Author Topic: Police respond to 'active threat' at church outside of Fort Worth, Texas  (Read 2380 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Police respond to 'active threat' at church outside of Fort Worth, Texas
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 12:52:25 am »
This is what our church security team has been trained to observe:Star-Telegram

So they practice what the feds are forbidden to do and it saved lives..   Nice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 12:54:55 am »
Biden Attacked Texas Governor For Signing Law Letting Churchgoers Carry Guns: ‘Totally Irrational’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-attacked-texas-governor-for-signing-law-letting-churchgoers-carry-guns-totally-irrational/

This is why we need our guns.  Biden was put in charge by obama to REMOVE OUR GUNS.

"Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life," the governor said in a statement. "Cecilia and I ask all Texans to join us in praying for the White Settlement community and for all those affected by this horrible tragedy."

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 12:55:07 am »
So they practice what the feds are forbidden to do and it saved lives..   Nice.
Definitely. We've been trained by a former cop who cautioned us to look out for any suspicious behavior or appearance. I guess that means we're profiling.  :shrug: Hey, if it saves lives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 12:57:15 am »
Definitely. We've been trained by a former cop who cautioned us to look out for any suspicious behavior or appearance. I guess that means we're profiling.  :shrug: Hey, if it saves lives.

Yup.  Profiling saves lives.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 01:05:06 am »
Yup.  Profiling saves lives.
I do more than profiling.  Profiling just means observing.

I discriminate as there are certain types of people I choose not to be around.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 01:08:25 am »

I discriminate as there are certain types of people I choose not to be around.

Agreed.  I do the same.   

Online mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 01:09:56 am »
Still not identifying him. Just this:
... The FBI said Sunday evening that the gunman had been arrested in different jurisdicitions but declined to go into detail about any charges he’d faced. Although the man had roots in the area, it appears he may have been transient.   ...
Dallas News

Online Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 01:11:33 am »
Still not identifying him. Just this:Dallas News

Can you say...black muslum.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 01:23:12 am »
Still not identifying him. Just this:Dallas News
6 seconds is all it took to end the threat.

I wonder how long it would have taken the police to respond and how high the body count would have been if no one was armed?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Ducttape45

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 01:32:37 am »
Open carry saved the day in that church. Just think of the death toll if they didn't have armed security.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 01:35:26 am »
Open carry saved the day in that church. Just think of the death toll if they didn't have armed security.

Concealed Carry for the rest of us.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2019, 01:56:21 am »
I shudder to think how bad it could have been. 

The message is 'Try to harm me, and you will die' is what needs broadcasting to mitigate potential murderers.

BTW, welcome to TBR

@Ducttape45

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2019, 02:10:35 am »

I did not read where the security members were Open Carrying.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2019, 02:04:46 pm »
Daughter of deacon killed in Texas church shooting says she forgives gunman: report
By Amanda Woods
December 30, 2019 | 8:11am
The daughter of a deacon gunned down during the Texas church shootout recalled her dad’s heartbreaking final moments — but said in a new interview that she forgives the gunman.

Anton “Tony” Wallace, 64, a deacon and lifelong member of West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, a suburb of Fort Worth, was killed before his daughter’s eyes late Sunday morning.

Wallace’s daughter, Tiffany Wallace, told NBC DFW that her dad had just given out communion in the back of the church when a strange man walked up to him. ...
Full story

To all the leftists complaining that the name of the town is White Settlement and that it's 80% white, implying the church members somehow deserved it, this is Tony ...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 03:15:58 pm »
A good friend of mine attended this church.  I can't even imagine the horror....

Great shooting though.

A guy that sits behind me in church is armed with a handgun in his ankle holster.  He used to be a marksman in the Army.  Here's hoping his eyesight is still good if he ever has to pull the trigger.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 03:25:09 pm »
To all the leftists complaining that the name of the town is White Settlement and that it's 80% white, implying the church members somehow deserved it ...
[/quote]

Well, I'm not a leftist, but my first thought on seeing the name of the town was that it must be very old (early 19th Century, if not 18th?), and probably originated with Indians.

Heh! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Settlement,_Texas :

The name of "White Settlement" was originally bestowed upon the community by several Indigenous tribes in the area. The city got its name because it was the lone village of white pioneers amid several Native American encampments in the Fort Worth area in the Texas Republic territory in the 1840s.

I was close, just off on the time frame.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 04:16:10 pm »
The irrational one is Uncle Joe.
How about #creepyjoe?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 04:20:37 pm »
I shudder to think how bad it could have been. 

The message is 'Try to harm me, and you will die' is what needs broadcasting to mitigate potential murderers.

