Author Topic: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'  (Read 2199 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'
« on: October 28, 2019, 01:52:39 pm »
Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up' and waving 'veterans for impeachment' banner as President makes surprise appearance at World Series game in DC after celebrating death of ISIS leader in daring US raid

Wearing a dark suit and a tie, Trump arrived at Nationals Park just before the first pitch of the Houston Astros-Washington Nationals match-up
    Hours earlier, he had announced that U.S. forces had assaulted the hiding place of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was killed in a raid
    At the end of the third inning, ballpark video screens carried a salute to U.S. service members that drew cheers throughout the stadium
    When the video cut to Trump and his entourage cheers abruptly turned into a torrent of boos and heckling
    Trump appeared unfazed and continued waving. Later, some fans behind home plate held a sign reading 'VETERANS FOR IMPEACHMENT'

By Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 20:53 EDT, 27 October 2019 | Updated: 09:13 EDT, 28 October 2019

President Donald Trump's low-profile appearance Sunday night at Game 5 of the World Series came at a high-profile moment of his presidency - yet he still drew loud boos and chants of 'lock him up'.

Wearing a dark suit and a tie, Trump arrived at Nationals Park just before the first pitch of the Houston Astros-Washington Nationals match-up.

Hours earlier, he had announced that U.S. forces had hit the hiding place of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was killed in the raid in northeast Syria.

A military success against a most-wanted enemy of the U.S. and its allies could have provided the president a rare moment of bipartisan comity, especially amid a divisive impeachment inquiry, but the crowd had other plans.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7620351/Trump-attends-World-Series-big-national-security-win.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Trump and Melania are BOOED by crowd chanting 'lock him up'
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 01:55:29 pm »
I understand some leftists are complaining that young Barron wasn't there, denying them the opportunity to harass and scream at him, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »
Scarborough scolds Nats fans for 'Lock him up' chant: 'We are Americans and we do not do that
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/467697-scarborough-calls-world-series-crowd-chanting-lock-him-up-at-trump-un-american
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:09:07 pm »
They were in the swamp and the place is loaded with swamp creatures feeling threatened.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 02:12:20 pm »
The stadium, some say, was filled with politicos and lobbyists who either could afford or were given the $1000 tickets. I doubt flyover country is much amused by their boorish behavior.

TVs Kevin @TVsKevin
Replying to
@theblaze
That's odd that a stadium full of lobbyists, career government weenies  and journalists that paid a grand a seat to get in there wouldn't wildly applaud the President like they were real people.  #TheRightPeopleHateHim
10:05 AM · Oct 28, 2019
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 02:13:34 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 02:14:43 pm »
I guess I'll have to root for the Astros now...
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 02:17:59 pm »
I guess I'll have to root for the Astros now...

You said it.  Go Stros
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 02:28:03 pm »
I couldn't care less about MLB, but I'm pulling for the Astros now.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 02:40:30 pm »
“Veterans for impeachment”

It’s a given progressives will often lie - make overt reference to their Christian faith or connection to the military - to give themselves credibility. But lie they do, all the time.

Go Astros.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
If he showed up at Minute Maid park in Houston Tuesday night, I doubt he would get the same reaction.

Demonstrates what a cesspool we have in DC.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 02:55:55 pm »
I can't believe they didn't have POTUS behind bulletproof glass with this deep state crowd. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 03:32:42 pm »
Lots of morons out there. The other day I was going for my normal 1.5 mile walk and saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "Deport Trump First".  I was going to have a 'conversation' with the guy and decided not to.  All was ok after I spotted a Trump booth down the street along the side of the road selling t-shirts, American flags, Trump decals, etc.! 

To be honest the guy wearing the anti-trump t-shirt was the very first anti-Trump anything I've seen in this area.  He has to be a snowbird from one of those liberal states up north.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:33:31 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 03:44:01 pm »
I can't believe they didn't have POTUS behind bulletproof glass with this deep state crowd. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

He did have on a Bulletproof Vest.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 04:58:06 pm »
Liberalism is more of a psychosis now than it was in the past.  Nixon used to go to a lot baseball games, and I don't recall him being booed. And certainly Nixon was not loved by many Washington people either.
I think there's a lot more deranged people percentage-wise today  on the left. They have no respect for anything that's not "progressive."   Their political opponents are all Nazis. They're far more dangerous than old style liberals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 05:13:21 pm »
They were in the swamp and the place is loaded with swamp creatures feeling threatened.

@austingirl

There it is.

Chances are a lot of them aren't even baseball fans,and were only there because it is the trending "hot place to be",and being there meant you have influence due to the tickets being so hard to get.

I would even bet a lot of them were Dim activists who were given tickets to be there precisely to do these things when Trump showed up,and how could he not,when he is the President and the home team is in the playoffs?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
“Veterans for impeachment”

It’s a given progressives will often lie - make overt reference to their Christian faith or connection to the military - to give themselves credibility. But lie they do, all the time.

Go Astros.

@skeeter

Of course they lie. They have to lie to themselves every day in order to not slash their own wrists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 05:15:41 pm »
If he showed up at Minute Maid park in Houston Tuesday night, I doubt he would get the same reaction.

Demonstrates what a cesspool we have in DC.

@IsailedawayfromFR

DC is very much a "company town",and that "company" is represented by the DNC.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 05:16:43 pm »
Ok.  Boo him, but the wife?  There's another thread here where Hillary allegedly dissed Mrs. Trump, calling her Jezebel.  Exactly what did the First Lady do to these people besides marry a guy they hate? 

And these would be the same people who bitch and moan about Trump's behavior.  I don't like Trump's behavior either, but I just don't get this disrespect for his wife and their son.  They have done nothing to deserve such antipathy. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 05:22:07 pm »
I understand some leftists are complaining that young Barron wasn't there, denying them the opportunity to harass and scream at him, too.

Strange...for a young man not to like the chance to go to the World Series.     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 05:25:47 pm »

Is Barron's school in the DC area or NY?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 05:41:17 pm »
So what? They have a right to boo the President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2019, 05:44:58 pm »

I agree.  I just think it's stupid and ignorant to include the wife in their hostility. 

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2019, 05:48:47 pm »

Only human scum would do it though.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 05:50:14 pm »
Later, the crowd was chanting "Lock him up", but directing it towards the umpire.