Author Topic: The Democrats are imploding By Thomas Lifson  (Read 413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democrats are imploding By Thomas Lifson
« on: December 17, 2019, 02:18:19 pm »
December 17, 2019
The Democrats are imploding
By Thomas Lifson

It’s too soon to predict that the Democrats will go the way of the Whigs, but the oldest political party in the world is tripping over its own doctrines, making a public spectacle of its inability to coherently sponsor debates, riven by ideological fissures that seem to be widening, driving away two bedrock constituencies, white working class and black voters, and hitching itself to a doomed impeachment effort that could cost it dearly next November.

It’s a great time to be alive if you are a Republican!

Consider the forthcoming presidential debates.

Next Thursday’s scheduled debate is being boycotted by all its candidates because the food service provider at the host institution, Loyola Marymount University  -- itself a second choice venue after UCLA was chosen and rejected because of a strike there – is experiencing a strike, and the candidates refuse to cross a picket line. DNC Chair Tom Perez, a former Secretary of Labor, is leaning hard on the parties to the strike to settle their differences (do you suspect there may be some quid pro quo promises?), so the squabble between the two constituencies of the Democrats, higher education and left wing labor unions.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/the_democrats_are_imploding.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Democrats are imploding By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 01:48:54 am »
From the article:
"It’s too soon to predict that the Democrats will go the way of the Whigs, but the oldest political party in the world is tripping over its own doctrines, making a public spectacle of its inability to coherently sponsor debates, riven by ideological fissures that seem to be widening, driving away two bedrock constituencies, white working class and black voters, and hitching itself to a doomed impeachment effort that could cost it dearly next November."

I'd like to believe this.
But... I don't.

The upcoming 2020 election results bring to mind a scene from the film "Little Big Man". In that scene, Jack Crabb, the only white survivor of the Battle of the Little Big Horn, is brought to the tent of the chief Old Lodge Skins. The old man tells young Crabb "We won today; we won't win tomorrow". What appears to be a great victory for the Indians, only precedes a greater downfall, because "whatever you say about the white man, there are just too many of them". The Chief, even though blind, can see the future of his people clearly.

And that's how I see the confrontation between the traditional America (represented by the Republicans and particuarly by Mr. Trump), and the growing demographic hordes of the left.

There are just too many of them.
And their numbers are growing, while ours are barely holding steady, and may even be on the verge of decline.

Look what happened to California, and what's happening elsewhere, particularly Virginia, Florida, and most importantly in Texas. Uncontrolled immigration and leftist policies in the big cities are going to "tip the demographics" to those who are anathema to "traditional America".

I sense Mr. Trump may become the next-to-last Republican president. I believe another Republican candidate (not yet known) just might be able to "ride his coattails" in 2024, but after that, things don't look so good. "The numbers" may just not be there any longer.

Mr. Trump will survive the impeachment in good shape.
He'll probably go on to a win in 2020 that is more impressive than 2016.

But beyond that?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 03:05:53 am »
More hot air.
Er........the Tory (conservative ) Party/UK began in 1678, some 350 years past.
If the Democrats fade, it'll be a do-over, as Slavery/Civil War triggered the first.
Maybe Republicrats are cheering but voters shouldn't, as the GOP is arguably
one of the most overrated collections of jackasses in the history of politics.
Someone alert this journo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 12:18:34 pm »
From the article:
"It’s too soon to predict that the Democrats will go the way of the Whigs, but the oldest political party in the world is tripping over its own doctrines, making a public spectacle of its inability to coherently sponsor debates, riven by ideological fissures that seem to be widening, driving away two bedrock constituencies, white working class and black voters, and hitching itself to a doomed impeachment effort that could cost it dearly next November."

I'd like to believe this.
But... I don't.

The upcoming 2020 election results bring to mind a scene from the film "Little Big Man". In that scene, Jack Crabb, the only white survivor of the Battle of the Little Big Horn, is brought to the tent of the chief Old Lodge Skins. The old man tells young Crabb "We won today; we won't win tomorrow". What appears to be a great victory for the Indians, only precedes a greater downfall, because "whatever you say about the white man, there are just too many of them". The Chief, even though blind, can see the future of his people clearly.

And that's how I see the confrontation between the traditional America (represented by the Republicans and particuarly by Mr. Trump), and the growing demographic hordes of the left.

There are just too many of them.
And their numbers are growing, while ours are barely holding steady, and may even be on the verge of decline.

Look what happened to California, and what's happening elsewhere, particularly Virginia, Florida, and most importantly in Texas. Uncontrolled immigration and leftist policies in the big cities are going to "tip the demographics" to those who are anathema to "traditional America".

I sense Mr. Trump may become the next-to-last Republican president. I believe another Republican candidate (not yet known) just might be able to "ride his coattails" in 2024, but after that, things don't look so good. "The numbers" may just not be there any longer.

Mr. Trump will survive the impeachment in good shape.
He'll probably go on to a win in 2020 that is more impressive than 2016.

But beyond that?

@Fishrrman

Sadly,I agree with everything you wrote,BUT.....,there is a CHANCE of this changing if enough Republican congressmen are elected in the next 4 years to repeal the open borders laws,and write new laws making rooting out and deporting illegals a priority.

Maybe most important of all,change the damn election laws making it damn near impossible for illegal aliens to vote,and removing the tax-exempt status on religions,who are making BIG bucks from government contracts for serving the needs of illegals,as well as getting a cut of their welfare money.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 12:47:39 pm »
@Fishrrman

Sadly,I agree with everything you wrote,BUT.....,there is a CHANCE of this changing if enough Republican congressmen are elected in the next 4 years to repeal the open borders laws,and write new laws making rooting out and deporting illegals a priority.

Maybe most important of all,change the damn election laws making it damn near impossible for illegal aliens to vote,and removing the tax-exempt status on religions,who are making BIG bucks from government contracts for serving the needs of illegals,as well as getting a cut of their welfare money.

The left don’t need illegal immigration. They got the government schools locked up tight and churning out little communists like widgets on a production line.

Long live the cultural revolution!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 01:09:44 pm »
The left don’t need illegal immigration. They got the government schools locked up tight and churning out little communists like widgets on a production line.

Long live the cultural revolution!

@aligncare

Correct me if I am wrong,but don't the children of illegal aliens go to our schools,requiring them to lower the teaching standards even further because of so many students that don't read,write,or speak English?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!