Author Topic: Another Liberal Judge Oversteps Their Authority  (Read 633 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Another Liberal Judge Oversteps Their Authority
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 06:35:17 pm »
Why?  It is explicit commentary on the thread topic - that judges who deny enforcement of laws effectively banning abortion are overstepping their authority.   They are not - they are protecting natural rights secured by the Constitution.   The fact that I make my point by analogy to the individual RKBA isn't "trolling".    It is an attempt to frame my argument in a way that readers may understand and appreciate.   Gun owners look to the Constitution to protect their rights.  So do women.   Rights for me also means rights for thee!

Sorry, a contemporary, imaginary right created ex nihilo by activists in no way compares to the actual, unambiguous words of the founders in plain english.

No sale.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 06:39:09 pm »

As I have said on many occasions,  the way to respond when you see a person engaging or about to engage in sin is to persuade her of the error of her ways.   Not to insist that the government impose your moral views on others.

@Jazzhead

That  is Rush Limbaugh’s position on abortion. And it’s similar to mine
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 06:39:12 pm »
Sorry, a contemporary, imaginary right created ex nihilo by activists in no way compares to the actual, unambiguous words of the founders in plain english.

No sale.

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 06:40:57 pm »
Here's mine:  Personal liberty and personal responsibility are inextricably linked! You CANNOT have one without the other!

That is the fact!

888high58888

Offline rustynail

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »
Killed in the cool shade of an imagined penumbra.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:42 pm »
Why is it when judges rule outside the constitution it is called "overstepped their authority" yet when POTUS moves on executive action it is a "constitutional crisis"?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 10:42:33 am »
Y'all would be screaming if the majority in your state legislature were to outlaw your ability to own a firearm.  You'd be citing your natural right to self-defense secured by the United States Constitution.

This is no different.   A state legislature has trampled on the natural right of a woman to determine for herself whether to reproduce - a right as protected by the Constitution as the individual RKBA.    The courts must now, under the Constitution, secure that natural right so trampled.   

The use of emotional rhetoric such as "murdering innocent babies"  doesn't change the fact that this is a straightforward application of the Constitution's protection of individual rights.   That is why so many of these recent state laws are being swiftly, well, aborted.
The woman has every right to determine whether she is going to reproduce. It's still a choice, the question is when it should be made.

Once that little egg becomes an embryo the question of reproduction is over. It is a fait accompli, a 'done deal'.
The only question then is whether the little nipper should be scraped out, chemically killed (burned or poisoned), or ripped to shreds and vacuumed out--or just maybe allowed to grow up.

You are completely ignoring the fundamental right to not be forced to give up life, liberty, or property without due process of law.

Every successful 'procedure' results in at least one death, and statistically, 51% of those are female.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis