Author Topic: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 05:58:09 pm »
Strange...for a young man not to like the chance to go to the World Series.     :shrug:

I'm not sure Barron got a vote in this @DCPatriot   I give Melania credit for attending, but after watching her husband strap on a bulletproof vest I'd not be surprised if she is the one who said Barron stays home.

Just my $.02

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 06:18:25 pm »
I'm not sure Barron got a vote in this @DCPatriot   I give Melania credit for attending, but after watching her husband strap on a bulletproof vest I'd not be surprised if she is the one who said Barron stays home.

Just my $.02

I just knew that he'd get that reception, and is why I'm glad he didn't throw out the 1st pitch.

I'm surprised all law enforcement at the stadium had loaded weapons and that they weren't empty....like my son did while guarding US Army vehicles in Germany. 

...didn't want an ordinary soldier causing an international event.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 06:22:03 pm »
So what? They have a right to boo the President.
I'm not a huge Trump fan, but this is the WS. If you don't like the president, at least respect the office.  If I'm there and Obama was president, I wouldn't applaud, but I wouldn't boo either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 07:01:31 pm »
Strange...for a young man not to like the chance to go to the World Series.     :shrug:

@DCPatriot

I am guessing there are two reasons for this. One being that he is autistic,and not interested in baseball games. The other is "he is autistic,and his parents know the left will scream insults like "dummy" at him if he goes out to the ball park with his parents.

BTW,he will be autistic all his life,but it is much,MUCH worse when you are a child and don't understand what is going on. As you mature and gain a better understanding of the world around you,your life becomes MUCH better. I grew up autistic,and life was horrible from about the 3 grade to the 8th grade. I stood out from the other students academically,and due to the twitches I had to control rigidly,I was shy and being the center of attention only made it worse. The one thing you don't want to be when you are a child is a freak,and autism is pretty freakish to those who don't understand what is going on. Truth to tell,it is pretty damn freakish to those that have it.

About the time I hit the 8th grade I would just smack anybody in the mouth that tried to make fun of me,and that did the trick. Not only did people quit making fun of me,but the twitches even went away.

BTW,I was one of the VERY lucky ones that didn't have any of the vocal stuff going on.  I know a local man who is now in his 60's whose whole life has been a nightmare because he has both the twitches and the "shout outs". Needless to say,screaming out "MoFo's!" in church tended to put a severe kink in his social life. I don't think he has ever even had a date,and he still lives at home with his father,and is still unemployable. Still,if he had not grown up in such a rural area and had of had access to other children with similar problems,chances are he could have "outgrown" most of it. It never goes away,but it does become controllable. My advantage was I grew up in a city,and didn't stand out everywhere I went because not everybody knew me. Looking back,this gave me time to see how other people acted normally,and to adjust.

I sometimes still get twitches,but I think now they are more due to being old and not very active physically or mentally. I just get bored and they show up to give me something to do. I used to come home from elementary school with my neck so stiff from my determination to not twitch that I couldn't turn my head.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:02:43 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »

@kevindavis

Do they also have the right to boo his wife,who stays out of politics,and to boo his minor son?

Online libertybele

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 07:15:46 pm »
@DCPatriot

I am guessing there are two reasons for this. One being that he is autistic,and not interested in baseball games. The other is "he is autistic,and his parents know the left will scream insults like "dummy" at him if he goes out to the ball park with his parents.

BTW,he will be autistic all his life,but it is much,MUCH worse when you are a child and don't understand what is going on. As you mature and gain a better understanding of the world around you,your life becomes MUCH better. I grew up autistic,and life was horrible from about the 3 grade to the 8th grade. I stood out from the other students academically,and due to the twitches I had to control rigidly,I was shy and being the center of attention only made it worse. The one thing you don't want to be when you are a child is a freak,and autism is pretty freakish to those who don't understand what is going on. Truth to tell,it is pretty damn freakish to those that have it.

About the time I hit the 8th grade I would just smack anybody in the mouth that tried to make fun of me,and that did the trick. Not only did people quit making fun of me,but the twitches even went away.

BTW,I was one of the VERY lucky ones that didn't have any of the vocal stuff going on.  I know a local man who is now in his 60's whose whole life has been a nightmare because he has both the twitches and the "shout outs". Needless to say,screaming out "MoFo's!" in church tended to put a severe kink in his social life. I don't think he has ever even had a date,and he still lives at home with his father,and is still unemployable. Still,if he had not grown up in such a rural area and had of had access to other children with similar problems,chances are he could have "outgrown" most of it. It never goes away,but it does become controllable. My advantage was I grew up in a city,and didn't stand out everywhere I went because not everybody knew me. Looking back,this gave me time to see how other people acted normally,and to adjust.

I sometimes still get twitches,but I think now they are more due to being old and not very active physically or mentally. I just get bored and they show up to give me something to do. I used to come home from elementary school with my neck so stiff from my determination to not twitch that I couldn't turn my head.

There are different 'degrees' or spectrums of autism ranging from low functioning to highly functional.  Highly functional of course is the best case and many times overcome or can learn to compensate for their autism traits, while low functioning autism isn't the best case scenario and most have a lifetime of problems.

