Author Topic: Catherine Royalty, 104-year-old World War II veteran, receives Quilt of Valor  (Read 497 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Sarah Self-Walbrick 12/13/2019

The bombing of Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941 sparked patriotism in Catherine Royalty. She soon after enlisted in the women’s branch of the U.S. Navy.

To commemorate that anniversary 78 years later, two local groups made a quilt to give to the 104-year-old World War II veteran.

The Francis Rainey Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution and Quilts of Valor Hub City Freedom Quilters presented Royalty with the handmade quilt Thursday at Royalty’s senior living community.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/12/catherine-royalty-104-year-old-world-war-ii-veteran-receives-quilt-of-valor/

The Francis Rainey Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution and Quilts of Valor Hub
 City Freedom Quilters made a Quilt of Valor for 104-year-old World War II veteran
Catherine Royalty and presented it her on Dec. 5, 2019. [Sarah Self-Walbrick/A-J Media]

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good on all of them. This is the way people are SUPPOSED to act.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Royalty said she only worked in a post office, and was not sure if her service qualified her for such a gift. Hub City Freedom Quilters Group Leader Sonja Mater assured her every job mattered.

Logistics - from the fields of crops and POs to transport to the men in the lines and on the ships and planes - was something that the US did better in WW2 than other combatant nations (possibly excepting the Brits).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Logistics - from the fields of crops and POs to transport to the men in the lines and on the ships and planes - was something that the US did better in WW2 than other combatant nations (possibly excepting the Brits).

@PeteS in CA

It pains me to admit it,but the people in the supply chain to the rear are more responsible for winning wars than the infantry is. Nobody EVER won a war without the backing of the clerks and jerks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

@PeteS in CA

It pains me to admit it,but the people in the supply chain to the rear are more responsible for winning wars than the infantry is. Nobody EVER won a war without the backing of the clerks and jerks.

I have to agree @sneakypete .  There are no unimportant jobs in any operation or company. They all make the wheels turn.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I have to agree @sneakypete .  There are no unimportant jobs in any operation or company. They all make the wheels turn.

My mom spent some time in France, in the Army, during WWII. She had told me that one of her tasks, was to try and rip uniforms, that were going to our troops, to make sure they would hold up.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
"The amateurs discuss tactics: the professionals discuss logistics" ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA

My Dad and one of his brothers were 4-F. And they were farmer raising food. Their other brother was in the Army, working as a mechanic. There's no pain in acknowledging that the logistical chain supplying the guys who are literally fighting. Nor in acknowledging the particular courage and grit of those who did the fighting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.