Author Topic: (Hockey) Paralyzed Humboldt Broncos player moves legs after experimental surgery in Thailand  (Read 517 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Calgary
Paralyzed Humboldt Broncos player moves legs after experimental surgery in Thailand
'It just blows me away,' says mother. 'It made me just bawl'
Joel Dryden · CBC News · Posted: Nov 06, 2019 11:51 AM MT

Ryan Straschnitzki was one of 13 players injured when a truck driver blew through a stop sign and into the path of the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team's bus in Saskatchewan. Sixteen others died. (Twitter)

A hockey player from Alberta who was paralyzed in last year's Humboldt Broncos bus crash has begun moving his legs after receiving experimental spinal surgery in Thailand — nearly kicking his therapist and asking if he could hit the gym.

Ryan Straschnitzki, a 20-year-old from Airdrie, Alta., was one of 13 junior hockey team players injured when a truck driver blew through a stop sign and collided with the Saskatchewan team's bus, killing 16 others in April 2018.

Straschnitzki was paralyzed from the chest down.

Read more at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ryan-straschnitzki-ryan-humboldt-broncos-thailand-airdrie-1.5350117

Survivor of bus crash that killed a number of persons up there in Canada. I  thought this was quite an interesting story.

Yes, the story of the crash and verdict has been covered in this forum.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:24:32 am by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

Yes, I remember this story. I hope this young man makes much more progress.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org