Author Topic: Nike Releases Colin Kaepernick’s Signature Shoe Two Days Before Christmas  (Read 1386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nike Releases Colin Kaepernick’s Signature Shoe Two Days Before Christmas
Warner Todd Huston 23 Dec 2019

Nike released its Air Force 1 ’07 x Colin Kaepernick shoe on Monday, featuring a celebration of the first time Kaepernick began protesting during the national anthem. The shoe was an early Christmas gift to the sportswear giant and sold out in less than two hours.

The low sneaker features a black body with white highlights and includes a gradient swoosh on the sides. The uppers are complete with a stylized image of Kaepernick on the heel plate. But most pointedly, on the bottom of the right foot is imprinted the numbers 081416, representing the August 14 date that Kaepernick first began protesting during the anthem in 2016.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/12/23/nike-releases-colin-kaepernicks-signature-shoe-two-days-before-christmas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Those look ridiculous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Well, we always buy Nike shoes for my grandson.  Not anymore.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe the weekend after Christmas I'll wander over to Sports Basement to see if they have any really good deals on Altra, Brooks, Hoka, or Mizuno.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

Maybe the weekend after Christmas I'll wander over to Sports Basement to see if they have any really good deals on Altra, Brooks, Hoka, or Mizuno.

I normally buy New Balance for myself -- great walking shoe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
122420. Still not in the NFL.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Slide Rule

I normally buy New Balance for myself -- great walking shoe.

I have been buying New Balance shoes for over 30 years. Bought them
when I worked in the Bahamas.

Bought them when we vacationed at Disneyland. Thought I would be
side lined for most of the time. My experience was I walked all day
every day.

A great shoe. New Balance.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online mountaineer

I wonder if they fall apart while you're wearing them, like Zion Williamson's Nike basketball shoe. If they're the usual Nike crap, it's likely.
Ursula Perano
15 hours ago
Nike's Colin Kaepernick shoes sell out on first day

Adult sizes of Nike's "True to 7" sneakers, which pay tribute to former NFL quarterback and political activist Colin Kaepernick, sold out on their first day, according to the company website.  ...
Axios

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that saves me the headache of running right out and not buying them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The irony is this guy was theoretically protesting Police abuse of minorities.
However, hundreds of young Black men are going to be beaten, shot, and stabbed by other Black men over his shoes. LOL
The most dangerous person in the Black community is not a Cop.
It is another Black person who wants your stuff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

goopo

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
At least there are no reports (so far) of people being trampled to death at a shoe sale.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nike released some Red basketball shoe a few years ago.
It was selling for some $300+ dollars.
It became a bright 'MUG ME' sign for everyone who wore them.
Hundreds of people were mugged for their shoes, and dozens were injured or killed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

122420. Still not in the NFL.

Why would he want to exert himself by playing when he can sell shoes and go around the country being an "activist?"  He has a much better gig now being a whiner.  Safer than risking getting your bell ring on the playing field. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Nike does not make crap. They've hitched their wagon to a race-baiting jackass. They may be priced higher than many folks want to pay (though $19.95 No-Names are probably not good for wearers' feet, in the long term). But Nike products are not crap.

New Balance makes good shoes. Due to plantar fasciitis - currently in "remission" (borrowing a term from the world of oncology) - I actually need the cushioning of the higher-end brands I listed above. Nike may have a suitable model, but due to Kaep I'm not buying Nike. Altra, Brooks, Hoka, and Mizuno all have shoe models with the cushioning I need, and their quality is at least as good as Nike.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nike Releases Colin Kaepernick’s Signature Shoe Two Days Before Christmas
Warner Todd Huston 23 Dec 2019

Nike released its Air Force 1 ’07 x Colin Kaepernick shoe on Monday, featuring a celebration of the first time Kaepernick began protesting during the national anthem. The shoe was an early Christmas gift to the sportswear giant and sold out in less than two hours.

Once the Christmas welfare money runs out,Nike will be lucky to give them away.

The low sneaker features a black body with white highlights and includes a gradient swoosh on the sides.