IMHO, parents, guardians and schools are all too quick these days to attaching a label on kids.  So little Sarah is shy and can't express herself, or little Johnny is a bit hyper.  So what. Let kids be kids for crying out loud!!  I know a family with 4 autistic children and each of them have different degrees of autism and their autism is apparent.  On the other hand, I am close to a child who has been labeled autistic, yet is reading at above grade level, was on the 'honor roll' last year -- but is shy ... and consequently is now labeled as autistic ... good grief ... really?  Since when is shyness an illness?  I also know of a teen labeled as autistic, who just joined the military.  It is my belief that some of the parents/guardians are too darn lazy to discipline and/or take the extra time that may be needed to spend with a child; it is much easier to let the schools and pscyhs handle it and therefore, unfortunately, consequently the child gets labeled.  Wrong in my books.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:43 pm »

Thanks for stating the bloody obvious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 07:56:56 pm »
There are different 'degrees' or spectrums of autism ranging from low functioning to highly functional.  Highly functional of course is the best case and many times overcome or can learn to compensate for their autism traits, while low functioning autism isn't the best case scenario and most have a lifetime of problems.

@libertybele

Of course. We are all unique individuals,with unique individual degrees of problems. Some things are universal though,and it seems to ME,as someone who is autistic,that letting any mind,especially an autistic mind, be idle only contributes to the problem. Give them something to focus on outside of themselves,and many/most will do better. Autism is mental as well as chemical,and worrying over it like a dog worrying over a bone does no one any good. Get them mentally challenged and involved in something that strikes their interest,and the problem will lessen.

The trick in the severe cases is finding something that draws their interest enough they want to focus on it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2019, 09:05:07 pm »
Being within the law and doing the right thing are two completely different things.

Maybe you didn't know that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »
Good one, Ted ...   happy77

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 04:14:38 pm »
They were in the swamp and the place is loaded with swamp creatures feeling threatened.

:yowsa:  Entitled, unfireable, do nothing swamp critters letting their fear of this president show.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 04:15:31 pm »

Everyday people my @$$!!!  Anything but!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 04:17:20 pm »
I wonder if people realize that every president attending sports stadiums has been booed.

Obama was booed. W was booed. The difference here is they didn’t have a hostile, agenda obsessed news media covering the booing incident 72-hours non-stop on every channel and in every paper.

The difference is, of course, Trump-Hate; better understood medically, as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2019, 05:32:36 pm »
@kevindavis

Do they also have the right to boo his wife,who stays out of politics,and to boo his minor son?

Yes they do.  It's why we have the 1st Amendment.

And besides...the inside the beltway types that were booing the President at the game did more to disprove the whole "Trump is a tyrant" meme and narrative that the left has pushed for the last 4 years with their boos than anything the GOP could have done to dispel that rumor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2019, 05:59:26 pm »
888high58888

Sad thing is she doubled down on her original tweet in a followup and literally proved Senator Cruz's point...not to mention showing that she believes that the denizens of D.C. are representative of "we the people".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2019, 06:14:56 pm »
I wonder if people realize that every president attending sports stadiums has been booed.

Obama was booed. W was booed. The difference here is they didn’t have a hostile, agenda obsessed news media covering the booing incident 72-hours non-stop on every channel and in every paper.

The difference is, of course, Trump-Hate; better understood medically, as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Clinton was booed at a NASCAR race while president.
Obama was booed throwing out the first pitch of an all-star game in St. Louis.
GW Bush was booed at Nationals stadium, throwing out the first pitch of a season.
So, yeah, the media is on board with telling us all about it now, where they didn't bother before, but its not new.
The fools in the media are trying to say its the National mood of the country, etc.
Hogwash.

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I have been as critical of Cruz as anyone,but damned if he didn't nail THAT one!

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 09:45:26 pm »
@sneakypete

Has Barron been diagnosed with Autism or is it just a guess?  Maybe he is just shy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2019, 10:25:13 pm »
Has Barron been diagnosed with Autism or is it just a guess?  Maybe he is just shy.
We have no idea whether he's autistic or not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2019, 10:31:52 pm »
@mountaineer  I have no idea either.  I did however hear that and see that in a couple of posts.  Who knows? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 10:46:56 pm »
@sneakypete

@LottieDah

I don't know. All I know is the claim has been made often,and I have never seen or heard it denied. Also,the twitches he does are uncomfortably familiar.

As for being shy,if YOU were Autistic with facial ticks and body jerks,and pushed out in front of thousands of people on a stage with tv cameras focused on you,wouldn't YOU be shy?

Shy goes hand in hand with Autism. Nobody wants people to think they are a freak and make fun of them,and children just don't know how to handle it.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 10:51:30 pm »
@sneakypet:  I have good friends with an Autistic son.  He does display some of the things you mentioned.  Anyone who would make fun a child whether they are Autistic or not is a monster.

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 11:21:24 pm »
@sneakypete

@LottieDah  @sneakypete    This is one of the more vicious rumors started by the haters.  I don't know if he's shy or not, but when Dad was elected he was all of ten years old.  It has been reported that Melania protects him from the spotlight, and if he were my son, and I knew the hate out there toward all things Trump, I would too.

But every now and again, an unscripted photo or two will make its way to Al Gore's magnificent Internet   :laugh:

Barron's just your run-of-the-mill smart, sports-playing, tall, good-looking, rich 13 year old who happens to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with the last name "Trump".   

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:26:31 am by Right_in_Virginia »