Author Topic: Kasich: I don't see a path to beat Trump right now  (Read 2635 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: I don't see a path to beat Trump right now
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »
Kasich: I don't see a path to beat Trump right now
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 08/28/19 09:19 AM EDT

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said Wednesday that he does not see a path to defeat President Trump in the 2020 Republican primary.

The now-CNN political commentator said on "Anderson Cooper 360" that while he doesn't see a path right now, "that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a path down the road."

"But right now, I don't see it," he emphasized.

Kasich, who unsuccessfully ran for president in 2016, has been floated as a potential challenger to Trump's re-election campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/459088-kasich-i-dont-see-a-path-to-beat-trump-right-now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Kasich: I don't see a path to beat Trump right now
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:54:07 pm »
Kasich has been seen huddling with all his supporters in recent weeks, but apparently neither of them has been able to come up with a workable plan.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 05:58:35 pm »
The Postmans Son always rings twice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 06:12:17 pm »
The Postmans Son always rings twice.

I was going to say, if he can't see a path, maybe he should check the mail routes. Realistically, a fistful of 3rd-class stamps might be the only thing that will ever get him to the white house.
---

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 06:31:37 pm »
Not now, not ever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:43:23 pm »
Son of a mailman!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 08:48:03 pm »
Only winning his home state of OH in '16 should have been his first clue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 09:03:02 pm »
  Shock poll - every leading Dem contender beats Trump by at least nine percentage points

The GOP is committing political malpractice by failing to field a credible challenger to the President's re-nomination.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 12:36:09 am »
  Shock poll - every leading Dem contender beats Trump by at least nine percentage points

The GOP is committing political malpractice by failing to field a credible challenger to the President's re-nomination.
Several have threatened, announced, including Flake, Amash, Walsh, Weld, Sanford, McMuffin etc.

Not sure how "credible" they might turn out after primary voters have their say.

Trump enjoys 85-95 support of Republicans in tultiple polls.

Most of those above, require one to check on what they are doing this cycle.

I am all in for a  Scarramucci/Dr. Bandy Lee ticket.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 12:42:14 am »

:mauslaff: :mauslaff:

You really are a riot @Jazzhead

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 12:52:10 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 01:00:45 am »
:mauslaff: :mauslaff:

You really are a riot @Jazzhead.

Polls are Fairy tales, told to small children and CNN viewers this far out from the election.  (Spit!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 01:35:10 am »

Your crystal ball needs a good scrubbin'.  It's covered in swamp mud.   88devil 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 01:38:46 am »
The postman's son admits that he can't make the delivery.

Actually, he never could.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 01:43:15 am »
No sh*t, Sherlock!      :laugh:

De-Classification..., announced indictments...Hillary financed... all timed with the reelection campaign.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 12:27:08 pm »
Your crystal ball needs a good scrubbin'.  It's covered in swamp mud.   88devil

It's not my crystal ball, @Right_in_Virginia    It is the crystal ball offered by poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll.

It doesn't matter the methodology of the poll or the purported agenda of the pollster -  they all convey the message that Trump is likely to lose because he cannot or will not expand his appeal beyond his base.

Look to history -  incumbent Presidents presiding over healthy economies aren't losing in poll after poll after poll.    Incumbant Presidents whose nation is at peace aren't losing in poll after poll after poll.    Trump's brand of leadership is turning off even many of those who voted for him last time.   Back then he had one big arrow in his quiver - he wasn't Hillary.   Next year,  whoever the Dem nominee is will have the same arrow in her quiver - she's not Trump.   

It is political malpractice to ignore the obvious.     It is political idiocy to respond to evidence by trashing the messenger.    If folks want to stick their heads on the sand like myopic ostriches,  so be it.  All I can do is point out that the collective weight of all these polls, with nary an outlier,  is damning.   

We need an alternative,  and the sooner one emerges, the better.   

Online Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 12:35:33 pm »

Run Forest Run.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 12:40:12 pm »
So what?  It sure didn't stop him last time.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 01:01:56 pm »
It's not my crystal ball, @Right_in_Virginia    It is the crystal ball offered by poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll.

