Author Topic: U.S. Army brings back Avengers in the face of Russian aggression  (Read 332 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Army brings back Avengers in the face of Russian aggression
10:29 (GMT+0000) December 27, 2019

The U.S. Army brings back its Avenger surface-to-air missile systems mounted on a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, commonly known as the Humvee.

Last year, the Army re-established an active SHORAD battalion in Germany. The 5th Battalion of the 4th Air Defense Artillery Regiment was stood up with Avenger systems that mounted on a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, commonly known as the Humvee, modified with a turret on top and two pods of Stinger missiles.

The combined weapon system provides mobile protection against missiles, low-flying aircraft and most recently – unmanned aerial vehicles.

https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-army-brings-back-avengers-in-the-face-of-russian-aggression.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: U.S. Army brings back Avengers in the face of Russian aggression
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
I HAD to click on this link because I wondering "What the HELL is the US Army doing with attack jet aircraft?" I knew about Avenger fighter-bombers,but had never even heard a whisper about Avenger rockets on humvees.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!