Author Topic: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trump workers  (Read 1266 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trump workers
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 03:53:29 pm »
Mine will tell you about my politics immediately but I am no longer in the workforce.
I was only unemployed once in my life and by that time my politics never came into question, it never got to that point because all the hiring personnel passed me over because I was to old..............................excuse me I should use their definitions 'overqualified', 'to experienced'.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trum p workers
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »
They will tell you failure to disclose your accounts and passwords is a fireable offense if they ever find out (it will be written in your employment agreement).  That's why I would beat them to the punch by refusing to sell my talents to them.  Of course, that's easy for me to say now that I am safely retired.   :tongue2:

Yes, this is all theoretical to me too since I've retired.

But, seriously, I just flat wouldn't give them that information. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 04:12:01 pm »
I was only unemployed once in my life and by that time my politics never came into question, it never got to that point because all the hiring personnel passed me over because I was to old..............................excuse me I should use their definitions 'overqualified', 'to experienced'.

Being self-employed has a great many advantages.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trum p workers
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »
Yes, this is all theoretical to me too since I've retired.

But, seriously, I just flat wouldn't give them that information.

I would not either.  If I really needed the job I'd probably just lie about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
A good question!  I think technically we are, in which case I'll never work in this town again....

The problem with that, considering your current work status, is if that is an ominous prediction, or a happy declaration.

:beer: :seeya:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 04:51:15 pm »
The problem with that, considering your current work status, is if that is an ominous prediction, or a happy declaration.

:beer: :seeya:

LOL!  Happy, or I would not have volunteered to take the layoff. 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2019, 05:07:02 pm »
There was a trend where employers would demand access to your accounts (maybe still do), at which time I would remind them that the interview process is a two-sided thing and they failed their half, and "good-bye."

I simply cannot allow an employer to have access to an Administrator account.

I've heard of that but haven't experienced it. My previous employer was a defense contractor, so expressing conservative views probably would not have been detrimental. But I mostly avoid political discussions, since they could be sources of unnecessary friction. My current employer's interview process was also focused entirely on whether I could do and was suited for the job. I don't overhear much political talk, though a couple of coworkers seemed pleased that Trump was elected President.

I avoid direct mention of my current and immediately previous employers in online discussion, but I work in tech, in Silicon Valley.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.