It doesn't matter the methodology of the poll or the purported agenda of the pollster -  they all convey the message that Trump is likely to lose because he cannot or will not expand his appeal beyond his base.

Look to history -  incumbent Presidents presiding over healthy economies aren't losing in poll after poll after poll.    Incumbant Presidents whose nation is at peace aren't losing in poll after poll after poll.    Trump's brand of leadership is turning off even many of those who voted for him last time.   Back then he had one big arrow in his quiver - he wasn't Hillary.   Next year,  whoever the Dem nominee is will have the same arrow in her quiver - she's not Trump.   

It is political malpractice to ignore the obvious.     It is political idiocy to respond to evidence by trashing the messenger.    If folks want to stick their heads on the sand like myopic ostriches,  so be it.  All I can do is point out that the collective weight of all these polls, with nary an outlier,  is damning.   

"You're a funny guy, Sully!"....  Arnold Schwarzenegger  in Commando.

You want to cite polls?  Want to talk "history"?

Every "poll" right up until dinnertime on Election Night had Hillary whipping Donald's ass.

I agree this election is not going to be a cakewalk like it was in 2016.  /s

THIS time, the 24/7/365 media...the Establishment...the Deep State...and SOCIAL media will conduct a "GET OFF YOUR ASS AND VOTE" campaign unlike anything in history.

Our only hope, Obiwan...is to hope and pray that the newly employed Americans with REAL wages will realize who buttered their bread.

And get out and vote to stop these insane bastards.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 01:05:57 pm »
Our only hope, Obiwan...is to hope and pray that the newly employed Americans with REAL wages will realize who buttered their bread.

AND overlook Trump's shortcomings.   That's the scary message from the slew of recent polls - even though they recognize their personal situations are improving,  they still want an alternative to the President.   

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 01:07:05 pm »

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll.

Look to history - 

Okay @Jazzhead let's look to history; recent history with the very same media dynamics in play.  Looking back three years ago, poll after poll after poll after poll after poll after poll....right through the morning of Nov. 8th had Hillary Clinton winning an electoral college landslide.  Newsweek was so confident in these polls that they had published this magazine and delivered it to outlets before the election even took place:

If you're relying on the media's presentation of polls to garner support for your ridiculous thesis that anyone else would be a winning candidate, well... take some time and collect yourself, sir.  You're starting to fall off the grid known as rationality.

Start here with something your precious media won't tell you:

Panic! At The DNC: General Feeling Is That Trump Is Just Killing Them On All Fronts
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,373544.0.html

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 01:08:56 pm »
AND overlook Trump's shortcomings.   That's the scary message from the slew of recent polls - even though they recognize their personal situations are improving,  they still want an alternative to the President.

Sweetie, you've got to learn to eff the polls.  Or not. 

Either way, they're not going to prevent the President's reelection and the media and you hope. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 01:31:28 pm »

Either way, they're not going to prevent the President's reelection and the media and you hope.

That's not what I hope.  But here's what I fear - what a Dem President and Dem Senate will do to the nation and its Constitution.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 02:04:47 pm »

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll

after poll.

I think I might see the problem:  You read too many polls.  888mouth
I will NOT comply.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2019, 02:07:40 pm »
I'm not too worried about polling at this stage, but I have to agree that Trump sometimes seems bent on alienating voters unnecessarily. But Trump did miraculously save us from Clinton, and has done as much as anyone could to nullify 0bama. For me that earns him another chance even if it's a slim one. It pays to remind ourselves occasionally where we could be today under Clinton - doubled down on every 0bama abomination; millions of illegals given the vote and tens of millions more on the way; SCOTUS and the entire federal judiciary lost for at least our lifetimes.

In any case, who do we have that's a viable alternative? Almost every name that comes to mind is either a RINO or as much of a proven loser as Kasich (in most cases, both). I like Pence but I'm far from sure he has what it takes to win. I also like what little I know of Haley, maybe she's the future of the party. IMO it would be monumentally foolish to waste that potential by throwing her into the ring against Trump.

---