Author Topic: Review: Inspirational drama ‘Bennett’s War’ gets an Army vet back on his motorcycle  (Read 392 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Review: Inspirational drama ‘Bennett’s War’ gets an Army vet back on his motorcycle
By Michael Rechtshaffen

In the blandly generic inspirational drama that is “Bennett’s War,” a wounded U.S. soldier in the Army Motorcycle Unit is sent home from Afghanistan, informed by his doctor that he’ll never be able to ride his beloved bike again.

You don’t need the relentlessly thumping score to realize that’s just not an option.

Returning to his rural California family farmstead, new dad Marshall Bennett (Michael Roark), is initially prepared to face the limitations of a leg badly mangled by an IED, with the support of his wife, Sophie (Allison Paige in the thankless lone female role), and his motocross mentor, Cyrus (Afshar Ali).

Read more at: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-08-29/review-inspirational-drama-bennetts-war-gets-an-army-vet-back-on-his-motorcycle

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Whatever the LA Times says about this "inspirational" generic type movie and maybe there are some of these out there, I thought I'd pass on the word.

It's opened, maybe today? I see it is in a theater nearby. I'm not really into motorbike racing but we'll see.

See this interview, apparently, Rangers have ridden some of these bikes over there:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:13:45 pm by TomSea »