Author Topic: Trump Doctored Hurricane Dorian Map to Back False Claim That Alabama Was in Its Path  (Read 12228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Statement from NOAA
September 6, 2019

From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama. This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed at the following link.

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Again, that was on 08/30. Trump was tweeting his erroneous information 2 days later on 09/01.

It's as if he hadn't been briefed for 2 days. It's as if he didn't care to pay attention to the storm for 2 days.

It doesn’t matter. Trump is infallible. Just ask his supporters.  If Trump says (two days after the forecast and cone of certainty changed) that hurricane Dorian is going to hit Alabama and will "most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated", who are we to question. And we now have photographic proof.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Idiot

It doesn’t matter. Trump is infallible. Just ask his supporters.  If Trump says (two days after the forecast and cone of certainty changed) that hurricane Dorian is going to hit Alabama and will "most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated", who are we to question. And we now have photographic proof.

Tell me which one of the democrat candidates would you rather have as President?  Trump is flawed, but he's not even close to the radical dems.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Statement from NOAA
September 6, 2019

From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama. This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed at the following link.

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.

Come on @mystery-ak! You know posting FACTS and LOGIC only triggers some people!  Drives them insane it does!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Neverdul

Statement from NOAA
September 6, 2019

Well of course The Birmingham National Weather Service was completely in the wrong. I mean just because every forecast including NOAA’s and 99% of all the spaghetti models on Sunday showed Dorian taking a turn north and skirting along up the East Coast and coming nowhere near Alabama, that’s not to say there wasn’t a “chance” it could have made a direct hit on Alabama. There was perhaps also an infinitesimally small probability that Dorian could have made a direct hit on Idaho.

I expect all future NOAA forecasts to look something like this:

and

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
See @mystery-ak!  I told ya!   wink777
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline OfTheCross

Statement from NOAA
September 6, 2019

They're still trying to save this? :rolling:

Okay, okay. The President was right. There was  5%-10% chance of a windy day in the Southeast corner of Alabama.  :silly:

The precedent is set now. He needs to warn us any time there's a 10% chance of a Tornado developing. Or a blizzard hitting us.

And that doesn't erase the fact that he doctored an official weather map with a Sharpie and presented it to the American people as a fact.  :rolling:

Oh well...the memes are hilarious, at least that's something we can all enjoy
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Okay, okay. The President was right. There was  5%-10% chance of a windy day in the Southeast corner of Alabama.  :silly:

The precedent is set now. He needs to warn us any time there's a 10% chance of a Tornado developing. Or a blizzard hitting us.

And that doesn't erase the fact that he doctored an official weather map with a Sharpie and presented it to the American people as a fact.  :rolling:

Oh well...the memes are hilarious, at least that's something we can all enjoy

Admit it:  You and your friends would be the first to demand an Impeachment had Trump not warned Alabama, and somebody in Alabama got killed by a falling tree limb.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Statement from NOAA
September 6, 2019

So Nadless won't have to subpoena the sharpie after all? :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Admit it:  You and your friends would be the first to demand an Impeachment had Trump not warned Alabama, and somebody in Alabama got killed by a falling tree limb.

Ever since Katrina leftists become aroused every time a Hurricane aims for the US coast while a republican is in the WH. It's pathetic how they must content themselves with Sharpiegate this time.

Their desperation is palpable.

Offline Neverdul

Tell me which one of the democrat candidates would you rather have as President?  Trump is flawed, but he's not even close to the radical dems.

Oh, the old “if you don’t completely trust, love and demonstrate your unwavering loyalty to Trump no matter what, then you must be a radical commie loving democrat”.

Not playing your game but OK, I will, just this once.

I will tell you that in the last election I didn’t vote for Trump, nor did I vote for Hillary.

2020? There are no democratic candidates, not a single one I can stomach voting for and likely no viable or equally insane 3rd party candidates.

But on November 3, 2020, if it comes down Trump v Biden, Trump v Warren, Trump v Harris, Trump v the Curmudgeon Commie from VT, I do know there will be shows and movies I haven’t watched on Netflix or Prime and a couple of books I bought but haven’t read yet.

