Author Topic: Warren vows to create task force to investigate Trump administration 'corruption and incompetence' i  (Read 1087 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren vows to create task force to investigate Trump administration 'corruption and incompetence' if elected
by Tim Pearce
 | January 21, 2020 11:58 AM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren has promised to assign a federal task force to investigate the Trump administration if she is elected president.

The Massachusetts Democrat made the pledge on Tuesday, along with promising a host of other "anti-corruption reforms, democracy reforms, campaign finance reforms." She published an overview of her plans on her campaign website.

"On day one of my presidency, I will take aggressive steps to root out the corruption and incompetence of the Trump administration and to hold that administration accountable," Warren’s plan says.

"Donald Trump has run the most corrupt administration in history," Warren continues. "I will direct the Justice Department to establish a task force to investigate violations by Trump administration officials of federal bribery laws, insider trading laws, and other anti-corruption and public integrity laws, and give that task force independent authority to pursue any substantiated criminal and civil violations."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/warren-vows-to-create-task-force-to-investigate-trump-administration-corruption-and-incompetence-if-elected
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Shades of 'lock her up'... :whistle:

Offline PeteS in CA

I wonder how well this will play in Des Moines.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The difference between Warren supporters and Trump supporters is; Trump supports sign the front of checks.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,she IS something of an expert when it comes to corruption and incompetence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline darroll

Yep,
President Trump is making money stealing from our country.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Shades of 'lock her up'... :whistle:

Unfortunately,  Trump set himself up for this sort of banana republic-type crap.    But remember that Warren's threat isn't apparently limited to one person - she wants to harass, intimidate and prosecute those who've worked for the President generally.   It seems that the American traditions of the loyal opposition and the peaceful transfer of power are things of the past.   The hardening of our divisions continues apace . . . 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online roamer_1

Unfortunately,  Trump set himself up for this sort of banana republic-type crap.    But remember that Warren's threat isn't apparently limited to one person - she wants to harass, intimidate and prosecute those who've worked for the President generally.   It seems that the American traditions of the loyal opposition and the peaceful transfer of power are things of the past.   The hardening of our divisions continues apace . . .

Yeah, he did. And I agree most profoundly with your last two sentences. That is probably what I find to be the most distasteful about the Tump administration. Stooping to their level - And mark my words, Conservatism will get the blame.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Conservatism will get the blame.

Alas, the frequent explanation of conservatives as "victims."

It comes up here from time to time.

Often it is claimed to be Trump's fault.

Kristol, Will, Jeb bush, Amash, Flake, Sanford, Romney

Which one, is leader of the "Conservative Movement?"

Will somebody step up, claim responsibility for the victimhood, and pledge to improve the situation?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

Alas, the frequent explanation of conservatives as "victims."

It comes up here from time to time.

Often it is claimed to be Trump's fault.

Kristol, Will, Jeb bush, Amash, Flake, Sanford, Romney

Which one, is leader of the "Conservative Movement?"

Will somebody step up, claim responsibility for the victimhood, and pledge to improve the situation?

Go look and see how many +90% conservatives remain... Damn few... And yes, I DO blame Tump to a good degree for that.

Online roamer_1

So, EVERY GOP member of the House who voted against the Impeachment referral is not good enough for you?

EVERY GOP Senate member who voted against the Schumer/Shiff/Nadler bogus amendments to the McConnell rules on Day One isn't good enough for you?

EVERY GOP Senator who voted for the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh after historically dirty and controversial Leftist attacks wasn't good enough for you?

So ... who cares about your "opinion" of the Conservative fealty of current GOP members?    You're on a vanity mission.  Keep tilting, Quixote.

Suits me fine. I am still a rock-ribbed Reagan Conservative. What I am no longer is a Republican *SPIT*

I didn't leave them, they left me. And I am in no-wise alone.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump is stellar on the right to life, period.

If you aren't in that crowd, so be it but that's along with some folks' definition of conservatism. Don't leave that out.

Offline ArneFufkin

How did Trump "set himself up?"

Curious.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You could say you left the pro-life crowd too, *SPIT* 

Say different, Scot Walker, heck, even John Kasich and Chris Cristie have done a lot for the pro-life cause and that is Reaganism as much as anything.

I have my view, others can have their's.

Offline ArneFufkin

Trump is stellar on the right to life, period.

If you aren't in that crowd, so be it but that's along with some folks' definition of conservatism. Don't leave that out.