That's appropriate,since the low sneaker whose name is on them has the same description.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Nike does not make crap. They've hitched their wagon to a race-baiting jackass. They may be priced higher than many folks want to pay (though $19.95 No-Names are probably not good for wearers' feet, in the long term). But Nike products are not crap.
Some of them are.

My husband - a marathoner for 40 years - worked for Nike in Beaverton in the 1980s. He wore-tested their running shoes and found that a particular model met his needs. Since then, and even since leaving Nike, he consistently bought that model of shoe. They rebrand the shoe every year, making a few tweaks to its appearance and, supposedly, to improve performance. The last time he bought that shoe, it was inferior to all previous years' models. It had no cushioning, no support and broke down after just a few miles.

He's wearing adidas now and training for another marathon.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:46:18 pm by mountaineer »

Offline goatprairie

Why would he want to exert himself by playing when he can sell shoes and go around the country being an "activist?"  He has a much better gig now being a whiner.  Safer than risking getting your bell ring on the playing field.
He is a "professional victim." That fits him well with the modern left. Maybe the left always attempted to portray everybody but rich, white  people as victims.
But now we have super rich, black people (like Kaepernick) trying to portray themselves as victims. It's a good life if (1)  someone pays you well (2) you get applauded for your deeds by many people  and (3) you have no conscience.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nike’s new Colin Kaepernick sneakers sell out in one day
https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/nikes-new-colin-kaepernick-sneakers-sell-out-in-one-day/?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

New Balance makes good shoes. Due to plantar fasciitis - currently in "remission" (borrowing a term from the world of oncology) - I actually need the cushioning of the higher-end brands I listed above. Nike may have a suitable model, but due to Kaep I'm not buying Nike. Altra, Brooks, Hoka, and Mizuno all have shoe models with the cushioning I need, and their quality is at least as good as Nike.

Look at your post. Nike makes crap. They merely rely on marketing.  Better shoes at a better price from other "brands".  You know the difference don't you.

And yes. Yes I am. Calling you out on your BS.

Paint yourself blue and run thru the forest nekked  then tell me. Contributor.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 04:21:31 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

Look at your post. Nike makes crap. They merely rely on marketing.  Better shoes at a better price from other "brands".  You know the difference don't you.

And yes. Yes I am. Calling you out on your BS.

Paint yourself blue and run thru the forest nekked  then tell me. Contributor.

What is your problem?

I said what I meant and meant what I said. Nike doesn't make crap. They are quality-price competitive from the low-end shoes available at places like Kohl's up to the high-end shoes generally carried by athletic equipment specialty stores.

I started participating with regularity in running events, street/road and trail, in 2014, though my first three half marathons were in 2012 and 2013. I've seen the competitive runners and slowpoke walkers like me. I've seen ultra-marathoners, people who have run selective prestige marathons (e.g. Boston or London or Chicago), and pacers from local running clubs. Nike is as well or more represented than New Balance or Brooks among those runners, people who can't "afford" to buy crap because poor-quality or wrong-type shoes increase the risk of injury.

I wore mostly Nike shoes until from 2011 through early 2018. I'm familiar with their quality. I won't buy their products because they support and feature that race-baiter Kaepernick. But I won't lie by denigrating their quality. Nike is quality-price competitive in apples-apples competitive comparisons.

Offline Slide Rule

Nike makes crap?  Don't know. Couldn't care less.

Nike sells crap.  Every day. And some here buy it
by the shoe full.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline PeteS in CA

IOW, the sneakers sold out, too.

Judging from the soles of the Kaep shoes, those look to be fashion, not athletic, shoes. I'm not sure they would have decent arch support, let alone decent cushioning. If I'm going to pay $110 for a pair of shoes (which I haven't), they're going to be one of the brands I mentioned above (and maybe higher end New Balance, if suitable), not Nike, and not fashion faux-athletic shoes.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Judging from the soles of the Kaep shoes, those look to be fashion, not athletic, shoes. I'm not sure they would have decent arch support, let alone decent cushioning. If I'm going to pay $110 for a pair of shoes (which I haven't), they're going to be one of the brands I mentioned above (and maybe higher end New Balance, if suitable), not Nike, and not fashion faux-athletic shoes.

The only thing those shoes are good for is to step in fresh dog shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.