There is a song by Rush that I really love - “Freewill” that says, “If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice”. I don’t know yet what choice I will make on 11/3/2020 but voting for none of the above is IMO a valid choice.

Over the years I have voted for a lot of Republicans while holding my nose – voting for the lesser of two evils in some cases – Bush I part II, Dole, Bush II part II (Bush I and Bush II part one I actively campaigned for, parts II two not so much), McCain, and don’t get me started on congressional, senate and local elections. 

The first election I was eligible to vote in was 1980 when I voted for Reagan and voted for him and for a 2nd term with equal enthusiasm and actively campaigned along with my older brother who goes back to campaigning for Goldwater and Nixon. But while Reagan wasn’t “perfect” and made some mistakes and missteps, despite all the attacks on him from the left and from the media, I was never embarrassed and never regretted voting for him as he was a steady captain of the ship of state. He had a sometimes sharp but always an articulate and well informed mind and tongue and for the most part had solid advisors around him (and not his children or SIL BTW).

I will say and have said before that there are somethings that the Trump administration has accomplished which I support or a least I do not disagree with on basic principal even if the execution is clumsy and messaging muddled and poorly executed. But every time something good is accomplished it is undercut by his infantile behavior and waffling and confusing messaging such as on guns – “we will have stronger background checks, background checks are not the answer, some background checks are good, let’s just lock up all the “crazy people” even if without any due process, etc., etc…

I know that a lot of people love Trump’s Twitter feed and feel that this is his way of talking directly to the “people” but his constant Tweets are more often not about communicating real policy issues and progress but lashing out any critics (really - Tweets about some washed up actress on a twice cancelled TV show – that’s what the POTUS should be focusing on?) and any sort of criticism (even if deserved and not just coming from the left), often have the tone of your crazy uncle’s ramblings at the Thanksgiving dinner table when everyone awkwardly tries to change the subject by asking the hostess about her sweet potato recipe.

Trump does know how to message to his base, even if his base seems to just like his bombastic style “reality show/entertainer” persona more than his actual accomplishments and glibly brushes aside his failed rally promises - has Mexico paid anything toward the wall yet and why is Hillary not locked up?

Yea, yea, I know. We’ve got to re-elect Trump to keep the commie dems out.

But you know what concerns me as much as a radical democrat as POTUS?

It is a Trump 2nd term. A second term means no more worries about pandering to his base while also trying (at least a bit) to appeal to the center right for re-election. And in that scenario as a “lame duck” Trump with nothing to lose - he might stay his present course but might turn even father right as into a right that isn’t the “right” or swing back to a more left position as was once his political home.

The thing is with Trump, at least in my opinion, it isn’t’ just hurricane winds you have to worry about but which way Trump’s wind will blow.

As I said before this whole thing with hurricane Dorian and Alabama, yes very early in the predicated track, although most models showed the storm turning north and skirting the East coast, yes, there was a slight chance as predicted early on that it would go across Florida and into the Gulf and impact Alabama. So if Trump had said what he said about Alabama - “Alabama and will "most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated" when that forecast was still a possibility several days earlier, he would have been correct.

But he made this statement via Twitter on 9/1 when all the forecasts and modeling showed no such thing and again that same day at the FEMA briefing during which I would have thought he would have been brought up to date with the very latest projections that took Alabama out of the picture and with a 5% or less chance of seeing a few far outer bands with minimal tropical storm winds if even that.

All he had to do was ignore the gaff or simply say he made a misstatement. Yes, the MSM is making this a big deal because this is what they do, they’ll attack Trump and the Republicans always, but it’s also become a big deal because of Trump’s continued responses in his own defense. I mean seriously, no one in Trump’s inner circle had the balls to tell him that the map with the “sharpie” drawn bubble to include Alabama in the forecast cone might be a bad idea and backfire “bigly”?

So, here we are a full week later and he’s still trying to defend it and thus keeping in the news and now with an unsigned statement by NOAA in support of Trump’s inaccurate statement that not only actually contradicts their own forecast at the time of Trump’s statement, but also throws under the buss, the Birmingham Weather Bureau’s very accurate statement that as of 9/1, Alabama would not see any impacts from Dorian. And evidently the meteorologists at NOAA and the NWC and NHC are not very happy about this attempt at revisionism for seemingly purely political ends.

