Author Topic: The Media is a Threat to America. And it’s destroying the country.  (Read 255 times)

rangerrebew

The Media is a Threat to America

And it’s destroying the country.
Fri Oct 25, 2019 Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical Left and Islamic terrorism.

It’s always bad news for the media.

Verizon is looking to dump the Huffington Post. It’s the latest bad news for the industry in a year that has already seen over 7,200 job cuts across the media spectrum from digital to old-fashioned print.

Why should the rest of the country care about what’s happening to the media industry?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/10/media-threat-america-daniel-greenfield/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:

"We’ve seen that anytime you break away from the Trump story and cover other events in this era, the audience goes away," CNN boss Jeff Zucker admitted. "Right now, Donald Trump dominates.”

TBR is a Microcosm of the media at large:  Just about every political Topic gets twisted into another front in the damned Trump War.  Not every political story is about Donald Trump, but they end up being one before the 50th post.  That frustrates this Admin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

FTA:

TBR is a Microcosm of the media at large:  Just about every political Topic gets twisted into another front in the damned Trump War.  Not every political story is about Donald Trump, but they end up being one before the 50th post.  That frustrates this Admin.

It is what it is...
The problem with a tarbaby is that no one knows it's a tarbaby...  :whistle:

Offline goatprairie

Last night, as usual, I switched the channel over to the ten o'clock news per my wife's request. I can do without watching the standard stories usually concerning some local teacher being congratulated for being nice to her students or some other trivial local story. But my wife demands to watch it every night.
Lately the local CBS affiliate has been opening with stories about Trump's impending impeachment and how it "looks bad" for the obviously criminal (in their inference) behavior of Trump and his associates.
So last night we started watching the news thinking that this time they'd open with further info about the killing of Al-Baghdadi.
No story...not one single word about the killing of the biggest Islamic terrorist since Bin-Laden.
As usual, they opened with news about the latest developments in Trump's impeachment focusing on their hero Adam Schiff's words concerning all the terrible crimes Trump has committed. He couldn't name any actually, but the segment went on for five minutes.
Meanwhile, not one word about killing Baghdadi.
This is par for the course for the local affiliate. I don't know if they're taking orders on what to air from the big shots at the national office, but 99% of the news we get about what goes on nationally is given a heavy liberal/Democrat slant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:04:20 pm by goatprairie »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is what it is...
The problem with a tarbaby is that no one knows it's a tarbaby...  :whistle:

The first rule about the tarbaby, is never talk about the tarbaby.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Last night, as usual, I switched the channel over to the ten o'clock news per my wife's request. I can do without watching the standard stories usually concerning some local teacher being congratulated for being nice to her students or some other trivial local story. But my wife demands to watch it every night.
Lately the local CBS affiliate has been opening with stories about Trump's impending impeachment and how it "looks bad" for the obviously criminal (in their inference) behavior of Trump and his associates.
So last night we started watching the news thinking that this time they'd open with further info about the killing of Al-Baghdadi.
No story...not one single word about the killing of the biggest Islamic terrorist since Bin-Laden.
As usual, they opened with news about the latest developments in Trump's impeachment focusing on their hero Adam Schiff's words concerning all the terrible crimes Trump has committed. He couldn't name any actually, but the segment went on for five minutes.
This is par for the course for the local affiliate. I don't know if they're taking orders on what to air from the big shots at the national office, but 99% of the news we get about what goes on nationally is given a heavy liberal/Democrat slant.

I detest local news.  I call it "nod-and-giggle" news.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I actually seek it out now.
The only news I get anymore is here, and whatever Giggle serves up.
There is a serious disconnect wrt local news in that.
So I have begun scanning the Daily Interlake, the Beacon, and the Hungry Horse News (all local papers), and I am fixing to install a antenna for the TV so I can get local news back.

I am so disconnected that I did not know a Sheriff's Deputy a couple counties over had been shot. Would have gone to that funeral had I known. That kind of thing is happening over and again.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I actually seek it out now.
The only news I get anymore is here, and whatever Giggle serves up.
There is a serious disconnect wrt local news in that.
So I have begun scanning the Daily Interlake, the Beacon, and the Hungry Horse News (all local papers), and I am fixing to install a antenna for the TV so I can get local news back.

I am so disconnected that I did not know a Sheriff's Deputy a couple counties over had been shot. Would have gone to that funeral had I known. That kind of thing is happening over and again.

I recently started taking a newspaper, after many years.  It's local, and other than the AP dispatch stories, it has good reporters here in town.  I see them all the time.  The AP stories are left-wing biased crap.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I recently started taking a newspaper, after many years.  It's local, and other than the AP dispatch stories, it has good reporters here in town.  I see them all the time.  The AP stories are left-wing biased crap.

I actually miss the physical paper... The rattle of pages over coffee in the morning... But I do not miss it enough to justify the subscription price.

All of my media is electronic now...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I actually miss the physical paper... The rattle of pages over coffee in the morning... But I do not miss it enough to justify the subscription price.

All of my media is electronic now...

We've been looking to get involved in the community and GOP, so it's a great way to keep up with the events.  The GOP here really is conservative.  The TEA Party Patriots meet every other week.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

Re: The Media is a Threat to America. And it’s destroying the country.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 07:16:59 pm »
The Media has been a serious threat to our culture/society for a long time and the
damage has already been done, as anyone aware of our decline/decay is acutely aware.
The media, during the past 75 years, has evolved into a posse of Carny Barkers,
having Peddlers Platforms of stuff, running the gamut from pillows to politics which
they hawk as long as it fattens their wallets along w/the crony capitalists they shill for.
As for real News, it is prior non-existent factual information; hardly the gossip, hearsay
and innuendo currently on continuous display.
Sadly for the oblivious, they will simply continue to click the on switch to be entertained,
blissfully indifferent to being manipulated and misled!!!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:08:23 pm by Absalom »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 07:27:53 pm »
I get my news from the Babylon Bee.  It is more truthful than any of the MSM outlets.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:24 pm »
It's not even local anymore. The gaggle of mid-sized companies that owned local TV stations are being gobbled up, and now chances are, you have Nexstar, Sinclair, Gray, Tegna, Scripps and/or network O&O's owning a majority of the stations in every market it seems.

The independent television operator is a dying breed... and the ones that survive don't typically do local news.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 10:08:52 pm »
It's not even local anymore. The gaggle of mid-sized companies that owned local TV stations are being gobbled up, and now chances are, you have Nexstar, Sinclair, Gray, Tegna, Scripps and/or network O&O's owning a majority of the stations in every market it seems.

The independent television operator is a dying breed... and the ones that survive don't typically do local news.

Your "local" news outlets are most likely all owned by large corporations that have holdings in many different areas.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 10:22:56 pm »

I stopped watching TV and the local news long ago; it was too frustrating.  I watch movies once in awhile.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 12:13:38 am »
I don't watch television news - ANY of it. No national. No local.
I don't listen to the radio, no news - ANY of it. No national. No local.
I don't read print newspapers - ANY of them.
I don't visit "mainstream" media news sites on the net. If there's one thing they are NOT, it's "mainstream".

I do spend every morning at breakfast reading from The Washington Times web site.
And of course, I visit this site, along with "that other one".

I will admit to checking Drudge now and then, but lately, his site seems to be "listing leftward". Perhaps he just emphasizes certain things to get more hits.

Having said all this, I put up a post a day or two ago on what must be done to remove the leftist/communist influences in media and education. You can read it in 30 seconds here:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,380359.msg2082327.html#msg2082327