I never want to minimize the religious belief that every life is a gift from God that needs to be protected and nurtured.  I am committed to that.

But, there's a secular component that is absolutely integral to what America IS and has always BEEN!

.... We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness (aka Property) ...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How did Trump "set himself up?"

Curious.

I was responding to @roamer 's post.   Lock her up.  At his rallies he certainly didn't discourage the demand for prosecution of the losing party's candidate.  That's the kind of shit they pull in Venezuela.

Seems like Warren now wants to be a Chavista too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:09:58 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ArneFufkin

I was responding to @roamer 's post.   Lock her up.  At his rallies he certainly didn't discourage the demand for prosecution of the losing party's candidate.  That's the kind of shit they pull in Venezuela.

Seems like Warren now wants to be Chavista too.

Comey detailed the felonies Clinton committed.  The fact he and the other dirty cops/lawyers in the White House, FBI and DoJ chose to bury the crimes didn't make ANYTHING the crowds at the Trump rallies wrong or misguided.   She should finally be wearing one of her pantsuits, only in Orange.   She's the most corrupt individual I've ever witnessed.  Well ... maybe Soros ... but a close second.

Evil George and her sociopath husband, at least, have the sinister sense to "lay low" while their NYT/WaPo/CNN/NBC "Reich Ministers of Propaganda" do their thang.   

She belongs in jail and who cares if the pearl clutchers from National Review don't like it.  Trump's base KNOWS and they will always know.  I'm all for cathartic events when they are noble.  Trump crowds needed to vent, and he liked it and I liked it.  Wasn't gonna change anything, but it was FUN.  Hillary is an evil woman.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   That's the kind of shit they pull in Venezuela.

@Jazzhead

Bubbette! is the kind of candidate they have in places like Venezuela.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

You could say you left the pro-life crowd too, *SPIT* 

Say different, Scot Walker, heck, even John Kasich and Chris Cristie have done a lot for the pro-life cause and that is Reaganism as much as anything.

I have my view, others can have their's.

Still being a dick about talking about folks without a quote or a courtesy ping, eh, @TomSea

YES!! Republicans on Pro-Life. Where lip-service is always enough!  *****rollingeyes*****

As for Pro-Life, There is more then one way to skin that cat, and since the political will has never been there for that cause in the Republican Party, I have chosen another way. One does not need to be a Republican to save the lives of the unborn.

And unlike the YEARS, DECADES that I was involved in financing RTL, I now can point my finger at actual children, living today, that I had a personal hand in the decision to let them live. And their mothers, each and every one, have no regrets. And neither do I.

PS @Cyber Liberty : I did it again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Seems like Warren now wants to be a Chavista too.

Only to those who believe calling for prosecution of the guilty is the same as calling for the prosecution of the not guilty.

Online roamer_1

Only to those who believe calling for prosecution of the guilty is the same as calling for the prosecution of the not guilty.

To my knowledge, that requires adjudication. You know, According to the American Way.  :whistle:

Offline skeeter

To my knowledge, that requires adjudication. You know, According to the American Way.  :whistle:

Which requires credible evidence of actual crimes. Y'know, something worth investigating.

Offline ArneFufkin

Go look and see how many +90% conservatives remain... Damn few... And yes, I DO blame Tump to a good degree for that.

The GOP has never, in my lifetime, been more unified and Conservative than right now.   I don't care how the ACU or Heritage or whomever nitpicks Pubbie reps on a particular vote ... they are desperately looking to regain influence and MONEY in a DC milieu that Trump has completely turned upside down.

Who cares about the opinion of Bill Kristol, Jonah Goldberg, Steve Hayes, David Frum or the Heritage Foundation any more? All the hapless whores from the failed McCain and Romney campaigns?  They're the people who lined their pockets while the likes of Clinton, Bush and Obama destroyed our American blessing of freedom.  They're the guys who make their obscene money being out of political power, but really close to it.   Remember that Seger tune "Beautiful Loser"?  They're "Bountiful Losers".  Second best gets you a couple vacation homes if you're the GOP establishment.  And we get screwed.

I look at these recent IMPORTANT votes:  Kavanaugh, Judges, Tax Cuts, VA Reform, Impeachment.   The GOP has been unassailable behind these President's picks and conservative priorities.  He's changed the Party and is changing the zeitgeist in DC. 

I'm lovin' it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:45:41 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We've been watching a Prime Grade example of that on TeeVee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: