. Facebook acknowledged the breach, but said the errors in their 2014 filings were "not intentional."[85]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatsApp

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On May 18, 2017, it was reported that the European Commission would fine Facebook €110 million for "misleading" it during the 2014 takeover of WhatsApp. The Commission alleged that in 2014, when Facebook acquired the messaging app, it "falsely claimed it was technically impossible to automatically combine user information from Facebook and WhatsApp." However, in the summer of 2016, WhatsApp had begun sharing user information with its parent company, allowing information such as phone numbers to be used for targeted Facebook advertisements. Facebook acknowledged the breach, but said the errors in their 2014 filings were "not intentional."[85]

I remember that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dancer

But..but...but...Muh reports! :rolling:

Offline DB

What does that have to do with what I said? Or classified information being involved.

Offline EdinVA

It's a bombshell don't cha know...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moving to scandal watch   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.