Fake News indeed. Only now the purveyors of the Fake News are not only coming from the MSM but from the POTUS himself and likely some low level bureaucrat or communications person at NOAA was told to put out a statement proving Trump was really correct or else lose his or her job.

How dare anyone say Emperor Trump has no clothes.

Well at least they can be glad Trump doesn’t have the power his good buddy Kim Jong Un has to execute those who disagree,.

Lil Kim has a typhoon coming his way and is blasting his officials for not being well enough prepared. But Lil Kim has more than just Twitter as a weapon and we all know that many people will be facing possible execution because of a typhoon.

Offline dfwgator

If you don't choose, someone else chooses for you.

Offline Neverdul

If you don't choose, someone else chooses for you.

So hypothetically speaking, if faced with an election between only two candidates and the only two candidates to vote for were between Stalin and Hitler, I’d be wrong not to vote at all rather than for the possible the lessor of those two evils?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So hypothetically speaking, if faced with an election between only two candidates and the only two candidates to vote for were between Stalin and Hitler, I’d be wrong not to vote at all rather than for the possible the lessor of those two evils?

No, it would be more like Mao vs Chiang Kai-shek.  And, you're saying: "Chaing's not perfect, he has some serious flaws, so I'm not going to vote."

Offline Neverdul

No, it would be more like Mao vs Chiang Kai-shek.  And, you're saying: "Chaing's not perfect, he has some serious flaws, so I'm not going to vote."

So Trump is not Mao but Chiang Kai-shek? I don't think the Chiang Kai-shek is a hill Trump supporters want to die on.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So Trump is not Mao but Chiang Kai-shek? I don't think the Chiang Kai-shek is a hill Trump supporters want to die on.

But, Hitler vs Stalin is?

Offline Neverdul

But, Hitler vs Stalin is?

I think you are missing the point.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Communist Red China vs. Free people, is not a hard one for me.

I will gladly die on that hill.

And Trump versus any democrat, is that hill.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:25:34 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I think you are missing the point.

I didn't miss your point, I extended it to the logical next step. 

Either way, we better find a way through the NT vs ET argument, because there is not a viable, conservative candidate on the horizon, nor is there a very large call for one.  We can keep this up for the next 15 years while the nation disintegrates around us, or we can put some differences aside and figure out how to work together.  And, I tell you - it's not by slamming Trump for every little thing you think he may have thought about doing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:28:06 pm by Sanguine »

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Either way, we better find a way through the NT vs ET argument, because there is not a viable, conservative candidate on the horizon, nor is there a very large call for one.  We can keep this up for the next 15 years while the nation disintegrates around us, or we can put some differences aside and figure out how to work together.  And, I tell you - it's not by slamming Trump for every little thing you think he may have thought about doing.

I've been trying to reason with the unreasonable for over 20 years as things have gotten "progressively" worse in America.  Have no choice now but to continue trying... in hopes that something might sink in.   Can't give up now.    :shrug:
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

My, aren't you an optimist!!

Offline PeteS in CA

888high58888
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Pointing out the truth is "trying to save" something? 22222frying pan It's time for Trump-Haters to move on to the next fauxny issue. ****sheep****  :tongue2: This one is so toast it's crumbling carbon. :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Union leader: Federal weather workers ‘shocked’ and ‘irate’ by NOAA backing Trump
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 07, 2019 01:39 PM

The leader of the union that represents federal weather workers said members are “shocked, stunned and irate” that the federal agency they work for defended President Trump after he argued he was not wrong about Hurricane Dorian’s path.

“Never ever before has their management thrown them under the bus like this,” Dan Sobien, president of the National Weather Service Employees Organization, said of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“These are the people risking their lives flying into hurricanes and putting out forecasts that save lives. Never before has their management undercut their scientifically sound reasoning and forecasts,” Sobien told the Daily Beast.

Trump has spent the last week defending his outdated claim that Alabama could be hit by Dorian. Though earlier forecasts showed the hurricane could head in Alabama’s direction, the information was incorrect by the time Trump tweeted it Sunday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/union-leader-federal-weather-workers-shocked-and-irate-by-noaa-backing-trump
Support the USO