Author Topic: Israel’s UN envoy: Erdogan has turned Turkey into a ‘regional hub for terror’  (Read 271 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israel’s UN envoy: Erdogan has turned Turkey into a ‘regional hub for terror’
Danon tells Security Council that Ankara is persecuting Kurds in Turkey and sending troops ‘to massacre Kurdish people in Syria as well’
By Agencies and TOI staff   29 October 2019

Israel's Ambassador Danny Danon speaks in the Security Council at United Nations headquarters, Monday, April 29, 2019. (AP/Richard Drew)

Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations on Monday blasted Turkey’s invasion of Syria, and accused Ankara of promoting anti-Semitism and the ethnic cleansing of Kurds.

Danny Danon told the Security Council’s monthly Middle East meeting that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan “has been destabilizing the region through violence and supporting terror organizations,” adding that Turkey’s “shocking” incursion into Syria had come as no surprise.

Once-warm relations between Israel and Turkey have greatly deteriorated since Erdogan came to power. The Islamist leader is a vocal critic of Israeli policies toward the Palestinians, particularly in Gaza, and he has good relations with the territory’s terrorist Hamas rulers.

Read more at: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-un-envoy-erdogan-has-turned-turkey-into-a-regional-hub-for-terror/

One tweet this morning says that Israel closed their Ankara embassy, such acts can often be temporary. With Mossad and some of the best intelligence in the world, I'd listen to what Israel says.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And the action made Israel less secure.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.