BTW, welcome to TBR

@Ducttape45
"In Texas, if you kill us. we'll kill you back." - Ron White

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 04:46:36 pm »
A good friend of mine attended this church.  I can't even imagine the horror....
Prayers for him and all of the members to deal with this awful experience and the loss of two of the brethern.
A guy that sits behind me in church is armed with a handgun in his ankle holster.  He used to be a marksman in the Army.  Here's hoping his eyesight is still good if he ever has to pull the trigger.
It really is imperative that congregations form trained security teams. Ours has been trained by a former military/law enforcement guy, and we regularly hit the range to maintain our skills. Another training service is Sheepdog Church Security. They regularly email helpful information about church security.

I sit in the choir loft (with my 9mm) at the back of the sanctuary, probably a good vantage point if a bad guy walks down the center aisle toward the front of the church. Mr. M is situated in the back pew with his .38 revolver (I know, I can't get him to replace it with a semi-automatic). Most on our team carry 9mms. Some cover the first service; we're in the second, which has smaller attendance. We need more team members, but it's been strangely difficult to persuade some of our concealed carry folks to participate. Apparently, they think they already know everything.  **nononono*

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 08:02:42 pm »
Prayers for him and all of the members to deal with this awful experience and the loss of two of the brethern.It really is imperative that congregations form trained security teams. Ours has been trained by a former military/law enforcement guy, and we regularly hit the range to maintain our skills. Another training service is Sheepdog Church Security. They regularly email helpful information about church security.

I sit in the choir loft (with my 9mm) at the back of the sanctuary, probably a good vantage point if a bad guy walks down the center aisle toward the front of the church. Mr. M is situated in the back pew with his .38 revolver (I know, I can't get him to replace it with a semi-automatic). Most on our team carry 9mms. Some cover the first service; we're in the second, which has smaller attendance. We need more team members, but it's been strangely difficult to persuade some of our concealed carry folks to participate. Apparently, they think they already know everything.  **nononono*
Once more of this activity is broadcasted, those who wish harm will go for the easier pickings, e.g. - schools, theaters, etc. where it remains illegal to have armed protection by private citizens.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 08:20:31 pm »
More info coming out.   Just a mater of time before they have to talk about the Muzzie in the killer.

Accused Monsey stabber Grafton Thomas spewed anti-Semitic hate in journal: feds

He had anti-Semitic hate in his heart and a violent attack on his mind.

Federal prosecutors revealed Monday that the maniac accused of stabbing five Jewish men in Monsey, N.Y., kept an anti-Semitic journal and googled “Why did Hitler hate the Jews” only two weeks before he burst into a Chanukah celebration with an 18-inch machete.

The new details about Grafton Thomas’s journal and internet search history contradicted claims by his family that he was not anti-Semitic but had long struggled with mental illness.

The journal, which investigators found at Thomas’s home in Greenwood Lake, included questions like “why ppl mourned for anti-Semitism when there is Semitic genocide” and references to “Adolf Hitler” and “Nazi culture” on the same page as drawings of a Star of David and swastika, prosecutors said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-monsey-stabber-charged-hate-crimes-20191230-r3tsypjsjjei7gkznebu7efshu-story.html

Offline berdie

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2019, 08:24:24 pm »
Once more of this activity is broadcasted, those who wish harm will go for the easier pickings, e.g. - schools, theaters, etc. where it remains illegal to have armed protection by private citizens.

I fear what you say is true @IsailedawayfromFR . These are strange times we live in.

I really think that part of the reason our young people are so ridiculous is because they are scared. Don't know about you but when I was a kid I never even thought to be scared to go to school, church, the mall or the movies. About the time I start  to pull my hair out about how they act I remember that in addition to the stupidity of their age that they deal with more than I ever did at their age...and they are scared. So am I!

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 08:27:01 pm »

The Second Amendment saved lives in Texas. It saves lives everywhere it’s unleashed

Once again we see it demonstrated in real life that the most effective response to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy — or multiple good guys — ready and willing to fire back. The sooner an armed attack is met with an armed response, the sooner the attack will be over.

Sunday morning in White Settlement, Texas, a Christian worship service was plunged into horror as a man armed with a shotgun walked into a church, walked up to someone serving communion, and fired before being shot by an armed churchgoer named Jack Wilson.

Some may try to explain away the facts of the matter by pointing out that the armed response came from volunteers on the church’s security team, and therefore this doesn’t fit in with the usual narrative of the “good guy with a gun.” Such arguments ignore the fact that, prior security arrangement or not, we’re still talking about church members responding with their own guns. He was a good guy, he had a gun, he used it to save lives............

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/second-amendment-saved-lives-texas-saves-lives-everywhere-unleashed/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »
The shooter that killed the perp with one head shot, took 5 seconds to fire.

Not super fast but accurate, nobody else hit.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2019, 08:50:13 pm »
The shooter that killed the perp with one head shot, took 5 seconds to fire.

Not super fast but accurate, nobody else hit.

Thought it was 3 seconds.