Author Topic: Coulter: We Don’t Trust You  (Read 738 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coulter: We Don’t Trust You
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:17:10 pm »
Ann Coulter 4 Sep 2019

Like all Americans, I’ve been deeply moved and horrified by the recent spate of mass shootings. Surely, I thought, there must be some commonsense gun regulations that could put an end to the carnage — red-flag laws, longer waiting periods, age limits, something!

Leaving aside the usual suspects, who are rushing to the microphones to demand the immediate confiscation of all guns, liberals are appealing to us to come together in good faith and formulate a plan to keep guns out of the hands of these monsters, using fair process and common sense.

The only problem is that no one on their side believes in good faith, fair process or common sense. Here’s the reality: We don’t trust the other side, nor should we.

Americans used to be able to rely on two bulwarks to protect us from stupidity:

1) Legal process — The genius of our founders was to strictly limit the power of capricious, and often armed, government officials and to create a government of laws that made major changes difficult, but not impossible.

You want a new amendment to the Constitution? Get 38 states to ratify it, two-thirds of the Senate to vote for it, the president to sign it. There — you’ve changed the constitution. You oppose a law? Run for office, put a proposition on the ballot, donate to a campaign, persuade your fellow citizens — or move to a different state.

2) Common sense — We also used to be able to assume that a basic reasonableness undergirded our society, flowing across generational lines, political divides, racial differences and policy disputes. Until the 1970s, for example, federal courts mostly enforced actual legal and constitutional rights on the books. The other branches of government tended to perform their roles in good faith — or at least not in obvious bad faith.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/04/coulter-we-dont-trust-you/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Coulter: We Don’t Trust You
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 01:27:48 pm »
One of Coulter's good essays.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 01:08:32 am »
Never, never, NEVER, NEVER trust a democrat-communist.

NOT ONE of them.

NEVER !!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 01:51:09 am »
FTA:

We’re dealing with people who are not honest brokers. We can no longer have any expectation of good faith, sound process or common sense.

In this environment, it’s preposterous to believe that we can start putting asterisks on the Second Amendment and hope that it will survive.

We can’t entrust our liberties to your dirty hands.

My emphasis.  I think this is what infuriates me about Rats and their fellow travelers.  People pretend to be open to your ideas, then turn out to be as introspective as a wall when you actually enunciate them.  They just repeat Ad Nauseam the same debating points, as you repeatedly debunk them.  Eventually you figure out  They are not arguing in good faith!  They lied about being receptive, and just wasted your time.

Makes for a long day sometimes.  Knowhatimean, @skeeter?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:40 am »

Yes it is.  The Midol must be working.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 02:01:49 am »

She could use a little help on Constitutional process.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:25 am »
FTA:

My emphasis.  I think this is what infuriates me about Rats and their fellow travelers.  People pretend to be open to your ideas, then turn out to be as introspective as a wall when you actually enunciate them.  They just repeat Ad Nauseam the same debating points, as you repeatedly debunk them.  Eventually you figure out  They are not arguing in good faith!  They lied about being receptive, and just wasted your time.

Was that scenario in a recent movie?  A book?  Television series?

It must be my poor memory, but I swear that I've seen that scenario play out over and over....  but I just can't seem to remember where.....

:shrug:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 02:08:08 am »

It must be my poor memory, but I swear that I've seen that scenario play out over and over....  but I just can't seem to remember where.....

I will be 71 in a few days and recall watching it play out many times over that period.  Not a movie or a book but real life in real-time.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 02:11:35 am »
I will be 71 in a few days and recall watching it play out many times over that period.  Not a movie or a book but real life in real-time.

You've jogged my memory now.....  I can recall it clear as day.....

It plays out HERE every day!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 02:15:55 am »

Yep!  Pretty much!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 02:53:22 am »

I dunno, feels like deja vu all over again.  Or is that vuja de?  It's that feeling you get when this has never, ever happened before.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 02:57:19 am »

Every.  Damned.  Day. 

Almost (almost!) makes me yearn for the days of yesteryear, when all we wanted was for the State to not try to force somebody to bake a damned cake.  Boyoboy we sure had some fruitful 25-35 page threads.  There were giants in those days.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 03:08:58 am »

Unfortunately, the title also applies to her.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 03:36:27 am »
Every.  Damned.  Day. 

Almost (almost!) makes me yearn for the days of yesteryear, when all we wanted was for the State to not try to force somebody to bake a damned cake.  Boyoboy we sure had some fruitful 25-35 page threads.  There were giants in those days.

Might there be a common denominator?

:pondering:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 04:23:51 am »
Might there be a common denominator?

Dunno.  Not important.  The article is a broader issue, it's not just Guns N Gays.  Coulter's point is the Democrats cannot be trusted to be "honest brokers" on any/every given subject.  I just happened to notice two immediately memorable discussions I've/we've had that reflect this inherent dishonesty.

She's been hit and miss since she lost part of her mind during Bush 43, but this is a good article.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 09:34:08 am »

Dunno.  Not important.  The article is a broader issue, it's not just Guns N Gays.  Coulter's point is the Democrats cannot be trusted to be "honest brokers" on any/every given subject.  I just happened to notice two immediately memorable discussions I've/we've had that reflect this inherent dishonesty.

She's been hit and miss since she lost part of her mind during Bush 43, but this is a good article.
It is a good article, and frankly, I don't trust any of the politicians or bureaucrats, from the bottom of the heap to the top.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 12:51:45 pm »
It is a good article, and frankly, I don't trust any of the politicians or bureaucrats, from the bottom of the heap to the top.

They're politicians.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »
FTA:

Long, and sometimes  :#@$%:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 01:37:28 pm »
Long, and sometimes  :#@$%:

Yeah @skeeter!  I know!  That :#@$%: part caused me to have to resign my mod position here a couple of years ago because I was not willing to put up with the crap those people must endure.  They have my undying respect. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 01:41:15 pm »
Yeah @skeeter!  I know!  That :#@$%: part caused me to have to resign my mod position here a couple of years ago because I was not willing to put up with the crap those people must endure.  They have my undying respect.

Well there no way I could do it either. Not nearly enough patience.

TBR Mods:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 01:54:35 pm »
Thanks @skeeter @Bigun!

***blushing***

On behalf of the Mod squad, I think you for the kind words.  I would not say my patience is infinite, or that I never blow up.  I just come equipped with an extra-long fuse and a desire to forgive....
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2019, 02:01:14 pm »
Thanks @skeeter @Bigun!

***blushing***

On behalf of the Mod squad, I think you for the kind words.  I would not say my patience is infinite, or that I never blow up.  I just come equipped with an extra-long fuse and a desire to forgive....

Mods ruined a place I once loved @Cyber Liberty and I hope that never happens here.  I meant every word of what I said above.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 02:35:41 pm »
Mods ruined a place I once loved @Cyber Liberty and I hope that never happens here.  I meant every word of what I said above.

Would that be the same place I once loved, but the Mods ruined for me too?  I learned from them, in the sense, "I will never be like those A-holes."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2019, 02:37:14 pm »
Would that be the same place I once loved, but the Mods ruined for me too?  I learned from them, in the sense, "I will never be like those A-holes."

I think we were all there.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2019, 02:40:30 pm »
I think we were all there.

I think we were, and we all took the same lessons about moderating a Forum.   wink777

I know @Bigun was...until he told the Owner what he was.  LOL! :beer:
I will NOT comply.