Author Topic: Joy Behar Doubles Down: 'Until [They're] Running Everything,' Blacks Can't Be Racist  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

Joy Behar Doubles Down: 'Until [They're] Running Everything,' Blacks Can't Be Racist
By Kristine Marsh | July 30, 2019 1:51 PM EDT

After Joy Behar argued that black people couldn’t be racist on Monday’s show, The View host doubled down on her comments, Tuesday. The hosts were still obsessing over President Trump’s tweets about Baltimore when Behar decided to defend her own controversial comments from the previous show by scolding her critics that it was a fact every black American suffered under “systemic racism.”

Acknowledging she got backlash from the right yesterday, Behar appealed to liberal academia’s definition of racism instead of the colloquial understanding, to argue that Elijah Cummings couldn’t be racist:

[W]hen I talk about racism, I talk about a system of racism in this country that affects housing, that affects politics, that affects education. It's a system of racism. And if you are a minority in this country, you are more a victim of racism, so it's hard to be a racist when you are a victim of racism.

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2019/07/30/joy-behar-doubles-down-until-theyre-running-everything-blacks

rangerrebew

If her daffynition of being racist is controlling, or running everything, whites can't be racist either. 22222frying pan

Offline goatprairie

The question I put to people like Behar is: if nobody fails because of their own faults, then can whites, like blacks,  be blamed for what bad things they do?
This has been the position of liberals for many decades: blacks are not responsible for what they do.
Outside forces, namely white racism, control what blacks do.  Evil Whitey makes young, black males gun each other down by the thousands annually. And along with young males, very young children and women get killed also. The other day two black women who had formed a group to try to stop violence in Chicago were gunned down by a person in a passing car.  Undoubtedly, the shooter was black.
I don't think even the craziest liberal truly believes that blacks are not responsible for what they do. But to get the black vote they have to say it publicly. Privately, I'll bet they say other things.